PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite pedal setup?

Robert
June 6th, 2008, 07:54 AM
I rearranged my pedals last night for today's gig.

My set up right now is:
Clyde wah -> Korg pitchblack -> Das Fuzz -> SD-9 -> Dunlop Octave Fuzz -> Arion SCH-1 -> 19 Sixty 3 -> Boss DD-20

But this changes often. My old home made pedal board is falling apart. Can't wait until my new Pedaltrain comes (on Monday or Tuesday)!

I usually have my ZYS on there too, but I ran out of space this time. I will add it back in when the Pedaltrain arrives! Because TheVoodooMan's ZYS is a fantastic bluesy overdrive pedal.

Jimi75
June 6th, 2008, 10:21 AM
I witnessed my beloved pedal board falling into pieces. It took me so much time to plan and build it, I organizes all the stuff and worked really with high scrutiniy on the board.

After some couple changes, Istarted bringing less ans less pedals to a gig, until there was only the tuner pedal on it in the end :-)

My favourite set up is Roger Mayer Wah, TS9 or Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz.
That's about it.

Spudman
June 6th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Rotovibe>Wah>Hot British>ZYS>Loop Slector>BD2>PB100>Arion Phaser>AD9>RC20XL>Amph

Robert
June 6th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Cool, Spud is using a phaser. You know, I've never ever owned a phaser. Do I need one?

What is PB100 and what Wah do you use?

sunvalleylaw
June 6th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Wah > NS-2 > Little Big Muff Pi Fuzz > DS-1 > Bad Monkey > PB100 clean boost > back to NS-2 to close noise suppression loop > CE-5 Chorus > TU100 Tuner > Korg AX-1G Multi > Looper

sunvalleylaw
June 6th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Cool, Spud is using a phaser. You know, I've never ever owned a phaser. Do I need one?

PB100 is the Behringer clean boost, also known as Preamp booster.

duhvoodooman
June 6th, 2008, 11:17 AM

Yes, you need a phaser. You can get such nice swirly effects with one, and they sound so different between clean and dirty tones. Very flexible tool for the ol' tonal arsenal.

PB100 = Behringer Preamp Booster, an excellent & inexpensive little booster pedal. I don't use mine since I built that BYOC TriBoost pedal, but I really ought to sell it to someone who can make use of it....

Robert
June 6th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I think I need to add this one to my pedal board...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/ayatollahweb/lj/talent-booster.jpg

sunvalleylaw
June 6th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I think I need to add this one to my pedal board...

Oh, puh-leease!!! :whatever: :D

duhvoodooman
June 6th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Oh, puh-leease!!! :whatever: :D
+1!!

Leave that one on the shelf for those of us who can really use it....

warren0728
June 6th, 2008, 12:34 PM
i noticed it's "designed to string together as many as needed!"

wonder if you get a discount for a case of them!! :whatever: :thwap: :beer:

ww

markb
June 6th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Fulldrive 2 Mosfet>Boss TR-2>Korg DT10.

Spudman
June 6th, 2008, 02:56 PM

Wah you say?

That Digitech EX7 is a nice wah and I've been using it more lately because of the other features, but often it is the 535Q wah or my Thomas Organ Crybaby.

The PB100 is the Behringer clean boost pedal. It has bass, treble and output level knobs. It's great especially how cheap it was and how well it works. It's not noisy at all.

Tone2TheBone
June 6th, 2008, 11:07 PM
....You know, I've never ever owned a phaser. Do I need one?...

Dude you totally need an EVH Phase 90.

*points below*
v
v
v
v

Does a POD count as a pedal? For the past couple 'o weeks I been plugging everything into the POD and the Marshall sitting in the livingroom. Sounds like Tom Scholz's and Eddie's studio in there. Loud too and really fun. The bedroom's got the EX-7, Fuzz Face, Zonkin Screamer and the EVH PHASE 90 ROBERT running through the beloved Blues Jr. graced with a GT12AX7C in V1 and a totally sweet Guitar Warehouse Veteran 30 speaker under the hood of the deadly Blues J.

Pancake time cuz it's so suhweet-uh :pancake:

Robert
June 7th, 2008, 08:11 AM
After I read this post last night, I dreamt of EVH Phase 90 pedals. Weird huh? :confused:

Spudman
June 7th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Don't be reading any Piers Anthony or you'll be wanting phase and Phaze pedals at the same time.:D

M29
June 7th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Hello,

I don't know about favorite pedals but I built a homemade board a while back and ended up putting a Bad Monkey, MI Audio Blues Pro, a Fender PT-100 tuner and a Marshall Reflector (thanks Tone). I have my Valve Junior upstairs and my 18 watt amp down stairs and usually keep my pedal board with the VJ in my small computer room. It is a drag having them separate and a pain to keep moving it. I am pretty content with what I have but I do want to get a Fulltone OCD next and I am scrounging stuff to eb*y for funds.

M29

pes_laul
June 14th, 2008, 07:38 AM
well I just recently got two original pedals from the 70's which is the big muff and small stone. and my wah broke so this is my current setup

badmonkey>DS-1>BigMuff>SmallStone>SmallClone>TurboFlange>Amp

I starting to have a nice collection:AOK:

indianjjy
June 14th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Robert, I have a extra DOD phaser, No battery cover but it works well,let me know...

Robert
June 14th, 2008, 01:12 PM
What DOD model is that phaser?

Katastrophe
June 14th, 2008, 01:23 PM
My favorite pedal setup has been ---------> None. Just, guitar straight into the amph. It's been fun trying to see what kind of tones I could get using just the amph and volume/tone knobs on my guitar.

Lately, though, I've been missing having access to a good chorus, and a delay, and an overdrive, possibly a wah as well. I think it's time to start exploring some cheap Dano or Behringer pedals or something....

And now I have realized that you can be broke and still have GAS.:thwap:

King_Dumble_of_Princeton
June 17th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Current Setup:

Volume > Wah > Holy Grail Reverb > Holy Choir Chorus > Keeley BD > Keeley TS-808 > Marshall Bluesbreaker > Marshall Echohead Delay w/ Boss FS-5U.

Maybe a little overkill having 3 different overdrives, but I do use them all. I can't wait to get my Keeley Kitana. :dude:

On a side note, does anyone know of any better delays that I can hook my midi pedal into to tap tempo on? I love the Pretty Dolly, but it doesn't have a midi out. I really would like to upgrade from the Echohead, but I haven't found anything that has a midi out. Thanks in advance.

CR

warren0728
June 17th, 2008, 11:26 AM
i rarely use my pedals (when i do it's either the bad monkey or the cool cat chorus)....i usually either go directly into one of my amphs or though my rp250 into headphones or sometimes into an amph....i have a dunlop crybaby wah and ernie ball volume pedal that i never use....

ww