PDA

View Full Version : GAS Never Sleeps: Squier Classic Vibe Series

Gil Janus
May 31st, 2008, 10:00 AM
Search samash.com for "Squier Classic Vibe" - they are listed - not yet available. All 4 of them are $299.99 each - $499.99 MSRP.

'50s Tele in Vintage Blonde/Black - Pine
'60s Strat in 2-Color Sunburst/White - Alder
'50s P-Bass in Lake Placid Blue/White - Basswood
'60s J-Bass in Olympic White/Tortoise Shell - Basswood

Yikes! Not yet on the Squier website.

The Tele looks very nice - 9.5" neck, 21-frets, Pine body covered in Vintage Blonde, 5-hole black pickguard, and what appears to be a Vintage style bridge with Brass Saddles and looks string-thru. Pickups are AlNiCo III.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb33/giljanus/Wishlist/lg_F3025507X-rot.png

Gil :cool:

Rabies
May 31st, 2008, 10:34 AM
Search samash.com for "Squier Classic Vibe" - they are listed - not yet available. All 4 of them are $299.99 each - $499.99 MSRP.

'50s Tele in Vintage Blonde/Black - Pine
'60s Strat in 2-Color Sunburst/White - Alder
'50s P-Bass in Lake Placid Blue/White - Basswood
'60s J-Bass in Olympic White/Tortoise Shell - Basswood

Yikes! Not yet on the Squier website.

The Tele looks very nice - 9.5" neck, 21-frets, Pine body covered in Vintage Blonde, 5-hole black pickguard, and what appears to be a Vintage style bridge with Brass Saddles and looks string-thru. Pickups are AlNiCo III.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb33/giljanus/Wishlist/lg_F3025507X-rot.png

I just went to look at them and they are showing the Tele as 'in stock'??

Gil Janus
May 31st, 2008, 10:43 AM
I just went to look at them and they are showing the Tele as 'in stock'??

When I saw the site late last night, they were all not available - this makes it even worse :thwap:

just strum
May 31st, 2008, 10:46 AM
When I saw the site late last night, they were all not available - this makes it even worse :thwap:

I guess we can ask now - when should we expect pictures?:D

Gil Janus
May 31st, 2008, 11:24 AM
I guess we can ask now - when should we expect pictures?:D

Humm - must resist - must wait till Uncle Sam sends me my rebate ! Home expenses come first. Must resist.

tjcurtin1
May 31st, 2008, 12:04 PM
"GAS never sleeps"! Instant classic (even if borrowed from an old classic...)
Has to go on my sig line.... How about on a t-shirt! Have we ever done forum t-shirts here? If not, this could be crying to be the first...

ZMAN
May 31st, 2008, 06:47 PM
I saw this over on the Fender Forum and I was wondering if it is just a sam ashe special edition. I have not seen it on the Squier site yet. I would like to know more about the pickups. They sound like the ones on the Standard seriies. They had the staggered Alnicos as well.
I really don't need another Strat but you never know.

Katastrophe
May 31st, 2008, 07:24 PM
Man, that Pine Tele is giving me serious GAS. Sheesh, Squier, whydja have to release these when I'm low on fundage?:confused:

Tone E
May 31st, 2008, 10:42 PM
About time they put a proper vintage bridge and brass saddles on the Squiers.
Very very nice, I will add that to my GAS list.

Dauntless
June 1st, 2008, 06:04 AM
:drool:

Dauntless
June 1st, 2008, 08:25 AM
Teles sold out!! :eek: :reallymad:

ZMAN
June 1st, 2008, 10:40 AM
I guess they sold IT! You wonder how many they actually have in stock.

Gil Janus
June 1st, 2008, 10:41 AM
Good news - the following message was posted this morning to a similar thread I had started over at www.fender.com -

Yup, very exciting new series launch and we'll be posting specs and pics on the Squier site early this week.
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation

Gil Janus
June 2nd, 2008, 06:21 PM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb33/giljanus/Wishlist/0303025507_xl.jpg

Classic Vibe Telecaster® ‘50s

Specs: http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0303025507

And check this out -

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb33/giljanus/Wishlist/0303050589_xl.jpg

Classic Vibe Duo-Sonic® ‘50s

Specs: http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0303050589

Plus the specs and photos are up for 2 Strats, 1 J-Bass, and 2 P-Basses.

Tone E
June 2nd, 2008, 10:06 PM
http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0303000503

Anyone wanna buy a first born child or something? This would keep me happy for a few years.
Beautiful.

Just called the GAS station $699 Australian. Sometimes I wish I still had a job.

abraxas
June 3rd, 2008, 09:20 AM
WOW!!

GAS Attack Alert!! :D

The Tele looks fantastic; just like the early Esquires, and made of pine to boot! :AOK:

I believe this line will be the best selling Squier line of guitars, since the Squier 51. As soon as they arrive in Europe, I'm getting a Tele.

The P-Bass (or Tele-bass) in LPB looks gorgeous too!

Spudman
June 3rd, 2008, 09:33 AM
Not good.:mad: New guitars bad.:spank: I.........must.........re........sist........argh! :thwap:

Bloozcat
June 3rd, 2008, 09:51 AM
Please!...Lash me to the mast that I might hear the Siren's beautiful song, yet be powerless to act upon it...

Just what we, the weak of resolve need....more inexpensive offerings from Squire to feed our GAS fires. It would be one thing if they were just cheaply made starter guitars for kids, but their quality in now well within the boundaries of temptation.

Arrghhh...

ZMAN
June 3rd, 2008, 10:25 AM
I checked with my tech and he emailed Fender Canada. They have them in stock up here and I have one of the 2 color burst Strats coming in next week. I will report on what it is like. The beauty of this deal is if I don't like it, he will put it in the store for sale. The price is a little higher here and I asked about the pickups. He seems to think they are the same as the Standard so a 100 bucks for tinted neck and stamped saddles seem a little rich.
He is doing some digging for me with Fender to find out if they are the same as the Standard. I will see what he finds out.
I wish you guys would stop this, I already have 8 Strats!

Spudman
June 3rd, 2008, 01:22 PM
I wish you guys would stop this, I already have 8 Strats!

Bah! Not nearly enough.:)

SuperSwede
June 3rd, 2008, 01:52 PM
The Duo-Sonic looks cool..

I really would love to see a cheap Squier Jaguar next time they update their series.

just strum
June 3rd, 2008, 05:20 PM
In the Squier category this remains the one I want, if I ever stop buying other guitars.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/closeup/StratDSMPW--Main

I've been saying that for a couple of months now:cry:

Spudman
June 3rd, 2008, 06:22 PM
In the Squier category this remains the one I want, if I ever stop buying other guitars.

You might be quite satisfied after getting it but....there is only one way to find out.:)

Dauntless
June 3rd, 2008, 09:41 PM

You won't be disappointed!
I keep mine next to the computer, that makes it the first one I grab, when inspiration hits! :rockon:

Iago
June 4th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Iago`s waiting for the first reviews to come out :D

I found about this new Squier series a couple days ago and I`ve been spreading the word in some brazilian forums. The people is stocked to check them out. The 50`s strat and the tele are absolute G.A.S.

Iago
June 4th, 2008, 09:13 AM
The Duo-Sonic looks cool..

I really would love to see a cheap Squier Jaguar next time they update their series.

There are new Jazzmaster and Jaguar models from Fender now, under the Classic Series tab. I think they`re the made in Japan ones. If I can remember they`re around 800,00US$

ZMAN
June 13th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Any actual sightings of the Classic Vibe series? I have not heard from my dealer yet. It has been about a week now and he said 1.5 to 2 weeks.
I will make sure I give a detailed run down on them when I get my hands on one.
I will take my Camera as well.

duhvoodooman
June 13th, 2008, 07:20 AM

Sweet looking axe, 'cept I just can never get used to those "bleached" maple necks Squier uses. C'mon guys, add a little color to 'em!

marnold
June 13th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Sweet looking axe, 'cept I just can never get used to those "bleached" maple necks Squier uses. C'mon guys, add a little color to 'em!
I'm totally the opposite. One thing I don't like about SX is the heavy amber tint they tend to put on all of their maple necks.

duhvoodooman
June 13th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I'm totally the opposite. One thing I don't like about SX is the heavy amber tint they tend to put on all of their maple necks.
I agree--can definitely be overdone. But there's a nice middle ground between "Squier white" and "SX orange"! :eek:

sunvalleylaw
June 13th, 2008, 08:54 AM
If I ended up getting a SX tele, I would consider at least roughing up the finish with some sanding and steel wool, both for feel, and to remove a bit of the honey gloss. I like a honey color, but I don't want it too shiny.

Duff
June 14th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Cool ideal SVL. I might try that on one of mine. Maybe a green scrub pad.

Conversely, I don't think it is as easy to color a white maple fretboard.

Any simple and quick ideas? Completely stripping it is not going to happen here.

Duffy

Bloozcat
June 17th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Cool ideal SVL. I might try that on one of mine. Maybe a green scrub pad.

Conversely, I don't think it is as easy to color a white maple fretboard.

Any simple and quick ideas? Completely stripping it is not going to happen here.

Duffy

Oh, there are methods out there for "tinting" a neck, using everything from coffee to shoe polish. But, they're all hit or miss in color, and they wear off easily...usually on your hands.

The easiest way I know of does require pulling the neck and stripping the hardware off. Then you can spray some Guitar Re-Ranch Fender neck amber on the neck, followed by some clear lacquer. Since Guitar Re-Ranch's paint is all aerosol, you wouldn't need any special equipment. From my experience, it takes a lot of the neck amber to get the right tint. Otherwise, it just looks yellow. Mixing your own amber tint in clear lacquer and spraying it through a Pre-Val sprayer, allows you to create a darker tint, thus fewer coats to get the job done. But, that takes just a bit more time and effort (not that much, though).

sunvalleylaw
June 17th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I am no expert there. I would just start slow and finish slower. I guess removing the neck would make it easier, but I hate doing things like that.

I know Spud did a scuff and rub on one of his new necks recently. He might chime in.

EDIT: Oh, I see, you were asking about adding tint. I have no clue there.

tremoloman
June 18th, 2008, 07:19 AM
That Tele is killing me... I'm just finishing off my MIM Tele project and this is almost the same dan guitar... wish it had come out earlier!

poodlesrule
September 13th, 2008, 07:18 AM
{Anybody with} More people getting a Sq Classic Vibe Strats..?

EDIT: Changed "Anybody with" to "More people getting"...

Dauntless
September 13th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Got both!!
Very pleased with them both! :rockon: