PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's day weekend y'all!

luvmyshiner
June 13th, 2008, 04:46 PM
The boy took the day off work and got in this afternoon, so I left work early. Hope all of the Father's out there have a great weekend and enjoy some time with the kids.

By the way R of G, any word on that new guit from your new baby?:AOK:

street music
June 13th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Back at you Shiner, enjoy the time with the son. Kodiak and I had our vacation two weekends ago and really enjoyed that time. Well wishes to all Dad's.

just strum
June 13th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Anyone getting a guitar this Father's Day? Either as a gift from someone or giving a gift to them self?

bigoldron
June 13th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Anyone getting a guitar this Father's Day? Either as a gift from someone or giving a gift to them self?

Well, I did, but I turned around and sold it. Instead, I bought myself a Seymour Duncan Hot P90 to go in my Washbrn Idol. It was OK before, but now it totally RAWKS!!! :rockon:

Happy Fathers Day to me and all the other Dads out there! :AOK: :D

just strum
June 13th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Well, I did, but I turned around and sold it. Instead, I bought myself a Seymour Duncan Hot P90 to go in my Washbrn Idol. It was OK before, but now it totally RAWKS!!! :rockon:

Happy Fathers Day to me and all the other Dads out there! :AOK: :D

PICS

bigoldron
June 13th, 2008, 07:36 PM
PICS

It's the black Idol in my avatar. I posted a couple of pics a while back when I got her. Look in the "Other Brands" forum. The new pickup looks exactly like the old one, so the wife won't know anything's different (other than sounding better!).

One of these days, I'll post some pics of all my guitfiddles. Happy Father's Day to you!

just strum
June 13th, 2008, 07:40 PM
The new pickup looks exactly like the old one, so the wife won't know anything's different (other than sounding better!).

If that works, just buy only black guitars and only take one out at a time and she won't know anything is different:D

R_of_G
June 14th, 2008, 09:42 AM
By the way R of G, any word on that new guit from your new baby?:AOK:

I'm not holding my breath or anything:rotflmao:
She has given me all kinds of inspiration to play music for her though.

helliott
June 14th, 2008, 10:15 AM
This is my first Father's Day since losing my dad a couple of months ago. If you still have yours, give him a big hug, will ya?

Childbride
June 14th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Helliott, my deepest condolences...

Happy Father's Day to all of you!

bigoldron
June 14th, 2008, 01:25 PM
This is my first Father's Day since losing my dad a couple of months ago. If you still have yours, give him a big hug, will ya?

I lost mine 3 years ago the day after Easter. I still miss him, especially on Father's Day. I won't promise you that you'll get over it, but it will get a little easier as time goes on. You'll definitely be in my prayers, brother.

Helliott's right! If your Dad is still around, take this opportunity to give him a hug and please tell him that you love him! Don't let that macho crap get in the way of doing so! God bless all the Fathers out there!

warren0728
June 15th, 2008, 08:52 AM
kids (9 & 11) are in the kitchen making me breakfast :pancake:

i'm afraid to go look in there! :eek:

ww

just strum
June 15th, 2008, 08:53 AM

ww

Kids 16 and 18 are still sleeping.

warren0728
June 15th, 2008, 09:18 AM

ww
well the kitchen survived....had a nice breakfast of eggs and toast! took a little longer to clean up than usual but it's all good!! :AOK:

ww

just strum
June 15th, 2008, 09:22 AM
well the kitchen survived....had a nice breakfast of eggs and toast! took a little longer to clean up than usual but it's all good!! :AOK:

ww

I should have come down to your house, I'm starving. I could have ate and been back here before my two wake up. Well, one has to get up for work shortly - revenge is mine.

helliott
June 15th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Yeah, mine had to work at 5 this morning. Heading out to lunch for Dad's day now. He gave me the new REM album for a gift! Cool, eh?

warren0728
June 15th, 2008, 10:48 AM
my kids gave me some really cool gifts.....

a certificate that certifies i'm "the greatest dad on earth"....

a nice card....

and coupons from both for excellent things like....

washing my car
making breakfast
cleaning their rooms
hour of free time
and more!

much better than anything that could have been bought at a store :AOK:

ww

piebaldpython
June 15th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Yeah, mine is struggling to waken as I type. Of course, the fact that Baby Cobra is still pain free, can walk and later on give me a hug is the best gift of all considering she hasn't been able to touch or be touched for the previous 4.5 years. God Bless German ingenuity for figuring out that if ya give someone massive amounts of ketamine, that it can re-boot the brain to get past the pain.
Yes, this also has a more important aspect too as some of our soldiers are coming back from Iraq with this and DUH...the government wink-winks it way right past the poor guys and gals who served for this country.

marnold
June 15th, 2008, 12:10 PM
My kids all gave me cards they made. I suppose you can count my Screamin' Demon as a gift, but that isn't in yet. Had the service this morning and then settled down to play the Civilization: Revolution demo on the PS3. They should just rename that game "crack."

Katastrophe
June 15th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Money's a bit tight this Father's day, so my wife and kids got creative.

Mrs. Kat gave me a classic rock CD full of songs that I love to listen to. It'll be standard playing for a while.

Older Kid Kat sang me a song today. She has a beautiful voice, and it made me a bit misty eyed, even through the hacking. It was a good day.:bravo:

I'm so proud of the kids, and completely happy with being a Dad.

I called my Dad and stepdad today and wished them a happy Father's Day.

Told my Dad I loved him. It was pretty cool.

Happy Father's day to all you Fretter Daddies out there!:AOK:

SuperSwede
June 15th, 2008, 02:39 PM
My kids all gave me cards they made. I suppose you can count my Screamin' Demon as a gift, but that isn't in yet. Had the service this morning and then settled down to play the Civilization: Revolution demo on the PS3. They should just rename that game "crack."

Ooohh.. I want that game for my X360!

luvmyshiner
June 15th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Well, the boy pulled out this morning, but we had a great weekend. And of course he knows his old man, he brought me a bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve, a single barrel bourbon, and a bottle of Woodford Reserve.:messedup: Shiner is a very happy man right now! We'll be grillin' some pork chops and pineapple slices a little later, and I'll be bustin' open one of those bottles.

street music
June 15th, 2008, 04:39 PM
I got a real cute card from Kodiak this morning, a lawn mowing game where dandelions just popping up all over the lawn. Later we talked on the phone and seems as though I can expect a new guitar coming to my house in the near future by way of Rondo guitars. I'm excited and happy but wish I could have had him home today.:D

sunvalleylaw
June 15th, 2008, 10:38 PM
I had a nice day at Redfish Lake. First warm day of summer, thought the lake water was not warm yet. Went for a mountain bike ride with oldest son, played at the beach with the rest, and opened a beer for me and my wife with my new Reef flip flops I got, complete with installed bottle opener in the sole. :beer:

Helliot, sorry for your loss. I called and talked a while with my Dad tonight, and gave him a verbal hug. I don't want to miss opportunities like that for sure.

Street, which Rondo?

I hope all you Dads, sons and daughters had nice Fathers' days. :)

street music
June 16th, 2008, 04:44 AM
I don't think that decision is final, I have given hints and I suggested a couple of models, I haven't ever had anything from them as of yet. This will be a surprise of sorts and Kodiak is going to bring it to me himself.

Kazz
June 16th, 2008, 05:08 AM

The D46 I got a few weeks ago was my "Father's Day" gift....