PDA

View Full Version : ch, ch, ch, changes

just strum
June 7th, 2008, 04:26 PM
What a difference a two months make - it was about then us northerners were talking about the snow not surrendering, a month ago we were talking about signs of spring

Today it was about 87 degree F with 85% humidity right now.

Tomorrow it is suppose to be 92 to 95 degrees F and again start out with 80% humidity, drop to about 45% late afternoon and then begin to rise again.

Tough to work in, but easier than working in snow or more specifically 20 degree F temps.

Happy Summer everyone - Must be 200 degrees F down in Florida and Texas. :flamemad:

warren0728
June 7th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Happy Summer everyone - Must be 200 degrees F down in Florida and Texas.
feels like it....outside temp on my car today was 98 degrees....took the kids rollerskating....skated for several hours....now i can hardly walk!

ww

just strum
June 7th, 2008, 04:41 PM
feels like it....outside temp on my car today was 98 degrees....took the kids rollerskating....skated for several hours....now i can hardly walk!

ww

You're brave man Warren, a brave man. And obviously a hell of a Dad. Could you be setting yourself up for a Fathers Day guitar??? Spud posted one that the kids could pay for by washing dishes and vacuuming for three years. Really only a month, but hey, get some mileage out of it:D

warren0728
June 7th, 2008, 05:18 PM
the skating rink was indoors so at least we had air conditioning! a new guitar would make a great father's day gift but i would be just as happy with a homemade card! :bravo:

ww

just strum
June 7th, 2008, 06:04 PM
the skating rink was indoors so at least we had air conditioning! a new guitar would make a great father's day gift but i would be just as happy with a homemade card! :bravo:

ww

Maybe Spud bought a bunch of those Squiers for the father fretters here at the forum, whatta think?

warren0728
June 7th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Maybe Spud bought a bunch of those Squiers for the father fretters here at the forum, whatta think?
i like the way you think!! :AOK: :dude: :beer:

ww

Childbride
June 7th, 2008, 08:45 PM
104 today with the heat index, and it's going to get much, much worse. we had a mild winter, which always means a very bad drought/hot summer. wouldn't surprise me if we got to 115 w/o heat index by dog days [late august].

Steve206
June 7th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Just south of Sarasota, in Osprey, Florida. 90 - 92 with 80 - 90% humidity.

Got to the middle of May before I had to air condition. Once you start, you just do not stop.

But the guitars stay in tune a lot longer in the 50% humidity, that stays fairly constant for six months.

I have heard that the secret to living here is to be able to get into the pool just after breakfast and then to stay poolside, for the rest of the day.

Steve

warren0728
June 7th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I have heard that the secret to living here is to be able to get into the pool just after breakfast and then to stay poolside, for the rest of the day.
both my kids have friends spending the night and we were in the pool till almost 10pm....wore 'em out real good! :AOK:

ww

just strum
June 7th, 2008, 09:31 PM
104 today with the heat index, and it's going to get much, much worse. we had a mild winter, which always means a very bad drought/hot summer. wouldn't surprise me if we got to 115 w/o heat index by dog days [late august].

Heat Index? Sounds like an "oh, well it's hotter here..."

Well top this Texas star, it's a 190 degrees here when I sit on the grill.

I don't know, I got nothing.

Childbride
June 7th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Heat Index? Sounds like an "oh, well it's hotter here..."

Well top this Texas star, it's a 190 degrees here when I sit on the grill.

I don't know, I got nothing.

[snicker] let's just say that there are counties here that are considering outlawing peeps from smoking in their cars, b/c throwing butts could start huge grass fires that would take out everyone's ranches/houses. big winds, hot temps.

throw an egg on the top of my suv at 3 pm in another month, you have instant over easy. :D

just strum
June 7th, 2008, 10:01 PM
throw an egg on the top of my suv at 3 pm in another month, you have instant over easy. :D

Well, spread some sauce on the hood of my car and slap down a whole chicken and instant barbecued chicken.:D

Childbride
June 7th, 2008, 10:13 PM
touche'. should we start another hell's kitchen? summer style? and when the heck are you going to quit going north and start coming south?:poke:

just strum
June 7th, 2008, 10:25 PM
touche'. should we start another hell's kitchen? summer style? and when the heck are you going to quit going north and start coming south?:poke:

In about a month so I can have some of those suv over easy eggs. You know they only send me north in February and March.

We have a Marathon Battery employee back up here (he worked for us for about 20 years up here before heading to Waco) and he commented the weather makes him feel like he never left Waco.

street music
June 8th, 2008, 05:13 AM
Down hear in the Bluegrass state it was 95 yesterday, I sealed my driveway on FRiday and yesterday, then I took a long rest. It sure warmed up in a hurry.

just strum
June 8th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Sunday morning (8:35AM), going out to do battle with weeds. Right now it's 80 degrees with 80% humidity. Finally got to bed around 3:30, up at 7:30 to take the dogs out.

They modified todays high to 90 instead of 94 (thank God for cold fronts:D )

Well this is Sticky Stinky signing off until the battle with the weeds has been won.

Then it's shower and play some guitar. They are all out on the stands and ready to go.

just strum
June 8th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Well I obviously was back to posting much sooner than I thought. I started pulling some weeds and decided to cheat and filled up the sprayer tank with Roundup. I think the humidity is starting to drop and the wind is picking up, so working in the shade is tolerable. However looking out my window with the air on is even more tolerable.

warren0728
June 8th, 2008, 10:32 AM
However looking out my window with the air on is even more tolerable.
+1000 :beer: :AOK:

ww

wingsdad
June 8th, 2008, 06:14 PM
... I think the humidity is starting to drop and the wind is picking up, so working in the shade is tolerable. However looking out my window with the air on is even more tolerable.

Here in this SoCal High Desert, it hit 100 F in the shade around 2 this afternoon. But as the saying goes, 'it's a dry heat', with humidity at around 15%. No sweat. In fact, we turn on misters on the outer edges of the patio, and the desert breezes waft a nice chilled spray at us.

We had a severely dry winter & spring, so we're expecting a rugged early & long fire season. The mountains around us are golden brown. A flea could cut a wicked fart on some sagebrush and ignite a wildfire.

just strum
June 8th, 2008, 07:25 PM
We had a severely dry winter & spring, so we're expecting a rugged early & long fire season. The mountains around us are golden brown. A flea could cut a wicked fart on some sagebrush and ignite a wildfire.

Or as someone we know would say "the young punks come in and start fires or there would never be a concern" (sorry folks, inside joke about someone that is a joke)

Spudman
June 8th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I got snowed on yesterday.

just strum
June 8th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Forgot to mention this. Yesterday (Saturday) when I was cutting the lawn, I was doing the section near the side pond (see photo) and cutting along the edge on the right side of the pond (west). I keep about a three to four foot area uncut for wildlife (mostly frogs, turtles, snakes, and ducks) to have a place to hide and escape the midday sun. So as I'm cutting I'm about halfway along the length of the side when suddenly something much larger than noted in the list of wildlife, leaps from the tall grass. It looked to be a cougar or spotted leopard and it came right for my throat as a wrestled it to the ground only to find out it was a baby fawn. Okay, authors embellishment.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/House/Yard/DSC00449-1.jpg

The fawn actually jumped in the pond and started to swim to the other side. I drove the tractor through the wooded section of my property to make sure it was able to get out of the pond, but there was no fawn to be found. The pond (actually more of a bog) has an extremely soft bottom and I was concerned that it may have not gotten out.

I'm hoping it did get out and have watched out the window at dusk to see if it is wondering around in the backyard, but so far no sighting. Deer cut through the yard constantly and often we will see a group of them with their young as the young are like puppies where they chase each other , jump and fight. It's fun to watch as long as they don't hit their baseballs through the back windows. Okay, more authors embellishment, everyone know they like to play football.

That's my yard work story for the weekend.

just strum
June 8th, 2008, 11:10 PM
I got snowed on yesterday.

Out hiking this weekend?

wingsdad
June 8th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Or as someone we know would say "the young punks come in and start fires or there would never be a concern" (sorry folks, inside joke about someone that is a joke)
Good memory, Strum :beer:

just strum
June 8th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Good memory, Strum :beer:

Medication is working:D

street music
June 9th, 2008, 04:49 AM
Nice lawn there Just Strum, I walked up on fawns last week in fields while I was doing GPS work.

just strum
June 9th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Nice lawn there Just Strum, I walked up on fawns last week in fields while I was doing GPS work.

Guitar Purchasing Syndrome?:D

Spudman
June 9th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Out hiking this weekend?

Outdoor wedding.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/People/KevinandMindy043.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/People/KevinandMindy080.jpg

just strum
June 9th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I've had my share of snow, but that looks nice. What was the temp?

Spudman
June 9th, 2008, 09:11 PM
I've had my share of snow, but that looks nice. What was the temp?

Lets just say that all through dinner with 2 propane heaters going under the tent full of around 100 people you could still see your breath...every breath. Thank goodness for antifreeze.;)