PDA

View Full Version : My Agile arrived!!!

oldguy
June 1st, 2008, 08:42 AM
I love this guitar! The package was sitting here waiting when I got home last night. It came with a Gibson USA hardshell case. This is a used guitar, but has been well taken care of. Very nice honeyburst flame top, the usual AL 3000 features (abalone inlays, ebony fingerboard, triple binding, etc.)
The main reason I bought this particular AL-3000, though, is the pickups. It's loaded with a set of WCR Crossroads Humbuckers. This is possibly the best sound I've ever heard from a set of 'buckers. They're not a hot/distortion type p.u. They're more like the old P.A.F., at least to my ears.
Very warm, round, and clear..........until you begin to crank your amp..........then a nice smooth breakup begins, and with just a bit of twiddling the volume pot on the guitar you can venture into some nice controlled feedback...... I love this guitar! I highly encourage anyone to check out a set of the WCR pickups if you ever get the chance, IMO they are excellent.
Did I mention I love this guitar??:rotflmao:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_1154842afa111223.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=508)

Rabies
June 1st, 2008, 08:54 AM
Wow...looks nice!! Congrats!

It arrived today???

warren0728
June 1st, 2008, 09:33 AM
looks great.... i take it you love the guitar! :D

ww

just strum
June 1st, 2008, 09:42 AM
Boy that looks nice and based on the way you describe it, it must sound super sweet.

Based on the looks and the description of the hardware, I'm bit surprised you didn't mention that you love that guitar.

I guess you been around guitars so much you've become jaded.:D

sunvalleylaw
June 1st, 2008, 09:48 AM
grr . . . . . . jealousy . . . . . . . even so, congrats OG!

Clips, vid man! I haven't heard enough of your sweet playing lately. Glad you have a new axe to do it on.

luvmyshiner
June 1st, 2008, 10:13 AM
She looks sweet Oldguy! Congrats.

Bloozcat
June 1st, 2008, 10:19 AM
I could just kick myself for not buying a set of the Filmores back when I first started looking at them. :thwap:

At the time, Wagner was just starting to get a reputation, and the pickups were reasonably priced. Well, they're fairly famous now among LP users, and the price reflects that.

Some of the best sounding pickups made...

Robert
June 1st, 2008, 10:25 AM
Cool! I'd love to get one of those Agiles! GAS cannot be cured around here...

SuperSwede
June 1st, 2008, 10:40 AM
Congrats Oldguy! A fine looking guitar indeed.

But...this thread is useless without clips :D

M29
June 1st, 2008, 10:44 AM
What a sweet purchase oldguy sweet indeed.:rockon:

M29

Gil Janus
June 1st, 2008, 10:49 AM
Very, very pretty guitar there. Congrats on your new acquisition. :bravo: :beer:

May the music ring out :dude:

Gil :cool:

oldguy
June 1st, 2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks everyone, I've been playing it this morning and remember why I loved the LP sound. Cutting edge clear notes and chords that grind as you crank it, and sustainnnn......:) If I didn't look at the headstock I'd swear I was playing my old(long lost) Gibby LP Custom, the mahogany, the maple, the ebony, all of it is very good quality.
The pledge is forthcoming........
"I promise to do my best to do some clips for my Fretter friends ASAP. So help me Robert Johnson........":D
http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_1154842afa4a0c77.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=511)

player
June 1st, 2008, 11:54 AM
Congrats on a fantastic looking and apparently sounding guitar.hope this eases the GAS some.best of luck getting clips up knowing your schedule.
Robert Johnson? - that could be a long wait

oldguy
June 1st, 2008, 12:41 PM
Congrats on a fantastic looking and apparently sounding guitar.hope this eases the GAS some.best of luck getting clips up knowing your schedule.
Robert Johnson? - that could be a long wait

How about Howard Johnson?
Van Johnson?
Johnson & Johnson?
Did you know if you say "Johnson" over and over it starts to sound like "son John" ??? Weird.:messedup:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Algonquin
June 1st, 2008, 03:02 PM
Very nice burst G...

Clips, clips, clips please!

Brian Krashpad
June 1st, 2008, 03:22 PM
Looks great!

Congrats!

Kazz
June 1st, 2008, 05:54 PM
That is one beautiful guitar.....it is really a shame that you do not love it.....I am sure some of the others around here...myself included....would love to appreciate it up close for you.

bigoldron
June 1st, 2008, 08:47 PM
She's definitely a beauty! I'm still a little unclear on whether or not you actually like this guitar!!!??? :bravo:

Spudman
June 1st, 2008, 10:16 PM
Wow! Nice score. I'm sure you are going to enjoy that guitar for a long time to come. The 3000 series are really sweet guitars stock but with the pickup upgrades I bet it is even extra nice.

duhvoodooman
June 2nd, 2008, 08:29 AM
SUH-WEET!! Nice snag there, OG! :AOK: BTW, do you like it? :confused:

Tone2TheBone
June 2nd, 2008, 09:04 AM
Purdy geetar there my friend. Congrats! I bet that baby sounds solid.

Guitar Gal
June 2nd, 2008, 09:07 AM
Nice looking Agile OG :master:

Can't wait to hear some of your clips :dude: I listened to some clips of those WCR Crossroads pups and they do sound sweet!

GG

stingx
June 2nd, 2008, 07:42 PM
Hey Oldguy congrats on the Agile. That's quite a looker. I cried when Rondo closed it doors for the last time as they were only 45 minutes from me and I used to pop in there every so often to see what was new and especially the scratch and dents :( I had one of the orginial Agiles LPs with the lawsuit headstock and route. I gave it to a family member. Post a video showing off that lovely cap and sound!

Jimi75
June 3rd, 2008, 05:31 AM
Hey OG,

This is a beautiful looking guitar. I look forward to seeing a video clip of playing this beauty.

Yeah, sometimes it's just the headstock that looks different, but the sound is still great. It doesn't always have to be the big "G".

Enjoy your new instruement.
:bravo: