PDA

View Full Version : Steve Miller Band anyone?

johnmusic88
June 20th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Does anybody here like classic rock? Anyone like Steve Miller Band? Steve Miller Band is a great classic rock band. I got into them when I was a freshman in high school and I haven't been able to stop listening to them since. I was looking them up a few weeks ago and came across their website, www.stevemillerband.com, that talked about the fact that they have a newly released DVD called Live from Chicago. I got it and think it's great. If you guys like classic rock and their songs like Fly like an Eagle and The Joker, I'm sure you guys will like their DVD. I highly recommend checking it out, let me know what you guys think.

- john umgd

Steve206
June 20th, 2008, 04:46 PM
I still remember the album, "Children of the Future". Not sure, but think it may have been their first. One of those albums with a theme that were popular back then.

Have not heard anything from it in a long, long time. Might have to youtube it.

Steve

Algonquin
June 20th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Steve Miller Band - Greatest Hits 1974-1978...

Loved it when I had it on vinyl (still have it), and bought it on CD the first chance I could :AOK:

Bloozcat
June 20th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I was a big Steve Miller Band fan back in the old days, as in the first five albums plus Anthology, pre-Fly Like An Eagle days. IMHO, they went commercial with Fly Like An Eagle, with the album being played all over the commercial top 40 stations. To me that marked the point where they started sounding like an imitation of their former selves. I had a real aversion to commercial radio coming from the era of underground radio where all the great bands came up.

Number 5 and The Sailor album (later re-named Livin In The USA after the commercial frenzy) are still my favorites.