PDA

View Full Version : Slow blues beckish

cdtele
June 8th, 2008, 02:41 PM
My take on a BT that's been floating around the net for years.

http://www.chuckdaloiamusic.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/Beckish.mp3

Chuck

Algonquin
June 8th, 2008, 04:18 PM
That was an excellent post Chuck!

I really liked the vibe you had going on there... Well done!
Cheers :beer:
David

player
June 8th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Nice Chuck,seems I have heard that style of guitar playing before.
it is always good,Now if I could just put a name to whom it sounded like?
that'd be great.over the years and many recording studios,venues,other gigs,etc it could be a challenge to nail that sound/style down.
it is saved to the machine.one day I will listen to it and hopefully have an ah ha moment:thwap:

helliott
June 9th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Just got home from a long hot day, and that was just the ticket, with a wee glass of white wine. Superb, Chuck.
Are those volume swells all on the pot, or is there any pedal assist? Any other effects in that lush tone?

cdtele
June 9th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Nice Chuck,seems I have heard that style of guitar playing before.
it is always good,Now if I could just put a name to whom it sounded like?
that'd be great.over the years and many recording studios,venues,other gigs,etc it could be a challenge to nail that sound/style down.
it is saved to the machine.one day I will listen to it and hopefully have an ah ha moment:thwap:

Let me know when you get it!
I'm not playing anything original, that's for sure, but a fun track to jam with.
I quote a couple of things (volume swell licks) from Jeff Beck "Cause We Ended As Lovers" Maybe that's what you heard?

Just got home from a long hot day, and that was just the ticket, with a wee glass of white wine. Superb, Chuck.
Are those volume swells all on the pot, or is there any pedal assist? Any other effects in that lush tone?

Thanks helliot.
Volume pedal through a POD 2.0 w/ the plexi patch and some room sound and delay from the POD and I think there's a stereo delay set to 20ms and 40ms to spread it out that was on the Fostex box (VF-80)
It's been a while but I think that's it. Oh, now I remember I kicked in a dynacomp here and there. You can hear it on the transitions.
Don't ask me what I had for breakfast though :rotflmao:

Chuck

helliott
June 11th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Well, that's the difference between a pro and an amateur. I can't recall what I did to get the barely serviceable tones I manage to get, and I can't remember what I had for breakfast, either. Oh well. Keep sending out these great tracks.

oldguy
June 14th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Very nice, Chuck. Love that tune and your playing on it as well. :AOK: