PDA

View Full Version : For The Budget Tele Builder...

Bloozcat
June 9th, 2008, 06:48 AM
I got an e-mail from Rondo this weekend with this shown in it...

http://www.rondomusic.com/tlbody.html

I can't tell you anything about it beyond what Rondo lists, but I'm sure that Kurt would answer any questions via e-mail, as he's so good about doing. My major question would be about the neck pocket dimensions. Beyond that, the placement of the screws for bridge mounting, neck mounting, pickguard, strap bottons, etc., would be up to you as they are not yet drilled.

Could be a deal for someone who wants to try building a Tele, but doesn't have a lot of cash to do so...

M29
June 9th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Oh man Blooz that looks like a good deal:AOK: I wish you could see the grain patterns before you buy but shoot... 45 dollas is good anyway you look at it, especially for alder. Oh man you gotta do this stuff:thwap: I have to stop somewhere....:D Have mercy on me Blooz:rockon:

M29

ted s
June 9th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Shite ! you can't even buy a rough blank of Alder around here for $45.
Almost enough temptation for me to start it over.

Bloozcat
June 9th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Yeah, I figure that as long as the neck pocket will take a Fender neck or a clone thereof, you should be in business. Maybe a nice Daphne Blue, Surf Green, or whatever solid color your heart desires, and you'd be good to go.

M29
June 9th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I just wrote them to see what they have to say about the neck pocket.

Thanks again Blooz.

M29

Bloozcat
June 9th, 2008, 10:55 AM
You're welcome, M29...

Anything I can do to help my brother fretters spend their money on GAS...:D

M29
June 9th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I think you ment spend my gas money on GAS:D

This is the reply that I got from Kurt.

Kurt said, "It's not exactly the same as the fender size
I will take some measurments and post for you."

I don't know what Kurt ment by (post) for you. Do they have a discussion group?

M29

kiteman
June 9th, 2008, 11:57 AM
agileforums

M29
June 9th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Oh yeah thats right, thank you kiteman:AOK:

M29

M29
June 9th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Here is another. http://www.rondomusic.com/sjbbody.html

M29

sunvalleylaw
June 9th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Now that looks like a lot of fun. I wonder what neck it will take for sure. Though I always like the look of a project, but overestimate what time I have for such things. I would probably be better off buying an SX tele with the neck and wiring, etc. included and modding it to taste.

robert43
June 10th, 2008, 04:00 AM
Hi all if any you dont know but DR Parts is the same company that make SX guitar / bass.
The Dream something comany , I have used there bodys necks 1st class

Bloozcat
June 10th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Hi all if any you dont know but DR Parts is the same company that make SX guitar / bass.
The Dream something comany , I have used there bodys necks 1st class

Yeah, they're a Chinese company called Team International Music Co. Ltd. The trouble is, I don't see their parts being marketed here in the US by anybody other than as SX. I guess they're sort of like Eden, without a North American distributor.

M29
June 11th, 2008, 06:15 PM
If you check the Rondo link again they posted the sizes in the ad. Will have to get the tape measure out:D Giving this one some serious thought:rockon:

M29

robert43
June 12th, 2008, 03:47 AM
Yeah, they're a Chinese company called Team International Music Co. Ltd. The trouble is, I don't see their parts being marketed here in the US by anybody other than as SX. I guess they're sort of like Eden, without a North American distributor.
Hi thats it the Team not Dream my Bass neck is off Rondo itook 10 days from US to Australia I am happy