PDA

View Full Version : Will be in hospital from tuesday on

Jimi75
June 7th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Hey folks,

Just started posting again and getting beck into FRET-groove and that my doctor comes with a bummer.

I have an infected part of skin under my left foot - doesn't look good. I knew immediately that this doesn't come from running/walking, but must be something different. Bingo, it's hereditarily and usually appears only from 40 onwards. Well, I'm early I'd say. The infection makes me stop my workout and running routine and this is very disappointing. Tuesday I have to check in in the skin chirugical hospital and stay there for infusions and mybe an operation.

This infection started getting a little bettersince yesterday, so I still hope that they send me beck home on tuesday and tell me that it's gonna be alright without a stay in the hospital.

Usually, I had free tickets for Metallica tonight at Rock Am Ring, but I'm only able to hobble and it would be a 2 hours ride to get to the festival. Will follow the gig on TV - live of course and today starts the European soccer championship....so that guarantees a good tv program for my optional hospital stay.

Friends, don't wonder if you do not hear of me from tuesday on, but until then I'm on the board of course.

Greetz
Jimi

Rabies
June 7th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Hey folks,

Just started posting again and getting beck into FRET-groove and that my doctor comes with a bummer.

I have an infected part of skin under my left foot - doesn't look good. I knew immediately that this doesn't come from running/walking, but must be something different. Bingo, it's hereditarily and usually appears only from 40 onwards. Well, I'm early I'd say. The infection makes me stop my workout and running routine and this is very disappointing. Tuesday I have to check in in the skin chirugical hospital and stay there for infusions and mybe an operation.

This infection started getting a little bettersince yesterday, so I still hope that they send me beck home on tuesday and tell me that it's gonna be alright without a stay in the hospital.

Usually, I had free tickets for Metallica tonight at Rock Am Ring, but I'm only able to hobble and it would be a 2 hours ride to get to the festival. Will follow the gig on TV - live of course and today starts the European soccer championship....so that guarantees a good tv program for my optional hospital stay.

Friends, don't wonder if you do not hear of me from tuesday on, but until then I'm on the board of course.

Greetz
Jimi

Man...that sucks. What is it, and they can make it better, yes?

Rabies
June 7th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Also sucks that you can't make it to the Metallica show...wonder what they'll do without Kirk there...:D :rotflmao: :D

luvmyshiner
June 7th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Hang in there Jimi. You have our thoughts and prayers from the Shiner household.

Algonquin
June 7th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Best to take care of these things right away!

Be nice to the lovely nurses :AOK:

Get well soon and see you when you get back.

Cheers :beer:

Robert
June 7th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Take good care of yourself. Make sure you flirt with the nurses. Hope everything goes well.

just strum
June 7th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Have a speedy recovery and when time and situation allow, send us an update on how you are doing. Needless to say everyone here will be thinking of you.

Take care.

warren0728
June 7th, 2008, 09:55 AM
sending some healing mojo your way jimi.....keep us posted....

ww

Jimi75
June 7th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks so much my friends for your replies!

Until tuesday I will be posting of course.....and yes sure I let you know wha happened in the hospital with all the nice nurses *lol*

warren0728
June 7th, 2008, 10:17 AM
es sure I let you know wha happened in the hospital with all the nice nurses *lol*
i like the way you think! :AOK:

ww

just strum
June 7th, 2008, 11:32 AM
.....and yes sure I let you know wha happened in the hospital with all the nice nurses *lol*

Of course that's what we were implying:D

Oh and stories don't mean squat without pics.

They're going to think Johnny Depp checked in, so the pics ought to be good - and if they are too racy, don't forget PM's::master:

tjcurtin1
June 7th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Jimi - sorry to hear about your medical troubles - we're all thinking of you and hoping that you get better real soon!

player
June 7th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Thanks so much my friends for your replies!

Until tuesday I will be posting of course.....and yes sure I let you know wha happened in the hospital with all the nice nurses *lol*

Ditto what JS said,oh and warren and Robert too, Thoughts away Jimi.glad you are getting a jump on whatever it is.:confused:

marnold
June 7th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Sorry to hear about this, Jimi. I hope it is only an inconvenience and a temporary one at that. I was going to make a snarky remark about having the surgery done in Thailand, but I don't think that'd be on your foot :)

sumitomo
June 7th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Your gunna do just fine Jimi your takin care of things before hand and we need ya here for your input and those great vids you post.Sumi:D

Childbride
June 7th, 2008, 05:07 PM
+1 from the Shiner household, Jimi! take care, and speedy recovery to you! :)

Brian Krashpad
June 7th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Prayers and mojo!

sunvalleylaw
June 7th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Sorry brother. I hope it clears up soon.

Tim
June 7th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Hey Jimi - It good that you are back once more. Like Robert said, flirt with the nurses and you will get more attention, unless you get Helga.

Keep a positive attitude and soon you will be back tapping that foot to some buggy blueshb.

Let us know when you back. :bravo:

mrmudcat
June 7th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Good thoughts your way!

SuperSwede
June 8th, 2008, 04:12 AM
Hoping for a quick recovery Jimi!

Take care!

street music
June 8th, 2008, 05:02 AM
Hang in there JIMI and don't let it get you down.

helliott
June 8th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Here's to your full and speedy recovery, and to lots more great blues!:beer:

duhvoodooman
June 9th, 2008, 05:15 AM
Best of luck w/that--hopefully they clear it up quickly for you and you get back to doing what you enjoy! :AOK:

bigoldron
June 9th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Good luck to you, brother! We'll definitely keep you in our prayers! :AOK:

I had a pretty serious infection in my right leg from the knee to the ankle a couple of years ago and was plenty painful. I wound up in the hospital for about 4 days and at home on the couch for another week after that. The doctor said if I'd waited another day or so before coming in, I'd probably have lost the leg.

You get the treatment you need and don't screw around. Infections can cause lots of serious problems. Hang in there! :cool:

Guitar Gal
June 9th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery Jimi :dude:

GG

warren0728
June 20th, 2008, 08:31 AM
hey jimi....see you are back posting....hope everything went well and that you are on a speedy path to recovery! :beer:

ww

Jimi75
June 21st, 2008, 02:39 AM
hey jimi....see you are back posting....hope everything went well and that you are on a speedy path to recovery! :beer:

ww

Thank for asking Warren!
Yeah I am happy to be back. They gave me a decent treatment in the hospital and my doctor's decision to put me into hospital was absolutely correct. I have to take a break from running for another 7 weeks, although this suckz I will be patient and start healthy again.

Greetz
Jimi

street music
June 21st, 2008, 06:34 AM
Jimi, time and Guitar playing will heal you up and get you back on your feet, glad you are at home and get well soon.

luvmyshiner
June 21st, 2008, 06:41 AM
Jimi, glad to hear everything went well and welcome back. We missed ya' brother.

sunvalleylaw
June 21st, 2008, 08:11 AM
Good news Jimi! Glad it went well for you.

warren0728
June 21st, 2008, 08:46 AM
glad to hear things are going to work out... :bravo: :beer:

ww

tot_Ou_tard
June 21st, 2008, 09:38 AM
Alright Jimi!!

Healing vibes coming your way chez tOt.

Katastrophe
June 21st, 2008, 12:40 PM
Good news, Jimi... I hope you recover quickly. When you're done recovering, start back slow and don't push too hard.

Oh, and play lots of guitar!:D :rockon: