PDA

View Full Version : John Mayer playing Hendrix

Robert
May 31st, 2008, 11:25 PM
Here's a live (audio only) clip of Mayer playing Voodoo Child (slight return).
I really dig his style of playing here. Lots of Jimi mixed with SRV and Mayer.

Kudos to Mayer for becoming a star with that pop stuff, then once he got the teenagers' attention, he goes old school and plays some great guitar music from a past era. That is so cool. Imagine the awareness of this great music he is spreading to the masses. :AOK:

FqdkpCVbwKg

SuperSwede
June 1st, 2008, 01:32 AM
That boy can play!

just strum
June 1st, 2008, 09:17 AM
Very strange - Youtube stopped playing on my computer. I can play music from my HD and/or CD's, but I can't get Youtube to play.

sunvalleylaw
June 1st, 2008, 09:30 AM
I did not know him during his more pop days. I may have been vaguely aware of "Daughters" Since I started guitar and started listening to his guitar work with the Trio and otherwise, I sure have been inspired by his playing. A strat player too! I love his tones.

I like his voicings on some of his newer stuff, and think he sometimes mixes in some soul influences, less bluesey minor influences, more major scale stuff in some of his original work. I kinda like that. This pure vintage blues rock stuff is great too.

tjcurtin1
June 1st, 2008, 09:52 AM
Very strange - Youtube stopped playing on my computer. I can play music from my HD and/or CD's, but I can't get Youtube to play.

Hmmm... that's weird - same for me, tho it worked the first time. Couldn't listen to any of the 'top 100' list either...

just strum
June 1st, 2008, 09:57 AM
Couldn't listen to any of the 'top 100' list either...

Same here, but now I can listen to this clip.:confused:

sunvalleylaw
June 1st, 2008, 09:57 AM
Youtube is playing for me, but no vid, just audio on this. I figured that was just the way the vid was. I clicked on another related one right next to it and vid played.

Robert
June 1st, 2008, 10:29 AM
Read my description in the introductory post - "audio only".... ;)

sunvalleylaw
June 1st, 2008, 10:42 AM
Oh, too early on Sun. morning when I first watched to notice it. LOL!