PDA

View Full Version : Dino's Bar and Grill

stingx
June 3rd, 2008, 07:53 PM
Here's a photo the establishment made famous by the Thin Lizzy song The Boys are Back in Town.

When I first saw the place this was not quite what I had pictured in my mind when listening to the tune but I suppose one should bear in mind that this area, Kensington, wasn't quite the gentrified, highly desirable area it is today back in the early 70s.

So, for those that have never been to Dino's or wondered what the place was all about, here you go. Just a nice family owned Italian restaurant. I took this in '06 during a business trip to the London office.

Edit/Update: I've added a couple of pictures of Bill Wyman's Sticky Fingers establishment as well...just coz :D

thearabianmage
June 3rd, 2008, 09:23 PM
Very cool! Did you take the Rock 'N Roll tour in London? There's loads of places of interest: the hotel where Jimi Hendrix died, the studio that Bohemian Rhapsody was recorded in, Paul MacCartney's office in Soho (you can see his gold records through the blinds). . . . And of course the 1st Hard Rock Cafe ever built, where I ate a cheeseburger and was invited into 'The Vault' where I played one of Jimi Hendrix's guitars - with the same strings he used. On his sofa. I have pictures. :D

Very cool shots, though!

warren0728
June 3rd, 2008, 09:32 PM
And of course the 1st Hard Rock Cafe ever built, where I ate a cheeseburger and was invited into 'The Vault' where I played one of Jimi Hendrix's guitars - with the same strings he used. On his sofa. I have pictures.
that's really cool....i was at the hardrock in orlando last year for my birthday with my kids and got a special tour....got to go to the lennon room where my kids and i got to sit on john lennon's couch....didn't get to play his guitar but it was cool sitting on his furniture....have the photo somewhere...would have to search to post it!

ww

stingx
June 4th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Very cool! Did you take the Rock 'N Roll tour in London? There's loads of places of interest: the hotel where Jimi Hendrix died, the studio that Bohemian Rhapsody was recorded in, Paul MacCartney's office in Soho (you can see his gold records through the blinds). . . . And of course the 1st Hard Rock Cafe ever built, where I ate a cheeseburger and was invited into 'The Vault' where I played one of Jimi Hendrix's guitars - with the same strings he used. On his sofa. I have pictures. :D

Very cool shots, though!

I have many pictures of various Rock places of interest. In fact, these pictures were taken on a Saturday when I met up with two long time forum friends who just had to show me the exact places you've mentioned :) Also go to see the block where they filmed A Fish Called Wanda...you know where the piano fell on the pooch! :)

thearabianmage
June 4th, 2008, 07:48 AM
I have many pictures of various Rock places of interest. In fact, these pictures were taken on a Saturday when I met up with two long time forum friends who just had to show me the exact places you've mentioned :) Also go to see the block where they filmed A Fish Called Wanda...you know where the piano fell on the pooch! :)

Nice one!

London is a very interesting place in terms of Rock 'N Roll, among many other things. But every Hard Rock I've ever been to kicked some serious bumholio. I went to Chicago where there was a Hard Rock (with one of Steve Vai's guitars!!!) across the road from the only Hard Rock McDonald's in the world! I went to the Micky D's to get a souvenir and found out that in two days it would be demolished for a 2-story futuristic, cubic, 'functional' Micky D's. Bad times. So I stole a shot glass. Well. . . I reached around the cabinet, opened it, picked up the shot glass and showed a lady behind the counter and she shrugged, so I walked off. I guess the realisation of being made jobless had estranged her from her former responsibilities as burger-lady. So all in all. . . London! :D