PDA

View Full Version : Rythym / lead guitar

robert43
June 8th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Hi ( idont know if it goes here ) with say a 5 piece band singer , rythem , lead guitars , drums & bass.
When the bands setup ok drums at the back, singer in the middle bass on the left hand side . If both guitars are right handed witch one goes where & why.Just wondering,
Also with guitars, I all ways get them mixed up the rythem plays the licks ? while lead does the patten ? or am I wrong
Thanks

wingsdad
June 8th, 2008, 09:52 AM
...the rythem plays the licks ? while lead does the patten ?
It's the other way around.

As for setup, it's common, but not a hard & fast rule, for the bass to set up next to the drummer at the snare drum side, which will depend on whether the drummer is a righty or southpaw.

As for the guitars, no 'rule' there, except that whether right or left-handed, lead or rhythm, the ugly guy goes behind the bass amp, since it's usually the tallest piece of gear.

Since the Lead Singer will never help with setting up or tearing down & loading out, he or she belongs in the dressing room or parking lot.

;)

just strum
June 8th, 2008, 10:24 AM
It's the other way around.

As for setup, it's common, but not a hard & fast rule, for the bass to set up next to the drummer at the snare drum side, which will depend on whether the drummer is a righty or southpaw.

As for the guitars, no 'rule' there, except that whether right or left-handed, lead or rhythm, the ugly guy goes behind the bass amp, since it's usually the tallest piece of gear.

Since the Lead Singer will never help with setting up or tearing down & loading out, he or she belongs in the dressing room or parking lot.

;)

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

player
June 8th, 2008, 01:09 PM
[

Don't know about that my bands Lead Singer jumped right in with the rest of us being we all wanted to leave the scene of the crime :D
there were no rules period where players stood.we found a comfort zone and that was it.not say what is suggested is wrong,just adding another perspective of how it was back in the day

robert43
June 8th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks for that yes I could see the lead vol in the dressing room or car park. :bravo: