PDA

View Full Version : Back From Pearl Jam

just strum
June 8th, 2008, 08:40 AM
For those of us that can't make it to the periodic gathering of fretters in Texas. I give you Back From Pearl Jam

AFVlJAi3Cso

-j8ZBgz7eWg

and of course this one that has been posted at least 100 times and I would never pass it up when someone takes the time to post it. This goes out to Oldguy because I know he digs it, and Jimi and Mudcat for a speedy comeback from their ailments.

OF1kCpCl9a4

warren0728
June 8th, 2008, 08:48 AM
i would love to make the trip to texas for a pearl jam! :beer: how close is it to austin (somewhere else i would like to visit)?

ww

luvmyshiner
June 8th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Hey Warren, Pearl is not far from Austin at all. I would guess maybe an hour, hour and a half drive?

Rabies
June 8th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I saw pearl jam live a few years ago, and those clips brought back great memories of that show. Best live show I've ever been to. They are an incredibly tight live band. Sounded great! :master:

PAPPY
June 8th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Pearl is "about" 95 miles from Austin, closer if you take the backroads but probably not quicker. We would welcome you warren as well as anyone else on the Fret that might someday get the chance to make it to Pearl.

warren0728
June 8th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Hey Warren, Pearl is not far from Austin at all. I would guess maybe an hour, hour and a half drive?
cool...of course i'm a hack at the guitar and i don't have a washburn... :D :thwap: :pancake:

ww

just strum
June 8th, 2008, 09:32 AM
1) You will come back a better guitarist than when you left.

2) Shiner and CB own half the Washburn guitars in the US, I'm sure they bring more that two.

3) No Washburn, you could always sing.:D

warren0728
June 8th, 2008, 09:46 AM
) No Washburn, you could always sing.:D
you don't want that! :eek: :nono: :puke: :D

ww

just strum
June 8th, 2008, 09:47 AM

ww

Hey, if you drive, you can swing by Ohio and pick me up.:D

just strum
June 8th, 2008, 09:53 AM
I saw pearl jam live a few years ago, and those clips brought back great memories of that show. Best live show I've ever been to. They are an incredibly tight live band. Sounded great! :master:

They are a band that I just didn't "get" when they first made the national scene. I acquired a taste for them probably in the last year or two.

I think part of it at the time was a case of Eddie Vedders antics offstage that turned me off. Although possibly misinformed, I got the impression that he thought he was bigger than the band and that type of ego for me is a turn off. I got the impression that he looked at Pearl Jam as his back-up band. I no longer view it that way.

luvmyshiner
June 8th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Shiner and CB own half the Washburn guitars in the US, I'm sure they bring more that two.

:D :D :bravo: :bravo:

ww

Dude, if they can stomach me singing Margaritaville, they can handle whatever tune you want to belt out.:AOK:

stingx
June 8th, 2008, 11:39 AM
One of the few great bands left from a long gone era where music mattered and image took a back seat. These guys are all seasoned vets that are still very relevant and continue to make great music today. I've been enjoying Gossard's playing since Mother Love Bone - another great band by the way. McCready's playing just motivates me to pick up the guitar. Damn this band is great!

sunvalleylaw
June 8th, 2008, 09:11 PM
They are a band that I just didn't "get" when they first made the national scene. I acquired a taste for them probably in the last year or two.

I think part of it at the time was a case of Eddie Vedders antics offstage that turned me off. Although possibly misinformed, I got the impression that he thought he was bigger than the band and that type of ego for me is a turn off. I got the impression that he looked at Pearl Jam as his back-up band. I no longer view it that way.

Check out his artistry in the recent sound track to "Into the Wild" Good stuff. Being a Seattle guy, I think he and Kurt let the press run them a little and it ended up causing pushed buttons once in a while when it was not needed or even all that real. That is my not truly informed guess anyway. A lot of those guys misbehaved just a little back in the Grunge heyday. It was good tunes mostly as far as I was concerned though. I think Eddy has matured, based on the interview he gave with Sean Penn to Charlie Rose on PBS for the "Into the Wild" movie.

just strum
June 8th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Check out his artistry in the recent sound track to "Into the Wild" Good stuff. Being a Seattle guy, I think he and Kurt let the press run them a little and it ended up causing pushed buttons once in a while when it was not needed or even all that real. That is my not truly informed guess anyway. A lot of those guys misbehaved just a little back in the Grunge heyday. It was good tunes mostly as far as I was concerned though. I think Eddy has matured, based on the interview he gave with Sean Penn to Charlie Rose on PBS for the "Into the Wild" movie.

I'll check it out. I really like watching Eddie perform and the acoustic solo stuff on youtube shows him as being different than the press depicted him in the early years.

It's sort of like when I was younger and the press use to drag the Stones through the mud for made up stuff about marijuana busts and Keith's heroin use - oh wait, that was true - but I still listened to them and went to see them live. I think my thought was I better see them before Keith moves on, who would have known he would still be alive today (he is alive, isn't he?)

Back to PJ, I missed the connection at first, but I have a great appreciation for them today and fortunately they are still around to appreciate.

Robert
June 8th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Warren, you could always make pancakes for the band. :eek:

The Boss
June 8th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Yeah, the Jam are awesome. You know, Mike McCready must really be a tiny guy, look at him compared to that strat.