PDA

View Full Version : Prince on Jay Leno

Tim
May 28th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Prince is to play on the Jay Leno show tonight. Got to go watch Prince.

Robert
May 28th, 2008, 10:51 PM
I'm ready! I am a BIG Prince fan, so I'm really looking forward to this. He's not often on TV.

Thanks for mentioning it, Tim, otherwise I would have missed it.

Robert
May 28th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Well, that was funky! Great tune!

He's one funky short person.

SuperSwede
May 29th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Awesome, I gotta try to find the youtube clip later.. (theres always a youtube clip, right ? ;) )

Robert
May 29th, 2008, 11:04 AM
SS, Probably not with Prince... he's probably the person on the planet who is the most protective of his art...

Tone2TheBone
May 29th, 2008, 01:34 PM
You gotta admire a person that plays solos on a Tele...clean. That's the mark of a great musician and he ripped it.

Robert
May 29th, 2008, 01:43 PM
That man Prince has such control, it's amazing. He's one with his band. I admire him.

sunvalleylaw
May 29th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Darn, I missed it. This is the only thing I found when I searched youtube:

WnzPDiNX8gM

I am glad I can separate an artist's work from his personality. It was a national broadcast on network TV for goodness sake. I don't get people getting all upset over those types of things being re-broadast. It is not like he is going to sell copies of the telecast or anything. :poke: <prince

SuperSwede
May 29th, 2008, 01:53 PM
I gotta watch that show... in three weeks when they air it here :(

Robert
May 29th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Steve, Prince is NOT like the rest of us. Not anywhere close... he lives in his own world, completely.

sunvalleylaw
May 29th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Without knowing a whole lot, I kind of knew that, I suppose. Thus, I am glad I can admire his skill and music without needing to admire his choices. :pancake: :AOK:

sunvalleylaw
May 30th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I just found out you can watch old episodes of Leno on nbc.com. The prince episode is not on yet, it looks like they put them on the web about a week behind, but it should show up if anyone is interested.

warren0728
May 30th, 2008, 09:49 AM
I just found out you can watch old episodes of Leno on nbc.com. The prince episode is not on yet, it looks like they put them on the web about a week behind, but it should show up if anyone is interested.
thanks svl....gonna go check it out now....hope they put it online since i missed it....

ww

sunvalleylaw
May 30th, 2008, 10:11 AM
You are welcome. They will put it up there, they seem to do all of them. It is not up there yet. Only through the 23rd so far. It will show up in a few days.

warren0728
May 30th, 2008, 10:26 AM
yeah...i found it and bookmarked it....glad to know about this! :AOK:

ww

marnold
May 30th, 2008, 05:57 PM
This is by far and away my favorite recent Prince tune: "Fury"
fQr-ERh1hjc

warren0728
May 30th, 2008, 06:11 PM
he does a pretty good job with my guitar gently weeps too....

D7sT1HRV2qU

ww

just strum
May 30th, 2008, 06:40 PM
he does a pretty good job with my guitar gently weeps too....

D7sT1HRV2qU

ww

I'm a fan of his talent, but not so much his music. However, watching that - WOW, that is kick butt playing.

Where did his guitar go and could he do that with a piano?

Strange little man.

warren0728
May 30th, 2008, 06:42 PM
I'm a fan of his talent, but not so much his music. However, watching that - WOW, that is kick butt playing.

Where did his guitar go and could he do that with a piano?

Strange little man.
strange little man...yes...but probably one of the most talented artists of our time....

ww

just strum
May 30th, 2008, 06:46 PM
strange little man...yes...but probably one of the most talented artists of our time....

ww

No argument here.

Edit: Oh, he played it on one of them there butt ugly guitars and made it sing.

warren0728
June 5th, 2008, 08:13 PM
i just checked the website for the leno reruns and they skipped the week prince played :confused:

ww

just strum
June 5th, 2008, 08:18 PM
i just checked the website for the leno reruns and they skipped the week prince played :confused:

ww

You could see that coming.

Strange little man, strange little man.

Robert
June 5th, 2008, 10:12 PM
I found it here - http://www.rnbmusicblog.com/prince-turn-me-loose-jay-leno-video/

Turn Me Loose is a great funk tune! :bravo:

I also found "Fury" - what a cool song that is. :bravo:
fQr-ERh1hjc

warren0728
June 6th, 2008, 04:55 AM
great! thanks for the link....would have liked to hear more screamin' solos but his whole band was tight (as usual)! :AOK:

ww