PDA

View Full Version : Area 61/67/67 Video

marnold
June 1st, 2008, 08:36 PM
Sounds pretty sweet to me--tones from a Strat with the Dimarzio Area 61 at the bridge and Area 67 in the middle and neck.

JW3d2kB2wH0

thearabianmage
June 1st, 2008, 08:41 PM
That's a sweet guitar and nice tone, too!

I hate his accent, though. I can't remember what the exact term is, but he ends every sentence like it was a question. . . It's really annoying!

Thanks for sharing, Marnold? Those pickups seem sweet? I may have to check them out when I eventually buy a Standard Strat?

sunvalleylaw
June 1st, 2008, 08:42 PM
Sounds very, very nice! I sure wish I could jump up to that playing level right now.

bigoldron
June 1st, 2008, 08:56 PM
Dude, I think that guy's actually played one of them there GEETARS before!!! :master:

I think maybe I'll sell mine now and save myself any further embarrassment. :cry:

Robert
June 1st, 2008, 10:19 PM
Nice tones. That's Jack Zucker, he's a good guy who hangs out on some other famous forums. Not on the fret though. :(

rkwrenn
June 2nd, 2008, 04:34 AM
Nice tones. That's Jack Zucker, he's a good guy who hangs out on some other famous forums. Not on the fret though. :(

Yep, I remember first seeing Jack's posts on Usenet (rec.music.makers.guitar and alt.guitar) in the 90's. Real nice guy and a great player. Aka: JAZ

http://www.sheetsofsound.net/

Great demo on the pickups, but he can make anything sound fantastic.

Cheers and HTH,

SuperSwede
June 2nd, 2008, 09:21 AM
Great sounds.. I havent had a Dimarzio pickup for a lot of years..

duhvoodooman
June 2nd, 2008, 11:52 AM
Nice sounding p'ups, and Mr. Zucker can surely play. These are the p'ups that I have in mind for a second Strat, when I get around to buying one.

Anybody notice the second OD pedal he kicked in for more drive? It was Geek MacDaddy's (a.k.a. Jeff Rubin) "Geek Screamer", a boutique TS clone built on the same BYOC PCB that I've used in my ZYS's. Jeff is one of the Mods over at the BYOC forums, and a super-helpful guy. Pic of the Geek Screamer, an eye-catching pedal, to say the least:

http://www.pedalspluseffectswarehouse.com/photos/GKMCDY-GKSCRM-2.jpg

Very nice pedal, well made. Of course, it has nowhere near the sonic flexibility of the ZYS, and it goes for $300--but it has a much better decal/paint job. But I digress.... ;) :D

Robert
June 2nd, 2008, 12:07 PM
That is truly one of the ugliest pedals on the market! :eek:

marnold
June 2nd, 2008, 12:21 PM
This guy does sound like a great player--same thing with the Harry Jacobson clip I posted in the other thread.

Having said that, one thing that torques me is when you talk about noiseless pickups and some pompous @$$ immediately says, "Noiseless = toneless." I double-dog-dare anyone to watch that video and describe those pickups as toneless.

sunvalleylaw
June 2nd, 2008, 03:08 PM
I like the looks of that thing, has a Seattle, U-District vibe to its look, though if I were buying, I'd go ZYS, of course! :D
Nice sounding p'ups, and Mr. Zucker can surely play. These are the p'ups that I have in mind for a second Strat, when I get around to buying one.

Anybody notice the second OD pedal he kicked in for more drive? It was Geek MacDaddy's (a.k.a. Jeff Rubin) "Geek Screamer", a boutique TS clone built on the same BYOC PCB that I've used in my ZYS's. Jeff is one of the Mods over at the BYOC forums, and a super-helpful guy. Pic of the Geek Screamer, an eye-catching pedal, to say the least:

http://www.pedalspluseffectswarehouse.com/photos/GKMCDY-GKSCRM-2.jpg

Very nice pedal, well made. Of course, it has nowhere near the sonic flexibility of the ZYS, and it goes for $300--but it has a much better decal/paint job. But I digress.... ;) :D

Ironbird
June 11th, 2008, 07:41 PM
I'm considering 2 Area 67's in my fender duo-sonic for hendrix-like tones.the guy at my guitar shop put tex mex in them when he hot rodded it last (no wonder i'm unhappy with the tone).