PDA

View Full Version : I Modded My EX-7

marnold
June 2nd, 2008, 11:56 PM
OK, so here I am at 11:45 P.M. considering what I can kick/punch/set on fire after the Wings lost. So I decided to do two things:

1) Recompile my Linux kernel. What could be more soothing?
2) Mod my Digitech EX-7.

How did I mod it, you ask? Well, the little rubber "foot" at the heel of the pedal was coming up and had taken on a bunch of lint, dog hair, etc. So I pulled it the rest of the way off. While my kernel was compiling (it still is as I type this) I took a little flat head screw driver and scraped the sticky "pad" off the bottom of it. That took longer than I wanted. But hey! I had some anger to work off! Plus that gave my time to finish my Molson. After that I liberally applied crazy glue to the EX-7's indentation for said foot and reapplied it.

I thoroughly expect that my riffs will be 99.8% more rawking as a result of this mod. I may also have another Molson.

By the way, Robert, have you ordered your EX-7 yet?

Update! I decided to have a Labatt instead. You think I'm kidding.

thearabianmage
June 3rd, 2008, 06:29 AM
Molson? Labatt? Recompile Linux kernel (I know what Linux is, but. . .huh?)

Sounds like you are havin' fun, there, Marnie. And definitely good times about the EX-7 mods which will help you rawk round the clawk! It's a sad day when the Reverend Rawk can't rawkout because his pedal is jammy, but that day is not today. Most excellent times!

Robert
June 3rd, 2008, 07:33 AM
You don't mean a Master beer brewer like yourself drinks Molson and Labatt? That urine is made here in Edmonton! I'd use that for cooking or for the dog, at best ... :)

No, I haven't gotten an EX-7 yet. I am waiting until the Red Wings win. :eek: maybe.

marnold
June 3rd, 2008, 11:36 AM
You don't mean a Master beer brewer like yourself drinks Molson and Labatt? That urine is made here in Edmonton! I'd use that for cooking or for the dog, at best ... :)
I haven't brewed in some time, actually. Hopefully soonish. If I plan on having more than one beer, I have a good one first (in this case, Pilsner Urquell) and then follow it up with something cheaper. That's partially because beers like Urquell are more expensive and partially because moving to the more mass produced stuff keeps me from drinking too much of it. I have some Molson and Labatt simply because it's hockey time!

As you could no doubt tell, I was just a tad punchy last night/this morning.