PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

Duff
June 5th, 2008, 07:06 PM
I want to buy a Squire Standard Strat serial number IC0501017737.

It is satin finish see thru, trans I guess, sss, rosewood neck, large paddle headstock painted, crimson red body, duncan designe single coils, two point trem. Really nice and I can get it for 150.

The closest thing I can find is a HSS.

Does anyone have any idea what this guitar is and if it is mahagony or basswood?

Is there any way to view the '05 Squire Catalog?

Duffy

just strum
June 5th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I want to buy a Squire Standard Strat serial number IC0501017737.

It is satin finish see thru, trans I guess, sss, rosewood neck, large paddle headstock painted, crimson red body, duncan designe single coils, two point trem. Really nice and I can get it for 150.

The closest thing I can find is a HSS.

Does anyone have any idea what this guitar is and if it is mahagony or basswood?

Is there any way to view the '05 Squire Catalog?

Duffy

I'm not sure if they have one, but did you check the Squier/Fender site to see if they have an achieve?

Spudman
June 5th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I think it is agathis and the body is a bit thinner than a standard Fender Strat. Should have alnico pickups in it and probably will need some attention to fret sprout. $150 isn't bad if it is in good shape but for just a little more you can have this

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=7337

Duff
June 5th, 2008, 07:14 PM
They have an article archive I found. But no relevant info. Seems Squire takes a backseat in dating, etc. Couldn't find a dating section either. An old catalog would be nice but I can't find one.

Duffy

Gil Janus
June 5th, 2008, 07:28 PM
From my 2006 Squier Price List

Satin transparent finishes. Humbucker models have solid mahogany bodies and Seymour Duncan Designed pickups.

032-1630 Satin Trans Stratocaster, Rosewood
501 White Blonde w/ Tortise PG
520 Amber w/ Tortise PG
507 Wine Transparent w/ BWB PG

032-1730 Satin Trans Fat Stratocaster, Rosewood
538 Crimson Trans
550 Honey
592 Walnut Stain

032-1830 Satin Trans 2HB Stratocaster, Rosewood
522 Sunset Orange Trans
538 Crimson Trans
539 Ebony Trans

It doesn't say what the Single Coil model is made of.

Gil :cool:

Duff
June 10th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the ideas. I went up and looked at it closely and refreshed my memory.

What it is:

A trans satin HH Squire strat standard with mahogany body, two point trem, one vol and two tone controls, duncan designed buckers.

Super great sounding, feeling. In perfect shape, perfect shape for sure. Used but you can't really tell. Played it for a couple hours at the store and put a down payment on it. Now I will be scrounging around to get the cash together to get it home as soon as possible. Anyway, I sealed the deal and it's waiting for its new owner and home.

This thing is really nice in my opinion.

Anyone else really like this mahogany body Squire strat HH that wants to share their observations?

Comments appreciated. It's crimson transparent with the canoe paddle headstock and a thinner strat body. Not heavier than a regular strat I don't think.

Duffy

A mahogany strat just plain sounds like a neat thing. Plus I don't have a strat style with twin HB's, other than my Schecter Omen 6 that's quite different and not as strat sounding, plus doesn't have a tremolo. I'm starting to use the trem, esp. with light downward palm or finger taps to give a subtle trem effect.

Any experiences with this guitar that you might want to share are appreciated; advice, what to watch out for or change, any ideas are definitely appreciated. This guitar is like brand new. No scratches on the back or signs of wear at all.

Duffy