PDA

View Full Version : Mother Nature on Father's Day

just strum
June 15th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I think this is the fawn I startled the other day. The mother has been hanging around for about a week and for the last two days they emerge from the woods out back.

I know you can't make them out, but this is them walking away from the pond after having a drink of water. They are right in the center from side to side on the far side of the pond.

I just happened to look out the window and spotted them.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Picture285.jpg

ted s
June 15th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Strum, is that your back or front yard ? Either way, you fortunate bastage ! :AOK: ;)

warren0728
June 15th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Either way, you fortunate bastage ! :AOK: ;)
+1000....i would love to have a house on some property....maybe with a lake or pond....but i'll be in this condo for the next year...

ww

just strum
June 15th, 2008, 03:58 PM
It's part of the backyard, taken from the upstairs window. Right behind the first row a trees there is a road and on the other side of the road is where the Chief of Police lives. He just shot and killed a guy while he was arresting him for rape of the guys niece. I use to hit my golf balls into his yard, not any more.

luvmyshiner
June 15th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I use to hit my golf balls into his yard, not any more.

Wise decision Strummy! It's a beautiful picture and I can see the deer just fine.

street music
June 15th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Nice shot there Strum, the wife has been watching our yard for fawns but she hasn't seen any yet. I did shoot a coyote coming after her cat the other morning. We have a good assortment of wildlife around the hills behind our home. Do you fish in your ponds we much? Looks very relaxing.

just strum
June 15th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Nice shot there Strum, the wife has been watching our yard for fawns but she hasn't seen any yet. I did shoot a coyote coming after her cat the other morning. We have a good assortment of wildlife around the hills behind our home. Do you fish in your ponds we much? Looks very relaxing.

We have a coyote or two, but I leave them alone because they go after the young Canada Geese.

My son and his buddies fish it sometimes. It was loaded with sun fish, but about two years ago we stocked it with stripe bass and they have thinned out the sun fish.

There is a huge snapping turtle in that pond that comes out to go over to the pond that is out of the picture on the right. I can figure what she is eating because we have a three legged painted turtle and a one legged goose.:D

Right behind the police chiefs house where you see the larger trees is Tinkers Creek State Park. If you go down the road to the right (west) there is a huge eagles nest up in a tree in the wetlands area. Everyday there are people with their binoculars watching for the eagle.

We moved here so my kids could have some room to play and my son could be around nature. Today he is a Zoology major at Kent State and currently works at a veterinarian clinic part time.

I guess I got into a blah, blah, blah moment.http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/blah-1.gif