PDA

View Full Version : Squire '05 satin trans mahogany sss

Duff
June 4th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Anybody try a Squire Standard Stratocaster, '05ish, trans mahagony body, maple neck. Usually it came with two humbuckers but this one is sss duncan desiged and is, I believe, from the Deluxe series. It does not have a pickguard and you can see the mahogany thru the satin crimson stain quite well. The body is slimmer than a regular strat and the headstock is the large paddle type and is painted crimson on the crimson one.

I can't find much info on it and what I find is only on the HH.

I'm looking at a used sss in real good condition that plays really well. I would appreciate any info on this guitar from people that have used it; primarily the sss but the hh also.

Also, has anyone played that new Deluxe series Squire strat with the duncan designed rails?

Any help appreciated.

Duffy

Spudman
June 4th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I found the Satin SSS to be lacking. It just didn't have any mojo for me. I sold mine. On the flip side the crimson HH Satin has mojo in spades.

Duff
June 12th, 2008, 10:56 PM
My memory didn't serve me well. It is a HH mahogany Squire standard in the deluxe series and it now has a new home and owner at my place.

Strangely, I got it for 130 but it has absolutely no scratches however small or other signs of use. It even has the plastic on the back of several of the tuners.

It's really neat. You get that unique mahogany tone with the maple neck. I really like it.

Anyone else have one of these HH Squire Standard Deluxes with no pickguard. Mine is Crimson red trans satin.

Any observations regarding this guitar will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Duffy