PDA

View Full Version : Just the Little Things that Bring Me a Smile

just strum
June 4th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Swapped out the jack plate (was gold) and switch knob (was white) with the black plate and knob.

Thanks to MrMudcat for the parts.

Guess what? It sounds better!!!:D

Not the best of photos, but you can see the parts and make out the grain on the body.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Guitars/Picture252.jpg

ET335
June 4th, 2008, 07:57 PM
That looks mucho better Strum..it made a big difference.

and of course it sounds better!!:D

Spudman
June 4th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I think it looks better too. More serious, like it's saying 'play me more.'

mrmudcat
June 4th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Sweet!:beer: :master:

warren0728
June 4th, 2008, 10:13 PM
i really like the all black hardware look!! :bravo:

ww

sunvalleylaw
June 4th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Glad you have made it you own Strummy! Now clips! Let's hear it! ;)

luvmyshiner
June 5th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Wow, I can't believe a few little cosmetic changes could make such a difference. Looks great Strum.

M29
June 5th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Looks great Strum:AOK:

M29

Bloozcat
June 5th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Wait 'til you play it during the next full moon, strum...tonal nirvana...;)

It really does look good, like it was designed to look that way.

Like guitar Feng Shui...:AOK:

marnold
June 5th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Looks very sharp! I plan on doing something similar with my Floyd. You probably mentioned it elsewhere, but what Duncan pups to you have in it?

just strum
June 5th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Looks very sharp! I plan on doing something similar with my Floyd. You probably mentioned it elsewhere, but what Duncan pups to you have in it?

This is from the post that Plank made before I bought it from him.

The Strat is a 2002 American Deluxe, locking tuners, originally SSS. I modded it to HSS with a Duncan Custom Custom, two SSL3 Hots, 250k pots, Wilkinson trem (5 springs)

Thanks to all for the comments.

There was nothing wrong with it when I bought it, except it wasn't me. It's nice when you buy a guitar and there are only minor cosmetic changes that you feel you need to make.

marnold
June 5th, 2008, 11:11 AM
The Strat is a 2002 American Deluxe, locking tuners, originally SSS. I modded it to HSS with a Duncan Custom Custom, two SSL3 Hots, 250k pots, Wilkinson trem (5 springs)
Works for me! I take it that the Custom Custom doesn't sound too dark with the 250K pots?

bigoldron
June 8th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Sweet ax Strum! The minor changes sometimes makes all the difference! That Muddie is a good fellow, as he's helped many of us over the years!

just strum
June 8th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Sweet ax Strum! The minor changes sometimes makes all the difference! That Muddie is a good fellow, as he's helped many of us over the years!

He's Aces in my book as are so many that I've had the pleasure to meet going back to the Washburn days. The combination of the W gang and the people I met here, I think I have a good group of fretters to discuss guitar, gear, and music with. Oh, and let us not forget just bustin B's.

street music
June 8th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Nice axe there Strum, looks great. I want to do some mods on the electronic end of my Godin.

bigoldron
June 9th, 2008, 07:42 AM
He's Aces in my book as are so many that I've had the pleasure to meet going back to the Washburn days. The combination of the W gang and the people I met here, I think I have a good group of fretters to discuss guitar, gear, and music with. Oh, and let us not forget just bustin B's.

I feel like a B Buster most days, especially lately. :thwap:

I do miss the old W forum and occasionally pop in from time to time, but it's nothing like it used to be. We've got most of the good ones here now. Plus we're making new friends on the Fret! It's a cool place to hang out! :dude: