PDA

View Full Version : Got a new toy and it's not a gun ....

Robert
June 18th, 2008, 05:05 PM
No, it's not a gun! :D

It's a camera. One of these http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse410/

Olympus Evolt E-410 - a nice digital SLR - my first! :rockon:

I just snagged it on eBay last night in the last minute. Will have it on Monday. I'll be taking lots of pictures of my guitar gear with this baby! :AOK:

Justaguyin_nc
June 18th, 2008, 05:41 PM
can u really call a camera a toy?

do you realize how many lives camera's have destroyed?

:poke:

:bravo: congrats...

The woman got a 10mp Kodak a few weeks back..
My eyes just aint that good..I don't see the difference
between the old 6mp and 10mp.. but she says there is..

Algonquin
June 18th, 2008, 06:36 PM
I don't see the difference
between the old 6mp and 10mp.. but she says there is..
For general usage, I don't think you could tell the differnce. I got my daughter a 6.1 mp Canon for Christmas and the Mrs an 8.1 Canon for Mother's day.... impossible to tell the difference in a 4x6 print.

A digital SLR though... that's a whole other beast.

Camera's are great! Enjoy :AOK:

Tone E
June 18th, 2008, 06:56 PM
It would be near impossible to tell the difference between say a 6 and 8 mp camera at less than 8x12 or even bigger. Remeber not to make the mistake of thinking that megapixels are in any way related to image quality. Megapixels are related to size only. The image processor and the lens are the factors which affect quality not how big the image is.

Olympus have been doing nice things with their DSLRs. I used to sell them and I remember when we got some of the first ones in, we were very impressed. The only problem I have with them is fact that the lenses are harder to get hold of and generally slightly more expensive for the same reason than say a high end canon lens.

I have no need for a DSLR but my last two cameras have both been Olympus and I have been very happy with both. They make quality stuff.

Bloozcat
June 18th, 2008, 07:46 PM
But, it does "shoot", right Robert?

just strum
June 18th, 2008, 07:48 PM
But, it does "shoot", right Robert?

or click?

Robert
June 18th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Sure it does. It takes lethal pictures.

marnold
June 18th, 2008, 08:37 PM
It would be near impossible to tell the difference between say a 6 and 8 mp camera at less than 8x12 or even bigger. Remeber not to make the mistake of thinking that megapixels are in any way related to image quality. Megapixels are related to size only. The image processor and the lens are the factors which affect quality not how big the image is.
Exactly. If you only increase megapixels (cheap marketing ploy: more = better, right?) but don't improve the lens, you only add noise to the image. That's what Canon did with the camera I got. It's an A80 which is sweet. The next year's model just increased megapixels and its formerly great image quality suffered.

Tone2TheBone
June 18th, 2008, 10:26 PM
So let's see some violently graphic shots of all your sharp axes wit da deadly Evolt dude. Bam bam bam...I mean click click click. :)

markb
June 19th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Not that I'm a luddite or anything like that but the last camera I bought is on the left of this group shot

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3137/2591530805_a466e6f85c.jpg

Here's a picture from it.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1091/1427604655_73a2d7c056.jpg

sunvalleylaw
June 19th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Congrats Robert! Markb, I love b/w photography. Nice camera and shot.