PDA

View Full Version : Ever try a Chromacaster?

thearabianmage
June 4th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Today I was working my little gluteus off finishing up that Charvel I was gonna sell. Had to polish the frets - which took a lot longer than I thought. Wet-dry, steel wool, polish, wet-dry, steel wool, polish, etc. Then - 10 minutes before lesson - the tone pot don't work. Geez. So I got all this stuff sorted and ended up selling the guitar for £150. . . Yay! And that gave me funds to carry on with another project, a £7.50 Chinese Strat rip-off.

So I bought a Chromacaster upgrade, just to see what it was really like. Has anyone ever played/owned one of these? They sound killer, but I've never actually played one.

Whaddaya reckon?

just strum
June 4th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Are you referring to this?

could be a slow load of the page

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Guitar+Pickup/product/Deaf+Eddie/Chromacaster/10/1

Spudman
June 4th, 2008, 10:17 PM
I've never heard of a Chromacaster. Enlighten us please.

The Boss
June 4th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Quoted from the Deaf Eddie website:

The Chromacaster is a six position ROTARY switch that expands the potential pickup combinations available in your Stratocaster or other "S-type" guitar. It installs where one of your old tone controls was. The Chromacaster does NOT replace your 5-way pickup selector switch - your 5-way still works just like it always did. The Chromacaster works in conjunction WITH the 5-way to give you new combinations. You lose a tone control, but gain a lot of tones!

The traditional Strat 5-way selector gives you only 5 of the seven parallel combinations possible, and no series or out-of-phase connections. With the Chromacaster , you can get all seven parallel combinations, PLUS two series settings with variations, PLUS two out-of-phase settings with variations, for a total of SIXTEEN different pickup combinations.

Jipes
June 5th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Seems to me like a very interesting switch :AOK: