PDA

View Full Version : Who likes the Blue Collar Comedy guys?

Robert
June 15th, 2008, 10:16 PM
I think these guys are hilarious. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Collar_Comedy_Tour

It would be a blast to seem them live. I just watched them on TV tonight.

Anyone else here enjoy these guys? Larry the Cable Guy is the best (or the stupidiest?). I bet he's a real smart guy in reality though. Bill Engvall's "Here's Your Sign" stuff is pretty awesome too.

I have a feeling, this type of comedy isn't manifactured anywhere outside the (southern) US ... ;)

warren0728
June 15th, 2008, 10:47 PM
larry the cable guy used to be on a local radio show here before he "made it"....still has a lot of property here....

as for the blue comedy tour ron white is my favorite! :bravo:

ww

bigoldron
June 16th, 2008, 07:31 AM
I like them all! Some days, I think Engvall's the funniest, sometimes it's White, etc., etc., just depends what mood I'm in. I enjoy watching them, but the wife's not thrilled with Larry or Ron and you certainly can't have kids in the room. But you're right, only good ole boys could come up with some of the mess that they do. What's funniest to me is that a lot of what and who they're talking about sounds scarily way too familiar. Not only do I know people like that, but I'm kin to most of 'em! Been guilty of some of the stuff myself! :rotflmao:

luvmyshiner
June 16th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Yeah, I gotta admit I like 'em. And I also have to agree with Robert (even though I hate to:poke: ), this stuff comes straight from the South. That's part of what makes them so funny. I can't watch a show without saying "I did that once" or "I know someone who did that once" at some point.:rotflmao:

marnold
June 16th, 2008, 07:59 AM
"Mah sester is covered wit' moles."

I probably enjoy them far more than a well-educated Northerner should. Conversely, I know they make a lot of self-important people cringe, which is all the more reason to like them.

Robert
June 16th, 2008, 08:01 AM
If you ever used a barstool for a walker...
You might be a redneck.

They are making fun of themselves, which takes some gut. That's why I like them.

Katastrophe
June 16th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Larry's "Git 'er done" is pretty much part of the local lexicon here.

My favorite line from Ron "Tater Salad" White:

Police officer: Mr. White, we are charging you with Drunk In Public.

Tater: I was drunk in a bar - they THREW me into "Public!":thwap: :rotflmao:

It just goes to show you, that Redneck is Universal, and crosses all boundaries!

helliott
June 16th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Like 'em a lot. But you can OD on them. We were at a cottage last summer and the weather was iffy, so the hosts threw on the rednecks on tour dvd -- repeatedly. It's funny, but kinda grates after the fourth or fifth playing. Then again, what doesn't (SRV and Hendrix exempted).

TS808
June 16th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Those guys are great, and they all bring something different to comedy. Larry the Cable Guy has his crude humor, Engvall with his "here's your sign", Foxworthy is funnier now than he ever was, but my favorite by far is Ron White. His dry, sarcastic humor cracks me up every time.