PDA

View Full Version : Mountain running

Robert
June 19th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I am going to the Rockies tomorrow to run this fantastic relay - www.k100-relay.ca - it's a blast. We'll be tenting and tell fantastic lies around the campfire. :bravo:

Be on your best behaviour while I'm gone! :D

Oh, and my new camera might be delivered by the mailman before I go! That would be swell. :pancake:

warren0728
June 19th, 2008, 05:25 PM
run....robert....run....

ww

luvmyshiner
June 19th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Run like the wind!

Are you taking a guitar to play around the campfire?

street music
June 19th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Be safe and run like ROADRUNNER!

Katastrophe
June 19th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Well gee, Robert, now you've done it. You went and TOLD everybody that you were gonna be away.

Now how in the H-E-double hockey sticks are we gonna be able to keep Shiner from running amok?

It'll be Neked Tractor Guy all over the place. Multiple threads about Shatner and The Carpenters. Next thing you know, he'll be comparing himself to a photo of David Hasselhoff in a Speedo, complete with a reference to an "inverted nipple.":thwap:

And since he was encouraged with the last photographic endeavor, he'll probably want to try and "sell" everything in the house on the 'Bay, complete with household items sticking out from God knows where, all documented for, *ahem* posterity.

Anarchy will reign and the system will begin to break down.

Have a great time at the relay, and don't worry about a thing. I'm sure the Mods can keep us running smoothly until you get back...:D

Jimi75
June 20th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Wow Robert. I really "envy" you. Enjoy the run and good luck!

I have to pause running for 8 weeks after my stay in the hospital. Still 7 weeks to go :whatever:

luvmyshiner
June 20th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Well gee, Robert, now you've done it. You went and TOLD everybody that you were gonna be away.

Now how in the H-E-double hockey sticks are we gonna be able to keep Shiner from running amok?

It'll be Neked Tractor Guy all over the place. Multiple threads about Shatner and The Carpenters. Next thing you know, he'll be comparing himself to a photo of David Hasselhoff in a Speedo, complete with a reference to an "inverted nipple.":thwap:

And since he was encouraged with the last photographic endeavor, he'll probably want to try and "sell" everything in the house on the 'Bay, complete with household items sticking out from God knows where, all documented for, *ahem* posterity.

Anarchy will reign and the system will begin to break down.

Have a great time at the relay, and don't worry about a thing. I'm sure the Mods can keep us running smoothly until you get back...:D

Dang Kat, I hadn't even thought about that. WOOHOO, it's gonna be a great weekend.:D :D

sunvalleylaw
June 20th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Not so fast Shiner, I showed the Judge your pics from this week and he is already issuing the writ of mandamus and restraining order as we speak. ;) :rotflmao:

Robert, you are not going to find any swells where you are, those are at the beach. Have a beautiful run anyhow. I am sure it will be fun. Is it the same one as the one you posted pics of last year? That was gorgeous. If your Rockies are anything like ours this year, there will be a lot more snow on the mountains to look at. :AOK: On my Thurs. night mtn. bike ride I go on last night, the combination of greener than normal hills, way more than usual wildflowers and much larger snow fields in the distance made for an almost unreal beauty. Enjoy!

luvmyshiner
June 20th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Not so fast Shiner, I showed the Judge your pics from this week and he is already issuing the writ of mandamus and restraining order as we speak. ;) :rotflmao:

Damn, once again my evil plans are thwarted by another restraining order.:reallymad:

sunvalleylaw
June 20th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Well, you must admit the judge had plenty of reason to grant the relief, given the equities. ;)

Ok, enough silly lawyer humor from me. Someone is going to slap a writ and restraining order on me soon :beer:

Spudman
June 20th, 2008, 08:05 AM

I want to see this.:) It should be good considering everyone from his planet has 6 inverted nipples.

sunvalleylaw
June 21st, 2008, 10:41 AM
I wonder how our own Forrest Renman is doing today?

wA1_aw2wAYI&feature=related

Robert
June 23rd, 2008, 10:28 AM
We had a great time. What a great race this is! We placed 3rd in our category, and the experience of running in Kananaskis is fantastic.

It got really hot in the afternoon, and one of our runners (an older guy) nearly collapsed. Quite scary to watch.

Now for the sad news - a 64-year old doctor ran his leg and came to exchange zone, smiled and fell over and died instantly of a heart attack. My wife and daughter were standing right there when it happened. It's the first time ever a death has happened in this race. It's a reminder for everyone to be in good shape before you take on a demanding task such as this.

I'll post some pictures later. I just got my new camera before we left, so I took lots of photos.

Spudman
June 23rd, 2008, 10:32 AM
It was a toasty weekend in the States too. Glad to hear you survived.
Even though it may seem tragic about the guy dying I still applaud going out doing what it is that you want to be doing.
I can't wait to see some of the photos of the area.

warren0728
June 23rd, 2008, 11:31 AM
glad you did well robert....too bad about the other guy,,,but you said the key thing...he smiled and then died...he was doing what he loved when his time came....can't ask for much more than that!

ww

piebaldpython
June 23rd, 2008, 01:48 PM
God bless ya Robert for all the running that you do. The only thing I run to is the bathroom!! :rotflmao: Seriously though, I can't run for the sake of running as my ankles, knees and lower back act up. Now, if I'm playing ball (usually racquetball), then running is NO problem. Go figure. aha

street music
June 23rd, 2008, 03:23 PM
Sorry, the guy died but like others said, he was enjoying himself and I bet he will be running for a long time now. I'm glad you did well Robert and looking forward to the pics.