PDA

View Full Version : Hot weather + Cold = UGGGGH!

Katastrophe
June 14th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Baby Kat came down with a virus about a week ago. Took her to the doc, and it was a virus that she had to ride out. Mrs. Kat caught it, and now I have it.

I feel awful... uggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!

Colds plus hot, near 100 degree weather suck.

Whining concluded.

just strum
June 14th, 2008, 01:51 PM
That sucks, I hate colds, but summer colds really suck. I occasionally get them in July and I feel your misery.

Get better dude!

SuperSwede
June 14th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Kat, might I recommend a glass of single malt whiskey or if you are even braver a glass of this (tastes awful but it cures most known diseases)..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f1/Gammeldansk.jpg/450px-Gammeldansk.jpg

Childbride
June 14th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Kat, you have our commiseration. the weather here has been insufferable the last couple of weeks, and being sick on top of it truly is a bummer. best to you and yours from the Shiner household! :)

Katastrophe
June 14th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Thanks, y'all. Mrs. Kat started feeling somewhat better this evening and went out for a movie with her sister. Older Kid Kat is with a friend at her birthday party, and Baby Kat was feeling good enough to run around like crazy until bedtime.

I have to wait up for Older Kid Kat to come home from the party, then it's off to bed, where I have much nose blowing and a little movie watching to do. Fun night for a Saturday!

I ended up missing the Chisholm Trail Roundup parade that they hold every year, along with the carnival that comes to town. The kids enjoy going, and I usually enjoy trying to win a prize for Mrs. Kat (translation: foolishly giving the carnies WAY too much money for an itty bitty stuffed toy), and eating my weight in good greasy food and funnel cakes.

Oh, well, this too shall pass.:)

Swede, I sure don't know if what's in that bottle will cure me, but I'd be willing to bet that after a couple of drinks I probably would care about being sick at all!:beer:

tot_Ou_tard
June 15th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Kat, might I recommend a glass of single malt whiskey or if you are even braver a glass of this (tastes awful but it cures most known diseases)..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f1/Gammeldansk.jpg/450px-Gammeldansk.jpg

Swede, you brought a bottle of foul tasting Danish whiskey named Bitter Dram to a tropical paradise?

I don't think that some pineapple juice & a little umbrella will help the taste.

Good luck to you & your's Kat: stay away from Swedes bearing "cures".

SuperSwede
June 15th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Swede, you brought a bottle of foul tasting Danish whiskey named Bitter Dram to a tropical paradise?

I don't think that some pineapple juice & a little umbrella will help the taste.

Good luck to you & your's Kat: stay away from Swedes bearing "cures".

Ah well nothing helps the taste, its very bitter tasting.
Certainly not a whiskey, but its exported worldwide so you can probably find it at most larger boozeshops.

just strum
June 15th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Are there people that enjoy it?

warren0728
June 15th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Ah well nothing helps the taste, its very bitter tasting.
Certainly not a whiskey, but its exported worldwide so you can probably find it at most larger boozeshops.
and we should look for it because.... :whatever:

ww

SuperSwede
June 15th, 2008, 02:46 PM
and we should look for it because.... :whatever:

ww

...its the cure for most known diseases!

---
Gammel Dansk is a Danish alcoholic beverage, which can be drunk in the morning with the breakfast meal. Its name translates directly from Danish as "Old Danish".
Gammel Dansk is a bitters and was originally created to become a competitor on the Danish market to other bitters such as Underberg and Fernet Branca. It is brewed with a large number of herbs and spices, making it similar to other stomach bitters, such as Peychaud's Bitters, Campari or Jägermeister. These herbs and spices include rowanberry, angelica, star aniseed, nutmeg, anise, ginger, laurel, gentian, Seville orange and cinnamon.
Gammel Dansk is produced by Danish Distillers Ltd. (De Danske Spritfabrikker A/S) in Dalby, Denmark in southeast Zealand (Sjælland).

Trivia

The father of NFL star wide receiver Lee Evans (of the Buffalo Bills) supposedly took a lucky sip of Gammel Dansk before a recent Bills win.
The development of Gammel Dansk commenced in 1961 and was lead by master blender J.K. Asmund who also worked as factory manager for Danish Distillers in Roskilde. Three years later the production of the bitter started, and it has since become one of the most recognizable strong alcoholic beverages on the Danish market.
In 2007 Danish Distillers launched a new product which, as a tribute to J.K. Asmund, was labeled Asmund Special.

Read more about Gammeldansk (the old dane) at the official site:

http://www.gammeldansk.dk/composite-58.htm