PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding my Squier Stratocaster

The Boss
June 3rd, 2008, 07:12 AM
Hi,

Well, after buying another electric guitar (a J&D Luthiers Telecaster), I decided that I would rebuild my Strat. Naively, I dismantled it before ordering the parts, but they're on their way, anyway. I'm going to replace all the electronics, wires, potentiometers (will use 250K pots rather than the stock 500K), capacitor (will use .05uf rather than the stock .1uf, this is what Fender used during the '50s), and am thinking of putting Fender Custom Shop 1969 Pickups in her.

I don't have any pictures at the moment, but if anyone has any comments or queries, they're welcomed! :D

Cheers.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I'm going to be putting a Pearloid White pickguard on it. The guitar itself is Metallic Red, with a Rosewood Fretboard.

warren0728
June 3rd, 2008, 07:24 AM
sounds like a great project....of course we are all going to want to see some pics!

ww

thearabianmage
June 3rd, 2008, 07:26 AM
Sounds nice! Have you ever heard of:

http://www.deaf-eddie.net/

There's some very useful wiring information as well as killer upgrades for your pearloid beauty available there. Definitely worth a check!

The Boss
June 3rd, 2008, 07:33 AM
Thanks for that link, thearabianmage. Some great stuff there, by the looks of it.

Warren, I will get some pics at some point, but I need to buy a digital camera (I spend all of my money on guitars! LOL!)

After I've done this, I'll be rebuilding my Tele, at which point I'll be seriously looking at a 4-way switch enabling Series/Parallel wiring, that site has some great stuff on that, an easy to understand explanation.

Cheers.

pes_laul
June 3rd, 2008, 02:43 PM
ha thats cool I'm redoing my squire too. can't wait to see the pics of yours. you should do a before and after one.