PDA

View Full Version : 30 Year Reunion

Spudman
June 11th, 2008, 07:49 PM
I'm off tomorrow to head to Montana for my 30 year high school reunion. This should be a real interesting adventure.:messedup:

Originally my band was going to reunite for the weekend and I was planning on filming it but I'm sad to say that one of the guys bailed and the band reunion isn't going to happen. :( Still, I'm taking a guitar, amp, ZYS and EX7 just in case I find someone to sit in with while I'm there.

sunvalleylaw
June 11th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Did you decide what clothes to bring? I vote the tiger stripe lycra rocker pants and headband. Shirt optional, or at least ripped open to belly button level, gold bling chains not optional. :rockon:

Have fun dude!

Spudman
June 11th, 2008, 11:42 PM
It's the Don Johnson look for me this time...maybe even a pair of Crocks.

sunvalleylaw
June 12th, 2008, 06:56 AM
You'll want to wear Crocs dude, wearing Crocks can be painful when they wake up! ;)

Katastrophe
June 12th, 2008, 07:00 AM
You'll want to wear Crocs dude, wearing Crocks can be painful when they wake up! ;)

There's only two places I can think of where a person could put their feet while wearing Crocks.

Neither one of them are good.:D

Have fun at the reunion, Spud!

Robert
June 12th, 2008, 07:22 AM
That should be an awesome adventure, Spud! What guitar and amp are you bringing?

Spudman
June 12th, 2008, 08:16 AM
That should be an awesome adventure, Spud! What guitar and amp are you bringing?

I'm taking the C30and Cherryburst Strat which is a wonderful guitar that I don't have a lot of $ into so if it gets damaged or stolen I'm not going to freak out.

ZMAN
June 12th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I attended my 25th Reunion, and had a great time. I smilled and laughed so much my face hurt. They made it a two parter with a Friday night party at a Banquet centre and then the dance was held on the Saturday night in the old school Gym. It was amazing how good the school still looked. It was very well attended and of course the music was done by a band that was still together, and had played our dances back in high school. I met a lot of old friends and I was totally surprised at how many people knew me and my brother that I did not know. We were on several of the varsity sports teams so I guess that was how they knew us.
I bet you will have a blast and enjoy the hell out of it.

Spudman
June 12th, 2008, 09:33 AM
So far there are 734 people registered for the dinner so that means that there are probably 1000 people in town for the weekend or more. It is an all 1970s reunion - 1970 thru 1979. BTW it is a very small town and my graduating class had 130.

bigoldron
June 12th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Have fun, Spudster! My 30th is next year and not really looking forward to it. Same old small town, same old bunch of buttholes, same old crap to put up with and listen too.

Guitar Gal
June 12th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Sounds like a good time Spud :rockon:

My 30 year reunion is coming up soon. Can't believe how fast time flies :thwap:

GG

Sprinter
June 13th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Have fun, Spudster! My 30th is next year and not really looking forward to it. Same old small town, same old bunch of buttholes, same old crap to put up with and listen too.

That's the reason I don't go to reunions. My 25th will be next year. I didn't like most of the people I went to school with and 24 years later I still don't.

Sprinter

Spudman
June 16th, 2008, 11:27 PM
I survived! Actually, I had an amazingly good time which I'll be telling about for the next few days.:)

The trip stared out very windy and stayed windy the whole way which was a good thing. I got the most amazing gas mileage I've ever gotten in any vehicle...raging tail wind the whole way.

Bozeman and the surrounding area got a lot of fresh snow.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/scenery/reunion003.jpg

If you look at the trees you can see how bent they are from the wind.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/scenery/reunion004.jpg

street music
June 17th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Great shots there Spud, we missed your GAS attacks and words of wisdom while you were away. More pics and stories??? How about them ole girlfriends?

tot_Ou_tard
June 17th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Spud, I was born (but not raised) in Bozeman.

Did'ja get to play music?

Spudman
June 17th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Spud, I was born (but not raised) in Bozeman.

Did'ja get to play music?

Yes I played most of the night of the banquet. Before dinner started I talked to the band briefly and told them that I had my gear with me and that I'd love to sit in. We ate dinner then after their first set I talked to them again. I ended up playing the night out with them.

I could not believe how nervous I was to get up in front of the 800 or so people that I grew up with. I would have had a beer to calm my nerves but eastern Montana has no concept of what good beer is.

I have played gigs with this band years ago. They usually went on after my band and they have been together now for 15 years. Of course at the end of the night I had the usual divorced ladies wanting to save them and make their lives perfect. It just never changes...except the older ones don't always look so good.

luvmyshiner
June 17th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Sounds very cool Spud . . . except for all the old divorced groupies.:puke:

It's hard to believe I've got my thirty year reunion coming up next year. I haven't been to any of my other reunions, and now that both of my parents have passed away I sincerely doubt I'll be going to this one. I keep wondering what happened to that 18 year old kid. I still feel like I'm 18, but when I look in the mirror . . .:messedup:

Spudman
June 17th, 2008, 09:13 AM
I keep wondering what happened to that 18 year old kid. I still feel like I'm 18, but when I look in the mirror . . .:messedup:

There were only about 5 people that hadn't really aged much (well preserved). I think I took first place in that category but I work at it. I think everyone else forgot that you can't just take your health for granted. If you haven't had a baby yet Shiner then don't. That was by far the biggest difference maker. It will destroy your figure. :D

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/People/reunion067.jpg

THe unknown comedy act. Nobody knew this guy could be so funny. We were in stitches.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/People/reunion061.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/People/reunion063.jpg

luvmyshiner
June 17th, 2008, 09:59 AM
If you haven't had a baby yet Shiner then don't. That was by far the biggest difference maker. It will destroy your figure. :D

YIKES!:eek: That would destroy my burgeoning career as a guitar ad model.:AOK:

Katastrophe
June 17th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Hey, how'd the comic get the Strat and the bass to levitate in the background like that? That's a pretty neat trick.:AOK: :D

sunvalleylaw
June 17th, 2008, 10:43 AM
I don't see the Squire and the C-30 up there. Was that shot before you joined them?

ZMAN
June 17th, 2008, 10:43 AM
I had a short career as a model. You have probably seen some of my work.
I was the third one over on the evolution scale!

Justaguyin_nc
June 17th, 2008, 11:54 AM
My gawd... look at all those OLD people!!

Spuds? Are you sure these are you classmates?

I mean... you look sooooo much Younger and better...
(*cough BullS*** cough)

Justa Kidding... glad you got to play and had Groupies of any age after!

Jimi75
June 17th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Enjoy the reunion and have yourself a great time!
I had a 10 years reunion some months ago and it felt kinda like in the movie "The Breakfast Club". It was a very special day that catapulted us all back in time.

Spudman
June 17th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I don't see the Squire and the C-30 up there. Was that shot before you joined them?

Yes. That was just before the first set which I didn't play. Afterward I was onstage the whole time so no shots of the stage from the crowd.

PAPPY
June 17th, 2008, 03:27 PM
BTW it is a very small town and my graduating class had 130.

sheech, you call that a small town?? That's more kids than were in my whole school(1st thru 12th grade) my graduating year. There were five boys and two girls in my graduating class. Glad you had a good time, I always enjoy our school reunions every three years.

just strum
June 17th, 2008, 04:34 PM
There were only about 5 people that hadn't really aged much (well preserved).

Maybe you just looked like you were in your 40's during high school and since then you haven't aged.:D

Spudman
June 18th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Maybe you just looked like you were in your 40's during high school and since then you haven't aged.:D

Could be. ;)

Normally this country is very brown by mid June. It was a real pleaure to see everything so green still.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/scenery/reunion086.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/scenery/reunion085.jpg

This is the Yellowstone River
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/scenery/reunion073.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/scenery/reunion069.jpg

SuperSwede
June 18th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Nice pics Spud!

I love that open road, I bet that you can drive really fast there :)