PDA

View Full Version : Ibanez ARC300

just strum
June 15th, 2008, 10:38 AM
I posted new pics of the guitar on my eBay ad. Rather than clutter up this section with a lot of pics, you can go to the ad and view the pics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-ARC300_W0QQitemZ250259512312QQihZ015QQcategoryZ330 37QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

street music
June 15th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Just Strum, that is another nice one, are you getting rid of all your big name brand guitars or just selling to buy more? That is a nice Ibanez.

just strum
June 15th, 2008, 12:00 PM
This is the only one for sale, the Epi was pulled back (in fact I am playing it right now). I just need some cash to pay for the two (and if I don't resist, maybe three) that are on their way.

just strum
June 17th, 2008, 06:59 PM
At times I am one of the most impatient people you will ever meet, I think it is a result of my job. Anyway, I have the guitar posted on eBay and some first timer throws down a $20 bid and there it sits. I have a number of people watching it, but no one is making a move. I want it to build up so it's in a good position for a late surge.

SOB, this is going to drive me nuts.

warren0728
June 17th, 2008, 07:04 PM
i would bump it up for you but with my luck i would win and i can't buy any guitars right now (even though it is a great looking guitar and i love my artcore jazz box)! :thwap:

ww

just strum
June 17th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Now the person just put in a bid for the same amount, so it still sits at $20. I wonder if he raises his or her max, it will show as a second bid? Spud if that's you goofing around, knock it off.

Rocket
June 17th, 2008, 09:24 PM
At times I am one of the most impatient people you will ever meet, I think it is a result of my job.
At times???
I always thought it might be a result of ADHD... take yer meds!

duhvoodooman
June 18th, 2008, 10:41 AM
At times I am one of the most impatient people you will ever meet, I think it is a result of my job. Anyway, I have the guitar posted on eBay and some first timer throws down a $20 bid and there it sits. I have a number of people watching it, but no one is making a move. I want it to build up so it's in a good position for a late surge.

SOB, this is going to drive me nuts.
Take a chill pill, Strum. Many smart/experienced bidders have learned that last minute "snipe" bidding tends to be the most effective strategy and also keeps them from getting into testosterone-fueled bidding wars. And there are many automated snipe bidding tools out there for bidders to use, making it very easy to do. Consequently, about 90% of the action often seems to happen in the last few minutes, esp. the last 10 seconds of an auction. So as long as you have your reserve set, I wouldn't even look at the freakin' thing again until the auction ends. Why drive yourself nuts with anxiety/frustration? Doesn't change the outcome!!

just strum
June 18th, 2008, 10:54 AM
At times???
I always thought it might be a result of ADHD... take yer meds!

Ah, words of wisdom. It is an infliction I've had my entire life and meds only mask it.

just strum
July 26th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Since the day this guitar left the house, I regretted ever selling it. Now there is one on eBay in mint condition and I relinquished my membership after all the crap about money owed me and unauthorized withdrawal.

The decision will save me money, but it's moments like this that are difficult. Hopefully it will become an active auction by tomorrow and the higher price will ease the pain.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-ARC300--Mint-Condition-----_W0QQitemZ260266906040QQcmdZViewItem?IMSfp=TL08072 51110r13376#ebayphotohosting

wingsdad
July 26th, 2008, 05:56 PM
I shot this pic of a real one (that sleeze-bay listing just has the stock photo?)at my Local GAS station a couple of weeks ago.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/wingsdad/ARC300atROB0703082.jpg

No, it's not mine that I traded. I was there earlier today, but I didn't look at the guitar wall (for a change) to see if it's still there.

just strum
July 26th, 2008, 06:37 PM
I shot this pic of a real one (that sleeze-bay listing just has the stock photo?)at my Local GAS station a couple of weeks ago.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/wingsdad/ARC300atROB0703082.jpg

No, it's not mine that I traded. I was there earlier today, but I didn't look at the guitar wall (for a change) to see if it's still there.

Oh, that helps things a lot. Of all the guitars I sold I miss this one the most. That includes all of the acoustics, the Epi SG, Squier Deluxe, and ones I don't miss because I obviously forgot about them.

I've been looking for a used ARC100 or ART100, but haven't stumbled on to anything.

warren0728
July 26th, 2008, 06:40 PM
still no bids.... :poke:

ww

just strum
July 26th, 2008, 06:54 PM
still no bids.... :poke:

ww

I have heartburn about that shipping charge.

warren0728
July 26th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I have heartburn about that shipping charge.
yeah....but the 6 picks he's including makes up for it! :rotflmao:

ww

stingx
July 26th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Since the day this guitar left the house, I regretted ever selling it. Now there is one on eBay in mint condition and I relinquished my membership after all the crap about money owed me and unauthorized withdrawal.

The decision will save me money, but it's moments like this that are difficult. Hopefully it will become an active auction by tomorrow and the higher price will ease the pain.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-ARC300--Mint-Condition-----_W0QQitemZ260266906040QQcmdZViewItem?IMSfp=TL08072 51110r13376#ebayphotohosting

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-ARC300-Mint-Condition_W0QQitemZ260266906040QQihZ016QQcategoryZ 33043QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

20 hours to go only $199.

just strum
July 26th, 2008, 07:15 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-ARC300-Mint-Condition_W0QQitemZ260266906040QQihZ016QQcategoryZ 33043QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

20 hours to go only $199.

Can't eBay or PayPal, makes the resistance a lot easier.

Katastrophe
July 26th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I wondered why you let that guitar go, man. It was a beauty, and Ibanez doesn't make 'em anymore.

Have you searched on Craigslist? That would solve the 'Bay problem.

just strum
July 27th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I wondered why you let that guitar go, man. It was a beauty, and Ibanez doesn't make 'em anymore.

Have you searched on Craigslist? That would solve the 'Bay problem.

No, haven't done the Craiglist route. I have to resist temptation. If one falls into my lap locally, I will consider it.

They are not the easiest guitar to locate. I was surprised when I saw two on eBay.

I want to avoid shipping cost, to me it is a non-value added cost that just seems to irritate the crap out of me. If shipping is offset by no tax because of purchasing out of state, that's fine. However, when I see someone on eBay charge $55 for shipping - that's profit. One of my disputes right now with eBay/PayPal is a shipment overcharge that I was told would be reimbursed.

Kazz
July 28th, 2008, 04:39 AM
be very careful with Craigslist....full of scammers....419 style and lots of fraudulent check and paypal payment attempts.

I put several items up on Craigslist last week...and EVERY response I got was fake.