PDA

View Full Version : Whitesnake - Good To Be Bad

Spudman
June 21st, 2008, 06:29 PM
The new album from Whitesnake is sure to please all the guitar players and rockers on thefret.
I've been enthralled since I first put it on.

Heavy - bluesy - sultry - diverse.

C2X8ub_1pSs

qp_uV83bwuQ

In short a great album.

just strum
June 21st, 2008, 06:44 PM
This is another one of those bands that I didn't care for when they were the MTV hit, but now at the very least I have a good appreciation for them as musicians.

You posted some good examples.

street music
June 21st, 2008, 06:45 PM
Hey Spud, good find on that. I have always like the early stuff they did and this is right in there with that, kind of reminds me of some Deep Purple sounds.

marnold
June 21st, 2008, 06:54 PM
Man, I like both of those tracks a lot! With both Doug Aldrich and Reb Beach on guitars there should be some serious guitar pyrotechnics on there. Hmm, I may have to hit up the Amazon MP3 store . . .

R.B. Huckleberry
June 21st, 2008, 07:41 PM
It's a stellar album, from back to front. If you don't have it...get it. If you have it...then you know what I am talking about.

Spudman
June 21st, 2008, 10:05 PM
It's a stellar album, from back to front. If you don't have it...get it. If you have it...then you know what I am talking about.

+1 What he said.

You posted some good examples.

The whole album is like that. I could have posted any song. What an a** kicking album.:dude:

SuperSwede
June 22nd, 2008, 01:51 AM
Whoa that sounds really cool.. I gotta get the new album.

marnold
June 24th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Well, I snagged it at the local Beast Buy yesterday. I've listened to all but one track (can only listen in the van right now since we're on vacation). Coverdale's voice has gotten raspier with age, but it's only really noticable on the slower tracks. It reminds me of a more modern "Slide It In."