New - pups still in the wrapper.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Guitars/0f89_1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Guitars/f3c9_1.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Guitars/611c_1.jpg

Sniper Strum:D

ET335
June 13th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Congrats on the new Git Strum!!:AOK: Beautiful Guitar!!:drool:

I like the the white with maple fretboard also.

just strum
June 13th, 2008, 08:33 PM
If ZMAN posted one more pic of his, I was going to have a fit. I'm really stoked on this one.

ET335
June 13th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Yea I know what ya mean Strum. The GAS is just toooo strong:rotflmao:

sumitomo
June 13th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Nice ride Strum,I was thinking about getting one of those but settled for the strat from rondo.Let us know how you like it.Sumi:D

ted s
June 13th, 2008, 09:22 PM
well, let's hear some opinions there Stumasauras !

just strum
June 13th, 2008, 09:40 PM
well, let's hear some opinions there Stumasauras !

I haven't received it yet. When I get it, I will report back. It will ship out Monday. It should arrive here Wednesday or Thursday.

I think I got a great deal.

Robert
June 13th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Congrats. Everyone needs a strat. :AOK:

SuperSwede
June 14th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Congrats Strum!

That guitar looks delicious!

street music
June 14th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Just Strum that is a fine looking Strat, I think I have been over come by GAS, send help!

ZMAN
June 14th, 2008, 06:07 AM
I am so over those Deluxes. Now you will be seeing pictures of the Classic Vibe 50s Strat ad nauseum. I get a commision on every sale of the Deluxes. LOL

just strum
June 14th, 2008, 06:20 AM
I am so over those Deluxes. Now you will be seeing pictures of the Classic Vibe 50s Strat ad nauseum. I get a commision on every sale of the Deluxes. LOL

I'm going to have you blocked.

Oh who am I kidding. I have done so much reading on these guitars after your initial post displaying your Deluxe collection, I knew it was a wise move. This was one of the no doubters. The price for the Deluxe is one of the great "bang for the buck" guitars out there. I waited and watched for the right moment and it arrived last night.

So, thanks ZMAN.:AOK:

wingsdad
June 14th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Well, all-right :AOK: You got that white Strat you've longed for, an SSS at that, and as it turns out, it looks pretty darned good, especially for the measly Benjamin it cost you, Strum :beer: (Is this the same one you wee seeking a quick opinion on? I can't tell if it's got the 'nameless' headstock...)

I can't make out the print on the pups through the plastic, but it seems to say 'Duncan Designed'. If they are, then you really nailed a deal.

tot_Ou_tard
June 14th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Way cool Strum! Me wanty.

just strum
June 14th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Well, all-right :AOK: You got that white Strat you've longed for, an SSS at that, and as it turns out, it looks pretty darned good, especially for the measly Benjamin it cost you, Strum :beer: (Is this the same one you wee seeking a quick opinion on? I can't tell if it's got the 'nameless' headstock...)

I can't make out the print on the pups through the plastic, but it seems to say 'Duncan Designed'. If they are, then you really nailed a deal.

No, it's not the same one, I ended up buying two. I just sent the owner of the $91 a message to go ahead and ship. I was trying to get them to contact the next lowest bidder, so I could get out of it. I will probably keep it and use it as my mod training guitar. Maybe paint flowers on it, I hear there is a guy in Sweden that is making that style popular again.

This one is brand new(ish). It was delivered to a guy that changed his mind, he took it out, but kept all the protective plastic wrap on the pick guard and pups.

First I hinted to him I was interested when he had a reserve and buy it now. He told me the reserve and I decided to ride it out to see where it went. I figured if I got home for dinner early enough I would take a run at it.

When I got home the price was still at a decent level with about 1.5 hours to go. I sent a message to the owner telling him I was going to nail this one. I threw in a bid with 15 seconds to go and to my surprise it was only $10 more than the revealed bid. I ended up getting it at 39% below the price it's selling for on the Internet. Still a great deal.

After it closed I got an e-mail from the seller commenting I really called this one, congrats, wait to you see it because the photos don't do it justice and he would ship it on Monday - nice guy that provided a lot of communication while it was being auctioned.

So I sell the SG and I will have two more guitars with no or little loss of cash. I'm happy, the wife is happy and all is well.

luvmyshiner
June 14th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Wow Strum, she looks sweet!:beer: Two guits in one week? Spud better pick up a few more guitars or you'll be giving him a run for his money.

just strum
June 14th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Wow Strum, she looks sweet!:beer: Two guits in one week? Spud better pick up a few more guitars or you'll be giving him a run for his money.

I need more guitar stands. I purchased four of them for $4.00 each about a year ago, not realizing where I was headed. Maybe I will look at getting some of the wall hangers I posted early this morning.

duhvoodooman
June 14th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Very sweet looking guitar there, Strum. I'm not a big fan of white guitars in general, but that's a stunner. And I saw what the auction ended at....you thief! :nono: ;) :D

Nicely done! :AOK: More pics when it shows up, right??

just strum
June 14th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Very sweet looking guitar there, Strum. I'm not a big fan of white guitars in general, but that's a stunner. And I saw what the auction ended at....you thief! :nono: ;) :D

Nicely done! :AOK: More pics when it shows up, right??

DVM, you bet there will be pics.

I'm like you when it comes to white guitars, but something about a white Strat and a white Gretsch (Falcon) just grab my attention. I'm the same way with green guitars, the only one that grabs me is the LP that Plank still owes me.

ZMAN
June 14th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Hey guys I like to think of myself as a pretty good judge of good guitars.
When my Scottish side comes into play and I see exeptional value for your dollar I just can't keep quiet. I am more than glad to pass anything I feel is a bargain. And of course I hope you guys doe the same. I know I shouldn't do this but check out this pic of the new Classic Vibe.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-CLASSIC-VIBE-Stratocaster-50s-Electric-Guitar-?sku=519338
check out the close up shot.
I can't wait.

just strum
June 14th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Hey guys I like to think of myself as a pretty good judge of good guitars.
When my Scottish side comes into play and I see exeptional value for your dollar I just can't keep quiet. I am more than glad to pass anything I feel is a bargain. And of course I hope you guys doe the same. I know I shouldn't do this but check out this pic of the new Classic Vibe.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-CLASSIC-VIBE-Stratocaster-50s-Electric-Guitar-?sku=519338
check out the close up shot.
I can't wait.

Fortunately I'm not a sunburst fan or I would start a petition to have you banned.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/banhim.gif

Duff
June 14th, 2008, 09:12 PM
I have a really nice pearl white metallic Squire Deluxe as most of you know and it has the duncan design pups.

I was wondering what the ** the 'nameless' headstock ** is. I haven't encountered this detail as I can recall, but my memory is not what it once was. My headstock says Squire Stratocaster and Fender in small print directly under Squire. What a neat guitar.

What a nice guitar. I'm not the great guitarist that many of you are and have only been taking guitar seriously since I retired, lessons and such, and I am getting 1000 time better 1000 times faster by taking lessons as I have heard as advice before. It's true. Quality lessons taken seriously and practiced will take you places you would not have gotten to on your own for a long time, if ever. So I guess "lessons" are a mind altering experience. And they're legal.

I want to record some of my playing onto clips using my Acid software. I think I'm good enough to share some of my soul and music, even though it isn't fabulous but some might find it interesting, simple, complex, undisciplined, etc. I have been a drummer for approx. twenty years and learned from a very excellent drummer that now plays an old set of Rogers drums with a 26 inch bass. This dude has been playing since he was 11 and is 58 and plays every day. Interesting fact he shared with me a couple days ago: Fender made the old Rogers drums. I didn't know that. Anyway, my sense of timing really helps me with guitar. Half the time I don't even tap my foot because I intuitively know where I am with my time, even though I get out of time sometimes anyway, just like on the drums.

Any way I want to post some clips. I'll use my Deluxe and also my used Squire trans satin crimson mahogany body HH strat w duncan designed buckers. This thing is neat and flawless. I can't find any scratches no matter how small and w no pickguard, no belt buckle mars, no fret dirt on the maple fingerboard, even plastic on the tuners, IC05*** serial number. I think I got a new guitar for 130 dollars. I put in a trem bar and it is super sensitive. Used a teflon dental floss around the threads to remove the looseness of it so it is really sensitive with no slop.

These Squires are way better than I ever thought they would be. Reminds me of that Buffalo Springfield lyric: "There's something happening here.
What it is ain't exactly clear ... We better stop, hey, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down". Something is going on. Those Squires are getting way better and I don't think it is widely known or appreciated; it's not like Epiphone is to Gibson, yet, but it is definitely going that way. These Squires are super nice. I played that new rails one and it was really neat. I bought a new Squire II P90's, really nice, reverse noisless in middle switch position.

I'm really enthusiastic about it and congratulate you on your Squire Deluxe. Didn't you get a Squire II as well?

Duffy

Ironbird
June 14th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Congrats....that has Jimi written all over it ! enjoy er !

ZMAN
June 15th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I guess I better lay low for awhile. No more "hey little girl want some case candy" . You guys are on to me.
Ok how about this one. It looks very similar to something I have mentioned.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-George-Fullerton-50th-Anniversary-1957-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-and-Pro-Junior-Amp?sku=515900

just strum
June 15th, 2008, 02:24 PM
I guess I better lay low for awhile. No more "hey little girl want some case candy" . You guys are on to me.
Ok how about this one. It looks very similar to something I have mentioned.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-George-Fullerton-50th-Anniversary-1957-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-and-Pro-Junior-Amp?sku=515900

Apparently your definition of laying low differs from ours.:D

sunvalleylaw
June 15th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Looks great! Congrats!

scgmhawk
June 16th, 2008, 08:31 AM
I love the look of that White Deluxe! I'm still gassing for it but haven't pulled the trigger yet!

stingx
June 16th, 2008, 12:06 PM
That's HOT!

http://forums.site5.com/images/smilies/dancingparty.gif

just strum
June 16th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Can anyone define what exactly are "Duncan Designed™ Single-Coil Pickups". Are they Seymour Duncan pick-ups or some sort of name play on the make?

tot_Ou_tard
June 16th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Can anyone define what exactly are "Duncan Designed™ Single-Coil Pickups". Are they Seymour Duncan pick-ups or some sort of name play on the make?
Duncan Designed pups show up on a lot of inexpensive guitars.

I think that they are designed by those at Duncan to be similar but not-quite-as-good as Seymour Duncan's regular pups.

just strum
June 16th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Well, since I know nothing about pups, I doubt I will be making any immediate changes to the Deluxe. Since I have the other one coming (should arrive this week), I will do my experimental surgery on it. I don't want to catch the tinkering bug too.

duhvoodooman
June 16th, 2008, 06:26 PM
As I understand it, the "Designed by Duncan" p'ups are, well, designed by Duncan but not manufactured by/for them. They're made somewhere in Asia, probably China, for the guitar OEM, per Duncan design specs. And ol' Seymour gets a cut, I'm sure. Performance? I've read mixed reviews....

just strum
June 16th, 2008, 06:28 PM
As I understand it, the "Designed by Duncan" p'ups are, well, designed by Duncan but not manufactured by/for them. They're made somewhere in Asia, probably China, for the guitar OEM, per Duncan design spec. And ol' Seymour gets a cut, I'm sure. Performance? I've read mixed reviews....

Well, first I will see (hear) how I like them and then I will see (hear) of some others I might want to consider. What sounds nice to one person, doesn't necessarily sound good to another.

just strum
June 16th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I just received the tracking number, but arrival date won't be noted until later tonight.

waiting for tracking info on the other, but knowing the "prize" is on its way is comforting.

ZMAN
June 16th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Hey JS. Those duncan Design pickups are really quite good. I have quite a few Fender Strats and I am really impressed with the single coils on my Deluxes. They are every bit as noiseless as my SCNs in my 50th Ann Deluxe Strat. They are very responsive and a lot better than the Standard Alnicos in my Standard Squiers. I have a set of Tex Mex and a set of vintage noiseless in two of my other strats and I would say that the DD are very good quality. I also have a set of the DD 59, and the DD JB hummbuckers in my esprit and they are amazing. So I would not expect you to want to change these any time soon.

just strum
June 16th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Hey JS. Those duncan Design pickups are really quite good. I have quite a few Fender Strats and I am really impressed with the single coils on my Deluxes. They are every bit as noiseless as my SCNs in my 50th Ann Deluxe Strat. They are very responsive and a lot better than the Standard Alnicos in my Standard Squiers. I have a set of Tex Mex and a set of vintage noiseless in two of my other strats and I would say that the DD are very good quality. I also have a set of the DD 59, and the DD JB hummbuckers in my esprit and they are amazing. So I would not expect you to want to change these any time soon.

That's great to hear because my soldering skills would probably make Marnold look like a craftsman.

Katastrophe
June 16th, 2008, 07:58 PM
+1 to Zman on this one, Strum. I played on a Deluxe with the Duncan Designed single coils recently, and found them to sound much better than my ceramic pups that I have on my MIM.

If you like the traditional Strat sound, I think you'll like these pups. If not, GFS pups are cheap and get great reviews!

Spudman
June 16th, 2008, 11:39 PM

It does look sweet. Congratulations Strum.

ps. There is no way he'll catch up.;)

stingx
June 17th, 2008, 05:52 AM
I have Duncan Designed pups in the Diamond Series PT. They sound fantastic. In fact, I swapped them out a few times for other name brand pups and always ended up putting them back in :D They happen to be based on the JB and '59 and are coil split. I used this guitar as my main recording guitar for 3 years solely because of those pickups. The best example I have of their sound is on my soundclick page on the Stingx Does Stevie track.

I would play around with the pickup height until you find a happy middle ground of articulate clean and nice grit! That guitar is HOT...I know I already said that :rotflmao:

Katastrophe
June 17th, 2008, 06:48 AM

It'll never happen, Shiner... Spud has so many guitars unsupervised that they are now breeding.

Every so often, he'll walk in the guitar warehouse and say, "A new Ibanez? How'd THAT one get there!":AOK: :D

ZMAN
June 17th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Oh yea and that damn plastic on the pickups. I have never seen guitars with so much plastic. Of course I had to take it off 4 of them and it took me a very long time with tweezers to get all the little plastic pieces out. I must say whoever made them was making sure they didn't get any dirt or moisture in them.

just strum
June 17th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Well, it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Thanks for the good feedback on the pups.

Christmas in June - I love it.

Still no word on the other one except it was suppose to ship yesterday too.

just strum
June 18th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Arrived safely by way of the brown truck.

Sounds great, needs some adjusting of the action and definitely needs a different set of strings.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Guitars/Picture288.jpg

ted s
June 18th, 2008, 04:58 PM
deeeyam, I think I need a white deluxe !

just strum
June 18th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Just another quick note - this thing holds it's own. It sounds great, I've been running it direct to the AD30VT and also ran it through the RP350, with different types of distortion and clean, the sound is great. For $152, it was a good buy.

ZMAN
June 18th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I am sorry JS bit I must have missed something. You got a White deluxe and another guitar this week. Am I correct in that you only paid 152 dollars for the white Deluxe or am I totally confused.

just strum
June 18th, 2008, 06:09 PM
I am sorry JS bit I must have missed something. You got a White deluxe and another guitar this week. Am I correct in that you only paid 152 dollars for the white Deluxe or am I totally confused.

Yes, I purchased two guitars last week - one unknown Squier that should arrive Friday for $91 + $15 shipping (was $30, but I told the guy to reimburse me the $15 which he agreed) and then on Friday I purchased a new Deluxe for $152 + $20 shipping. The guy bought it just to check it out and then decided to sell it - still had the plastic on pick guard and pups (I just spent 30 minutes taking it off)

On Friday I will try to let everyone know what I got for $91, but I'm not expecting much.

ZMAN
June 18th, 2008, 07:22 PM
As far as I am concerned you got the second one for nothing. If you got the Deluxe for 152 plus shipping, with the plastic on it you stole it.
Now I am jealous.

Spudman
June 18th, 2008, 07:31 PM
If you got the Deluxe for 152 plus shipping, with the plastic on it you stole it.
Now I am jealous.

Me too. That is a fantastic deal that even I can appreciate. When you get a few more Strum then you wont have to buy any more because they really do start breeding. At least that's what Mrs. Spud thinks.;)

just strum
June 18th, 2008, 07:33 PM
As far as I am concerned you got the second one for nothing. If you got the Deluxe for 152 plus shipping, with the plastic on it you stole it.
Now I am jealous.

My mistake - $25 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110260521359&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=001

ZMAN
June 19th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Phew 5 dollars more for shipping! Now I feel better. YOU GOT ROBBED!

LOL.

just strum
June 21st, 2008, 02:21 PM
Phew 5 dollars more for shipping! Now I feel better. YOU GOT ROBBED!

LOL.
zman, I could kick myself in the ***, I had a 10% discount coupon I wasn't aware of (not the one for tech items), I would have been able to pay $135.

You're right, I was robbed.

just strum
June 25th, 2008, 04:50 PM
There is nothing that zman has said about these Squier Deluxe guitars that isn't true. Today I received my strings from Juststrings.com and put some 10's on and holy cow it takes it to another level. Some purist out there might look at these as toys, but I am telling you this is one impressive guitar for the money.

I might have to get a Daphne Blue one.

ZMAN
June 25th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks JS. I have taken a lot of flak for fueling Gas across this forum but all I am trying to do is turn you guys ont to a real bargain. I am sure that anyone who ponies up 249 dollars or maybe even 135 plus shipping will be very very happy with the purchase. These guitars are are not your run of the mill Squiers. They are quality professional guitars that I would not think twice about gigging.

just strum
June 29th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Duncan Designed pups show up on a lot of inexpensive guitars.

I think that they are designed by those at Duncan to be similar but not-quite-as-good as Seymour Duncan's regular pups.

Well I did find out they are Seymour Duncan SC101.

tot_Ou_tard
June 29th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Well I did find out they are Seymour Duncan SC101.
Here's a link (you've probably already seen this Strum)
http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/duncan-designed/progressive-2/sc101/

They are AlNiCo V pups rather than ceramic.

A short discussion of Duncan Designed:
http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/duncan-designed/

Nice looking strat!

just strum
June 29th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Here's a link (you've probably already seen this Strum)
http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/duncan-designed/progressive-2/sc101/

They are AlNiCo V pups rather than ceramic.

A short discussion of Duncan Designed:
http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/duncan-designed/

Thanks for the links.

Nice looking strat!

Thanks, it might be up for sale, along with the Peavey Tele and the Strat 91 (Affinity). Might even be selling two Squier Deluxe.

tot_Ou_tard
June 29th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the links.

Thanks, it might be up for sale, along with the Peavey Tele and the Strat 91 (Affinity). Might even be selling two Squier Deluxe.
Uh, oh...watch out Super Swede it looks like Strummy is trying to take your gear-turnaround trophy.

just strum
June 29th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Uh, oh...watch out Super Swede it looks like Strummy is trying to take your gear-turnaround trophy.

As long as I am going for a trophy, the AD30VT is probably for sale (probably local only) and the Digitech JAMMAN (like new).