PDA

View Full Version : Video Lesson 6-12-08 Fingerstyle Guitar #2

mark wein
June 12th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Howdy!

Here is my second Finger picking lesson...we are learning a pattern ala "Dust in the Wind" by Kansas and applying it to the chords we used last week...

http://markweinguitarlessons.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=82&Itemid=39

I still have the Solo contest going on in my forum here:
http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forum/index.php

June 19th is the last day for entries and then voting will close on June 26th!

:)

sunvalleylaw
June 12th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Nice one again Mark. I had not learned any fingerpicking pattern other than the first one you showed last vid before. Sometime I want to get Dust in the Wind down too.

tot_Ou_tard
June 13th, 2008, 05:58 AM
I've been working on fingerpicking now that the finger I samshed in my front door has healed. The tip is still a little numb, but that doesn't seem to get in my way too much.

I'll go take a look at your vids Mark.

mark wein
June 13th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Nice one again Mark. I had not learned any fingerpicking pattern other than the first one you showed last vid before. Sometime I want to get Dust in the Wind down too.

I've been working on fingerpicking now that the finger I samshed in my front door has healed. The tip is still a little numb, but that doesn't seem to get in my way too much.

I'll go take a look at your vids Mark.

Cool!

I'm not the greatest finger picker...I nearly chopped my right hand index finger off while I was in high school working at a pizza place and I think I damaged the ligament...I've always had rudimentary skills in this department but I thought a few lessons like this would be a nice break from all the lead guitar stuff...

sunvalleylaw
June 13th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Oh, the techniques would be good for "The Boxer" as well, another I want to have mastered at some point. It will be fun to be able to experiment with more than one way of doing it.

mark wein
June 13th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Oh, the techniques would be good for "The Boxer" as well, another I want to have mastered at some point. It will be fun to be able to experiment with more than one way of doing it.

Thats whats nice about this stuff...a little bit can go a long way...:D