PDA

View Full Version : GFS new line of single coils

Duff
June 12th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Neovin is the name. Avail. on the twentieth of June. Six versions. Some of them are completely noise cancelling.

I am now thinking of getting a nice set of hot humbuckers for my Schecter Omen six.

Any suggestions?

Duffy

duhvoodooman
June 13th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Neovin is the name. Avail. on the twentieth of June. Six versions. Some of them are completely noise cancelling.

I am now thinking of getting a nice set of hot humbuckers for my Schecter Omen six.

Any suggestions?

Duffy
Yeah--don't be the first to buy them! I'd expect good results from GFS, but noiseless single coils can be rather sterile sounding. I saw these on the GFS website and they piqued my interest, too, but I want to see what the first customer reviews look like....

Brian Krashpad
June 13th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Yeah, if Gibson can't get noiseless "singles" right (P-100), I tend to be very wary of anyone else as well.

And I'm not knocking GFS at all, I have a modded Squier Strat w/GFS P-90's that I like a lot.

Bloozcat
June 13th, 2008, 08:43 AM
So far, I've used Kinman, Bill Lawrence, Joe Barden, and Lace noiseless single coil pickups and I've found them all lacking. They're not bad pickups by any means, and all offer their own particular vibe. It's just not a true single coil vibe, is all. Close in some cases, but still no cigar. Kind of like the difference between an original painting in oil, and a print. The good noiseless single coils might be like a Giclee is to art prints, but no matter how fine the copy, they'll never be quite like the originals...

Duff
June 13th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Good to know.

I'm thinking about some humbuckers for my Omen 6.

GFS probably has some good ones for humbuckers. I don't play any shred. Just blues and rock. And, I guess, some jazzish type stuff.

I like sustain, full round sound, great smooth distortion, and cleans too. Humbuckers have their own characteristics, I know, but GFS might have some great ones, I'm sure. Lots of you guys probably have a great deal of experience with their humbuckers. The Omen 6 is basswood with a maple bolt on neck, strat look.

Duffy