PDA

View Full Version : Fender Forum

just strum
June 14th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Does anyone know why Fender shuts down their forum every night at 10PM (mst) and reopens at 6:00AM (mst)?

I never knew of a forum that closes every night.

Gil Janus
June 14th, 2008, 11:24 PM
I'm a member over there - same name - and I've exchanged mail with the guy who runs the site - Brad - he seems to be a nice guy. The forum is just a year old this week and it appears that they might be a little under-staffed - so no over night mods. They haven't asked (as far as I know) any of the forum members to be mods.

They have had issues with spammers and young hot heads trying to trash the place - :thwap: - so I can see where they might be a little hesitant about letting folks be folks. I and other folks have sent Brad mail about abuse that we have seen - it has helped - but if none of the Fender folks are online, it could be bad. :poke:

Brad has promised to try and extend the hours once more - when they first opened, it was only open from 8 AM to 5:30 PM MST !

They have a pretty nice giveaway going right now for the 1 year anniversary - just for posting once from now till July, you might win some gear. :dude:

Gil :cool:

Robert
June 15th, 2008, 12:10 AM
I bet it is because of spam issues and fear of inappropriate posts happening.

Luckily for the Fret members, I check for spammers day and night, in order to keep this place clean!

just strum
June 15th, 2008, 12:12 AM
I bet it is because of spam issues and fear of inappropriate posts happening.

Luckily for the Fret members, I check for spammers day and night, in order to keep this place clean!

When do you sleep? Speaking of sleep, I need some.

street music
June 15th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Robert you do a great job of protecting the site.

just strum
June 15th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Yep, thefret is a 24/7 convenient store of guitars, gear, music, and good times.

Brian Krashpad
June 15th, 2008, 07:47 AM
I'm a member over there - same name - and I've exchanged mail with the guy who runs the site - Brad - he seems to be a nice guy. The forum is just a year old this week and it appears that they might be a little under-staffed - so no over night mods. They haven't asked (as far as I know) any of the forum members to be mods.

They have had issues with spammers and young hot heads trying to trash the place - :thwap: - so I can see where they might be a little hesitant about letting folks be folks. I and other folks have sent Brad mail about abuse that we have seen - it has helped - but if none of the Fender folks are online, it could be bad. :poke:

Brad has promised to try and extend the hours once more - when they first opened, it was only open from 8 AM to 5:30 PM MST !

They have a pretty nice giveaway going right now for the 1 year anniversary - just for posting once from now till July, you might win some gear. :dude:

Yeah, this is it exactly.

Brad is a good guy. I posted in the lounge over there about finding my teeny tiny photo in one of their "Fender: Make History" ads, and he asked if he could include it as a story on his blog page.

warren0728
June 15th, 2008, 08:21 AM
:master: :master: :master: you're the man robert!! :beer:

you're so busy with the fret you don't even have time to get a haircut! :poke:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/35474b78358ab34.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=121)

ww

just strum
June 15th, 2008, 08:25 AM
:master: :master: :master: you're the man robert!! :beer:

you're so busy with the fret you don't even have time to get a haircut! :poke:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/35474b78358ab34.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=121)

ww

That's not hair, those are veins.

warren0728
June 15th, 2008, 08:27 AM
That's not hair, those are veins.
now that's funny....i don't care who you are! :bravo: :rotflmao:

ww

just strum
June 21st, 2008, 03:20 PM
I just went over to the Fender site (not the forum) looking for some info and while there I found that the site is closed on weekends too.

I prefer the 24/7 set-up here. I will say that the members over there do have some nice Strats and Tele's they post pics of.

Brian Krashpad
June 23rd, 2008, 06:39 AM
I just went over to the Fender site (not the forum) looking for some info and while there I found that the site is closed on weekends too.

I prefer the 24/7 set-up here. I will say that the members over there do have some nice Strats and Tele's they post pics of.

Btw, apparently they're currently running a 1-year anniversary contest, post anything in any forum and you're entered. Iirc the prize is $300 worth of Fender gear, a gift certificate or something.

Gil Janus
June 23rd, 2008, 06:39 PM
1st prize - a Fender Stratocaster VG
2nd prize - a Fender G-DEC-30 Amp
3rd prize - $300 spending spree on the Fender online store

Not bad stuff.

just strum
June 23rd, 2008, 06:45 PM
1st prize - a Fender Stratocaster VG
2nd prize - a Fender G-DEC-30 Amp
3rd prize - $300 spending spree on the Fender online store

Not bad stuff.

Contest over - the Strat is mine.:D

Gil Janus
June 23rd, 2008, 07:02 PM
Contest over - the Strat is mine.:D

Well, I'll just have to take the G-DEC :thwap:

The rest of you will have to make due with just $300 worth of hats and amp covers :dude: :rockon: :AOK: