PDA

View Full Version : Looky what i got!!!

Childbride
June 11th, 2008, 06:58 PM
thanks to Spudman, i got a new tshirt!!! :D :bravo: :beer:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/Kimmies%20Strat/P6100013.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/Kimmies%20Strat/P6110015.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/Kimmies%20Strat/P6110017.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/Kimmies%20Strat/P6110018.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/Kimmies%20Strat/P6110019.jpg

[snicker] actually, one of my three closest friends gave me the tshirt. she said she saw it and had to buy it for me.

shiner was corrupted by Spud and just had to acquire the gitfiddle.

she has two chips in her PG but shiner says he'll replace it for me. she actually looks gorgeous and sounds great...

i know diddly squat about pups... if i had a notion to replace them at some point [right now i'm just going to play and love her] what would i replace them with?

she's a beaut. and the case is really cool. can store music books, gear, lotsa stuff can't store in my tele case.

life is good in the Shiner household!

[... :thwap: awwwww, heck. now what am i going to buy him? (sigh... alright, have to go out and go unique gitfiddle shopping again :confused: )]

just strum
June 11th, 2008, 07:03 PM
T-shirt, a coffin, and a guitar - looks nice.

sumitomo
June 11th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Thats a fine ride there.Mines expected to land friday.Sumi:D

sumitomo
June 11th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I wish I would not have signed for the e-mail updates cause they sent a pic of a really nice tele maple neck white body with a p-90 in the neck,oh I gotta stop this.Sumi:D

Guitar Gal
June 11th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Very nice CB :AOK:

Another fine addition to your family :rockon:

GG

duhvoodooman
June 11th, 2008, 07:26 PM
SUH-WEET, CB!!!

But with the way you're going, I definitely see a Les Paul in your future. Prolly your immediate future! ;)

sunvalleylaw
June 11th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Allright! Now you have a strat too!

Childbride
June 11th, 2008, 07:30 PM
darned Guitar Center sent us one of those 'government rebate' hoochies for 10% off gear in the store... i cannot go to houston... i cannot go to houston... i cannot go to houston... not even on the pretense of seeing Bodie... i cannot play an ultra or ultra ii... no... nooooooooo.... :rotflmao:

Spudman
June 11th, 2008, 07:35 PM
SUH-WEET, CB!!!

But with the way you're going, I definitely see a Les Paul in your future. Prolly your immediate future! ;)

Yup, Les Paul is going to happen for sure. It is inevitable. Resistance is futile.

ted s
June 11th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Shuwing !

luvmyshiner
June 11th, 2008, 07:51 PM
I gotta admit, this thing has really impressed me. For the price I was expecting some pretty shoddy craftsmanship, especially on the finish. I was very surprised. Like CB says there are a couple of chips on the pick guard (I didn't even notice them, she picked them up), but everything else is pretty sweet.

I figure the pups are probably crap, but it'll give me an excuse to research and install pickups and pots . . . maybe try a few different ones out . . . you know . . . to . . . um . . . give to CB as presents and stuff . . . for her new guitar?:AOK:

wingsdad
June 11th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Well, well, well-come to Stratville, y'all :bravo: :beer:

And a beauty, riding in a pimpmobile case, at that :D

The maple fretboard will....surprise you with its different feel. There's a wide-world of opinions and theories on the effect on tone & sustain it has.

As for replacing pickups? Play her through both your Shiner Family Amps for a while. If you get sounds that make you smile, then....?

Other than saying 'it works for me', I wouldn't suggest a particular pickup as a 'ya gotta get these' to anyone. What I like in my guitars with my hands & with my amp(s) may sound like crap-ola to someone else with their rig. ;)

Enjoy, CB :rockon: :)

warren0728
June 11th, 2008, 09:43 PM
yep.....tele....strat....les paul is next!! :greenguitar:

ww

Robert
June 11th, 2008, 10:11 PM
That looks like a nice 'un - congrats!
Great T-shirt too.

Danzego
June 11th, 2008, 10:21 PM
darned Guitar Center sent us one of those 'government rebate' hoochies for 10% off gear in the store... i cannot go to houston... i cannot go to houston... i cannot go to houston... not even on the pretense of seeing Bodie... i cannot play an ultra or ultra ii... no... nooooooooo.... :rotflmao:

Yeah, I got one of those, too. Had Fender not raised the price of the Blues Jr. twice in the span of a few months late last year/early this year, I would have already headed down there to get one of 'em. :confused:
I balked at the price, and instead found myself in the need (want) of a Macbook and will get put the ecnomic stimulus towards that instead.

SuperSwede
June 12th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Sweet guitar CB!

piebaldpython
June 12th, 2008, 08:02 AM
CB....nice, sweet addition to the family.....is Odyssey jealous?? :rotflmao:

As to your question of what unique guitfiddle to get SHINER????.....DUH...it's time to get the boy a reso. I'd recommend a tri-cone. :poke:

evenkeel
June 12th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Very Cool. Congrats!!!:bravo: :rockon:

Bloozcat
June 12th, 2008, 09:12 AM
That is a sweet looking guitar, CB!

That is one tempting deal on that SX Strat. Comes with the case too.

The only trepidation I would have is in the luck of the draw. You got a nicely grain matched body on yours, Childbride. I've seen pictures of others that had very bad matches.

"So, the question you have to ask yourself is: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya', punk?" :D

Murphy's whispering in my ear..."C'mon, what could go wrong?"

Steve206
June 12th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Congrats to CB,,,,

I really like the thought that went into the selection. I see more of this happening.

I see CB having to decide which axe to use in a given situation. I see Shiner out in the shed, building tube amps, with a smile on his face...

Steve

sunvalleylaw
June 12th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Wait! Shiner! Did you build her a cool rack for her guitars up on stage tonight so she can switch between songs?!! Better put an extra couple slots in there for the LP and the 335 and the . . .

luvmyshiner
June 12th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Wait! Shiner! Did you build her a cool rack for her guitars up on stage tonight so she can switch between songs?!! Better put an extra couple slots in there for the LP and the 335 and the . . .

Oh dang! I gotta build CB a bigger rack.:beer:

I started to say "CB needs a bigger rack", but I realized Strum would never let me hear the end of that one.:rotflmao:

M29
June 12th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Sweet deal CB, what a nice grain pattern and a case too. Very nice indeed:AOK:

M29

Childbride
June 12th, 2008, 05:24 PM
thanks, y'all, for all your sweet comments on my new lady. :)

Shiner is just telling BG on the phone about her.

[in Shiner's voice]

'guess what i got Kimmie for an early present'

'a ring?'

'it's Kimmie'

'a guitar?'

:rotflmao:

just strum
June 12th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Oh dang! I gotta build CB a bigger rack.:beer:

I started to say "CB needs a bigger rack", but I realized Strum would never let me hear the end of that one.:rotflmao:

What, what, what's this I hear about rack enlargement?:poke:

street music
June 12th, 2008, 05:47 PM
What I want to know is what Shiner did that he felt was so bad that he had to buy CB that beauty of a Strat??? He must have messed up somewhere, buy his way out of the dog house! I can't believe he would be so weak to do something like that, next thing you know will be one of those beer hats with the straws on both sides.

Great looking rack, I mean t-shirt.

luvmyshiner
June 12th, 2008, 05:59 PM
It's like a Papal Indulgence Street, I haven't done anything bad yet . . . but now she has to automatically forgive me the next time I screw up.:D

street music
June 12th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Isn't that like Pre-mediatation???? I really didn't think that I could that but since you aren't upset can I do it again?????
I see where Shiner could have the advantage.

just strum
June 12th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Oh the hell with Shiner, I want to hear from CB and how she likes the tone and playability of this new guitar.

Give us a little more than the test drive comments.

Childbride
June 12th, 2008, 08:21 PM
she sounds good. she sounds very good. she plays differently, and i've only had her for 48 hours, so the writer in me hasn't quite completely conceptualized the way to say how she is different.

the neck is a trip. slicker than the others, but then she's finished on the neck. i've not yet decided if that's better or not.

and her strings are not the bomb; i need to be able to play Odyssey and her side by side with good strings to accurately tell you what i think.

nice woodworking. very nice.

final report after this weekend, when i go hardcore. i will end up practicing at least 8 hours this weekend, if not more (even with Bodie home; i have a responsibility to perform). i'll let you know. :)

Brian Krashpad
June 13th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Congrats!

Those SX's are ridiculous deals. Enjoy!

Childbride
June 21st, 2008, 08:38 PM
ok, Strummy, after playing her all day, and just walking back into the 'back room' w/the comfy couch, where Shiner is currently playing her amphed, i have it.

she's the blond intern who interests you b/c you know she's brilliant and has potential. she's rough around the edges but she plays beautifully. her frets are spaced differently b/c her neck is shorter, but that just adds to her charm. you have to look at her differently, b/c you are used to looking at rosewood or some other, but all you see is her natural fretboard, her inner self.

she is intriguing. and she can sing. :)

Bloozcat
July 22nd, 2008, 01:12 PM
Well, one of my co-workers wants to buy an electric guitar for his 14 year old son. Since he doesn't know anything about guitars several other co-workers sent him to me.

My co-worker said that he wanted to get a decent guitar that his son wouldn't tire of because it was un-playable, or didn't sound good. At the same time, he wanted a guitar that didn't cost him an arm and a leg only to see his son lose interest and leave it to collect dust in the corner. Oh, and he also wanted a case for the guitar so his son wouldn't ding it up.

So, I remembered this thread and CB's beautiful SX custom that came with a case. I can't imagine a kid who has any kind of interest in playing the guitar, who wouldn't be thrilled to own one of these.

Of course, the kid will need an amp too. I have a mint condition Electar Tube 30 amp that I hardly ever play, that would be a perfect starter amp...especially with the new JJ tubes I put in it. So, it looks like my co-worker's son is going to have a very special birthday indeed.

I know I would have killed to get a set-up like this when I was 14....:cool:

scgmhawk
July 22nd, 2008, 01:40 PM
Blooz -- have them check out the Xaviere's on the GFS site too. I got mine, with shipping and a decent hard case for $239. I haven't seen the SX's up close -- but they look nice and get good reviews as well -- but can vouch for the Xaviere.

tot_Ou_tard
July 23rd, 2008, 06:07 AM
Whoa, I missed this thread CB!

That surely is a beaut.

Childbride
July 23rd, 2008, 08:25 PM
thank you, Tot... Shiner has taken quite the 'shine' to her... i think he may end up actually getting bitten with the electric bug, yet. :D

Bloozcat
July 31st, 2008, 10:22 AM
Well, the guitar my friend ordered for his son arrived here at work this morning via UPS. I don't have much time right now to "play" with it, but at first glance, I'm impressed. The flame on the neck is not quite as nice as CB's, but I was surprised that the ash body is two piece, center joined, with a nice grain match. The finish is pretty good, with a few little imperfections here and there, but nothing that I would be upset about given everything else about the guitar. The strings are slightly corroded and a little dull and lifeless. That's not a big deal, really.

Tonight I'll check the set up, and try it out through a few of my amps, including the Electar Tube 30 that will be going along with this guitar to my friend's son.

I still find it hard to believe that SX can deliver this much for the price...:AOK: