PDA

View Full Version : Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Algonquin
June 20th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I picked up a Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner last week. I've wanted a new tuner for quite a while now, as I've been using a 20+ year Justina handheld unit. I've always liked Boss pedals and have had good luck with them. The Boss has the ability to power other pedals, so I'm putting into my little 6 pack Boss pedal board replacing my current power supply.

It really is nice to now be able to step over to the board and tune without having to unplug, tune, then plug in again. Pretty easy pedal to use... quick and accurate. It's nice when you want to switch guitars too, I just step on it to bypass the signal to the amp, then switch away :AOK:

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=122

ET335
June 20th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Very nice Pedal Algonquin....I need one of those also and glad to here it works well for you.

you said that you were going to replace your power supply that you were using with just the TU2 to power all your other pedals,but I am pretty sure you still have to have a power supply to power the tuner then daisy chain to your other pedals...maybe I read this wrong?

Algonquin
June 21st, 2008, 06:41 AM
You're are absolutely right ET335. Want I meant was I'll be replacing my PSM-5 Power Supply Pedal with the TU-2... :thwap: This will allow me to have other 5 effects, intead of the Power Pedal, Tuner, and 4 other effects on my board.
http://www.clavedesol.com.ar/boss/imagenes%20boss/estuche_para_pedales_boss.jpg

The PSM-5 has a power adaptor which I'll now plug into the Tuner, then daisy chain power the rest of my pedals in my BCB-6 pedal case. The TU-2 has both power connections (in/out) on the back of the unit, where the PSM-5 had the power input on the top, and the output on the back. I'll have to make a small mod on the case for both cables on the back.

SuperSwede
June 21st, 2008, 07:48 AM
Nice catch Algonquin!

emptysea
July 9th, 2008, 05:35 PM
very useful for a live situation

Robert
July 9th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Good fishin', Al, although I think the Korg pitchblack will get you more babes.