PDA

View Full Version : HALP! My kid is destined for computer work.

Katastrophe
June 17th, 2008, 07:06 PM
My child has somehow pressed Control + something and shrunk the type on my screen. How do I fix it and bring the type back to normal?

ted s
June 17th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Looks fine here..:poke:

warren0728
June 17th, 2008, 07:13 PM
maybe "control - something".... (or get a mac :rotflmao: )

ww

sunvalleylaw
June 17th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Go up to the menu in whatever program it is and change it from the menu? I am not very good with keystroke commands.

just strum
June 17th, 2008, 07:23 PM
If it shrunk everything (like the icons on your desktop)

Go to Control Panel>display>settings>and then move the arrow on screen resolution until you find what you want.

luvmyshiner
June 17th, 2008, 07:25 PM
If it shrunk the type, she probably pressed control - , try pressing control + until it returns to normal.

Or you can just close out your internet browser and restart it, it should return to normal.

Katastrophe
June 17th, 2008, 07:33 PM
I appreciate it... Restarting fixed it.

Once, she managed to turn my display sideways, and I had a sore neck for about an hour and a half until I figured out how to fix it.

Ted, Warren... thanks for making me laugh. :D

just strum
June 17th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I appreciate it... Restarting fixed it.

Once, she managed to turn my display sideways, and I had a sore neck for about an hour and a half until I figured out how to fix it.

Ted, Warren... thanks for making me laugh. :D

Ahhh, I forgot the standard fix - reboot. That's what our IS guys do 95% of the time.

WackyT
June 17th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Ctrl + mouse scroll wheel changes the font size.

ted s
June 17th, 2008, 08:16 PM
When buddies at work leave there machines unattended (fools !) sometimes mysteriously the mouse buttons become reversed, strange !?

just strum
June 17th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Ctrl + mouse scroll wheel changes the font size.

THAT'S IT!!!!

I hit ctrl+every letter key. I did find out you can do a lot of things I wasn't aware of with ctrl