PDA

View Full Version : Why Do They Seem To Sound Better When They are Sold

just strum
June 21st, 2008, 10:02 PM
I just played the ARC300 and the SG prior to boxing them up tomorrow and they sound so good. I think the 300 bothers me the most and I will probably end up buying another some day, but maybe locate a 100 at less cost.

A final shot of all of the guitars as of 6/22/08 here on the right side of the US.

In about 15 minutes the ARC300 will be sold.

fortunately I already have something lined up that will be perfect for my 10x11 room and give a little lift to losing a couple of guitars. I don't know how people buy and sell so rapidly and not grow attached.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Guitars/Picture298.jpg

tot_Ou_tard
June 22nd, 2008, 06:47 AM
It's probably common to play one last screaming solo on a guitar before packing it up. The guy I bought my Radiator from said he did the same thing. It's happier at my house than it was at his ;).

Maybe the guitar decided that you didn't love it enough & decided to move on.

Gear will ramble ;).

ZMAN
June 22nd, 2008, 08:16 AM
They can sense the impending move! I agree 100%. In light of my recent purchases I thought I might cull the herd and move a couple of the guitars I don't play as much. So I pull a couple of them out and plug them in. They sound and feel so nice I realize why I bought them. So back they go and I rethink the plan. OK really all I need is more storage space so I clean out the spare rooms closet and viola, they are all happily stored.

just strum
June 22nd, 2008, 08:35 AM
So that's the trick, just make more room - I'll have to remember that.

I'm down to one with the HH set-up. I'm going to be on the lookout for an ARC100 (same as the 300, but in a less expensive wrapper).

I have activity on the drums which isn't bad for "local pick-up only" and 4.5 days to go. Hey, sell drums = more room.:AOK:

Bloozcat
June 24th, 2008, 07:19 AM
You'll always miss those guitars, strum....

It's like that favorite dog you had as a kid, or your favorite baseball glove, or your first car...

I still miss the '66 Strat and the '74 Hagstrom Swede that I sold over twenty years ago. I've actually had dreams where they somehow, magically re-appear in my possession.

Attachments are powerful things...:cry:

duhvoodooman
June 24th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Not to be preachy, but since you asked--IMO, your mistake is in playing the guitar after it's sold! :nono: Nothing good can come from that--just "Did I do the right thing?" questions and regrets. The time to wrestle with those things is before the guitar (or amp, or pedal, or whatever) is offered for sale. Once it's sold, what's done is done. Wrap it up & stick it in the box ASAP, and you'll minimize those possible doubts and regrets. Not to sound cold about it, but I tend to be a pure pragmatist about stuff like this. Of course, I could be wrong, as Dennis Miller always says! ;)

Katastrophe
June 24th, 2008, 08:30 AM
That's why I can't seem to sell my older guitars. I have a lot of sentimental attachment to them.

So, I'll keep 'em and fix 'em up one day, and hang them on a wall when they're no longer playable.

SuperSwede
June 24th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Guitars dont have any sentimental value for me, but I do miss my original TS808.

street music
June 24th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Man I can't stand this sadness, guitar is probably saying ON THE ROAD AGAIN'
I JUST GOT PUT ON THE ROAD AGAIN"

Plank_Spanker
June 26th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I felt the same about the Strat, but I knew it was going to a good home. :D

Bloozcat
June 26th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Ya know, this sounds like a great title for a blues song...

"Why do they just sound better when they're sold"
:cool:

just strum
June 26th, 2008, 10:06 AM
I felt the same about the Strat, but I knew it was going to a good home. :D

The #1 of the group.