PDA

View Full Version : Three pickup Les Paul's

M29
June 5th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Hello,

I have always wanted a three pickup Les Paul and wondered what your opinions were on these? I have heard that the center pickup can sometimes get in the way of your pick. I have also heard that there is not much difference with the middle pickup. Any thoughts?

M29

Kazz
June 6th, 2008, 04:28 AM
I must be doing something wrong....I never dig into my strumming enough to get near the pickups.....

duhvoodooman
June 6th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Can't answer your question, never having played one, but I know Spuds has an opinion. In the meantime, if you like 3-bucker LP's, here's a drool-worthy piece:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=1817

The ironic thing is that the guy who bought this guitar never uses anything but the bridge pickup on any of his LP's (he had 10 of them, last time I knew....). He just likes how the triple-pickups look! :eek: :thwap:

M29
June 6th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Oh man DVM that is one sweet 3 Hum LP:rockon: I too love the way they look and am thinking about adding one to my Epi LP project. I bet a guy could have a riot with all those wiring combinations:D

Thanks DVM.

M29

Tone2TheBone
June 6th, 2008, 11:25 PM
The middle humbuckers and P-90s get in my way when I slam hard on the strings...that is when I play 3 pickup guits. Strat middle pups are low enough and my Tele and other LPs are good. Might be weird for you...or not. Check it out live and in concert. Those guitars look cool though. Very Framptonish.

Algonquin
June 7th, 2008, 04:57 AM
YouTubes dcooper830 plays an Epiphone 'Black Beauty' in this vid.

Someone recently asked him 'do you find that you hit the middle pick up with your pick sometimes? and the reply was 'Yes, but it's not that much of a problem.'
vDx_LinULJA&feature=related