PDA

View Full Version : The Monkey Paw

SuperSwede
June 23rd, 2008, 12:51 PM
Just in case someone wanted it, here is the awesome backing track that I used for my Swedecaster clip earlier.

http://www.freshbt.com/backing_track/download/Jamtrack_Monkey_Paw.htm

And here is my take (short clip) :pancake:

http://www.box.net/shared/oqauy2xogk

M29
June 23rd, 2008, 07:07 PM
Man that was super SS, what an awesome sound, great playing. I don't think I can do much at my level but I am going to mess with that baby:rockon:

Edited: I am going to mess with it at home not (add to it), don't want to hold up a collab. What a fine job Super!

Thank you for sharing.

M29

Jimi75
June 24th, 2008, 01:28 AM
SS I loved your take on the BT. No one else dares to add something to the BT now :D

Your playing reminded me of the "Hellecasters". This could easily be a Hellecasters song.

Nice work. Respect!

SuperSwede
June 24th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Your playing reminded me of the "Hellecasters". This could easily be a Hellecasters song.

Thats why I named the track "Swedecaster".

Thanks for listening! I sure enjoy playing this kind of music :)

ZMAN
June 24th, 2008, 07:55 PM
That is very interesting. I downloaded all of the songs from the Guitar Center's blues tracks for last years King of the blues guitar showdown. One of them was Monkey paw. I have a totally different take on it. Yours is a more country finger pickin style and mine is a more bluesy style. There were about 21 backing tracks and several of them are really amazing.
I have no way of recording myself and I probably would not but it is very interesting to hear someone elses take on the track. Very nice.
Some of my favourites from the same set of tracks are Chicago Blues, Laid Down blues, and my favourite is called A minor affair. Along with Monkey Paw.

tjcurtin1
June 24th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Whew, SS! Smooth playing, hot sound!

helliott
June 24th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Yo, Swede! :dude: :master: :bravo: :beer: :rockon:

I can't touch that, but might just try a different approach. Your playing on this is just great. Thanks!

Justaguyin_nc
June 24th, 2008, 10:09 PM
That's southern Sweden aint it?

Da S U P E R Swede!!

Enjoyed it :bravo:

SuperSwede
June 25th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Oh you are far too kind boys... :o

Yes justa, I live in the southern part of Sweden.
"The Highlands" remember? ;)

Zman, you should get started with home recording!

ZMAN
June 25th, 2008, 05:00 AM
You are probably correct. I have come a long way to even be able to play along with these tracks. That would probably be the next step. I will do some research on what I need.
Have you heard and of the ones I mentioned?

SuperSwede
June 25th, 2008, 10:07 AM
You are probably correct. I have come a long way to even be able to play along with these tracks. That would probably be the next step. I will do some research on what I need.
Have you heard and of the ones I mentioned?

I think we had a thread about the contest earlier...
The tracks are available on the freshbt.com site.

Essentially you only need some kind of recording software.
There are several threads on that if you search the fret archives.

You also want a software/hardware amp modeler or amp with sp.sim output.

After that its pretty much hit and run.. :AOK:

I´m looking forward to hear your take on "Monkey Paw" ! :)

Algonquin
October 20th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Rawkin stuff SS... we need more of this here at the Fret!

Killer my friend :master:

Robert
October 20th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Yah, that was sweet, Calle! :master:
We need more of you!

SuperSwede
October 21st, 2008, 04:48 AM
Thanks... unfortunately I cant play at all right now due to a mysterious pain in my finger joints... probably a flu or something since I have fever and headaches as well.

duhvoodooman
October 21st, 2008, 05:17 AM
Man, that was some great country-style playing, Swede. You are quite the versatile player there, dood! I don't know how the heck I missed this when you originally posted it 4 months ago, but I'm glad 'Gonquie revived the thread! :AOK: :dude: :rockon: :bravo: :master:

SuperSwede
October 21st, 2008, 09:16 AM
Thanks DVM..... now if I only had a nice rat-clone to drive that twanging tone even further towards nashville ;)

ted s
October 21st, 2008, 09:56 AM
SS !, that frogn rawk'n awsome !

duhvoodooman
October 21st, 2008, 09:57 AM
....now if I only had a nice rat-clone to drive that twanging tone even further towards nashville ;)
You're in luck (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?p=102774#post102774). :D