PDA

View Full Version : Spudman Cause Of Gas Shortage

street music
June 7th, 2008, 08:17 AM
If Spudman keeps posting all these great guitar deals and I'm trying to not look at his post because I need GAS money, we will soon have a huge GAS shortage on our hands OR A LOT OF GUIUTARS, not sure which. I think he is a undercover agent for some of these guitar manufactures but I can't put my finger on which brands.
HELP KEEP A EYE ON HIM!:bravo: :rotflmao: :dude: :beer: :rockon:

Spudman
June 7th, 2008, 10:43 AM
I'm just trying to pass along the best deals I can find so that we all can afford G.A.S. and gas at the same time.

You have to admit though that a Squier Standard with alder body and quilt top for $135 is a pretty good excuse to splurge.:D :poke:

just strum
June 7th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Where would we be it wasn't for people like Wingsdad, Spudman, with their new guitars, Zman with those lovely white Squiers to name just a few. Then you have the people like Mudcat, DVM, and others talking about gear - amps, pedals. Then there is SVL and Warren talking about their lessons. And of course let us not forget Robert and Mark providing lessons that have helped a lot of us and because of that we are so attracted to the guitars and gear. Then we have the European connection talking about what goes on over there and what guitars and gear they are into.

What's my point? GAS creates all kinds of byproducts and entertainment. Without those posts and the excitement they generate the typical thread might go something like this:

Spudman: Man, can anyone tell me what are the best strings to use? I mean, if it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me.

Robert: I use Ernie Ball, I wouldn't consider another brand.

Spudman: Cool dude, I'll catch you next year when I'm thinking of stringing another guitar.

Just Strum: Stop it, stop it, stop it!!! I can't take another string thread. http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/ahhhhhhh.gif

the conversation you just read is true, the names have been changed to protect the innocent. Any resemblance of this conversation to ones you have encountered are highly likely if you are or were a member of another forum that will remain nameless.

To all of the people named at the beginning of this post and to all of the others - keep the GAS creators coming!!!

street music
June 7th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I just don't know how much longer I can hold off without taking that leap and Spudman will be to blame for it. I will have my wife call him and scream at him when it happens because I sure as hell don't want to listen to her while I'm trying to play a new set of strings.
G.A.S. is the leading cause of divorce in most players that choose to keep a wife. The side effects include(but not limited too) knots on the head, partial loss of hearing, missing teeth, sleeping alone, and total blindness to accumilating guitars within the house. THERE IS NO CURE, only temporary it never ends till the FAT LADY SINGS.

just strum
June 7th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I forgot the exact wording, but you are going to get yelled at if you ask to buy a new guitar and you will hear a thousand reasons why not to buy it. The same will apply if you just go and buy it. If you buy it at least you can go to your corner of the house and drown out the inevitable.

wingsdad
June 7th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I forgot the exact wording, ....
Well, since you named me among the Flatulators, how about:

'Tis better to beg for forgiveness than to seek permission.

Works for me. ;)

sumitomo
June 7th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Just remember guitars will get you through times of no GAS better than GAS will get you through times of no guitars.Sumi:D:D

just strum
June 7th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Well, since you named me among the Flatulators, how about:

'Tis better to beg for forgiveness than to seek permission.

Works for me. ;)

Bingo, that it. I just added about 25 unnecessary extra words.:thwap:

sunvalleylaw
June 7th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Well, since you named me among the Flatulators, . . . ;)

LOL!!!:rotflmao: Frrrrmmmmmpf! :D

street music
June 8th, 2008, 05:16 AM
I'm waiting for words of encouragement from SPUDMAN. INSPIRE ME!
Sometimes I just need a good excuse??????

just strum
June 8th, 2008, 06:28 AM

Because it's there.

Spudman
June 8th, 2008, 11:03 PM

Doood! You only live once. Go get what you want.

So what are you going to do at the end of your time on Earth? Are you going to say "if I only would have..."? Life is not for regrets. Besides it's not like you are really out of line. It is something that will keep you happy and at home (don't mention gigging;) ).

If your wife wants to give you a hard time after you get it just have her call me and I'll smooth everything over for you.

That better have inspired you because if it didn't I'll just have to thwack you on the skull.:D

just strum
June 8th, 2008, 11:12 PM
If your wife wants to give you a hard time after you get it just have her call me and I'll smooth everything over for you.

If you still have my number, hook me in on a conference call, I want to hear this one.:D

street music
June 9th, 2008, 04:51 AM
Now that was inspiration for sure, thanks man , I'll try to have that call placed soon.