PDA

View Full Version : Celine Dion & ACDC cover

ted s
June 24th, 2008, 03:14 PM
This is just so wrong on so many levels..
Including the absolute misuse and abuse of a perfectly good cowbell.
Pass me a fork so I can stick it in my forehead.

FONt47Z0KZg

duhvoodooman
June 24th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Pass the fork when you're done with it, please.... :puke:

Musically no better, but easier on the eyes:

zHtuGMHWAf0

ted s
June 24th, 2008, 03:38 PM
hmm.. 2 Canadian women destroying the same song.. smells of conspiracy to me. Look out...

Shania is a babe, Celine on the other hand.. Grandpa's girl

Steve206
June 24th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I have to say,,,,

that if I had never heard that song before...those skinny girls are not bad.

Steve

Spudman
June 24th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Saw this a couple of years ago and all I have to say is :puke:. I'd rather eat a plate of dried boogers than to watch or listen to Celine D.
Next.

warren0728
June 24th, 2008, 05:10 PM
This is just so wrong on so many levels..
Including the absolute misuse and abuse of a perfectly good cowbell.
Pass me a fork so I can stick it in my forehead.

makes the slogan "what happens in vegas....stays in vegas" actually mean something! :puke:

ww

warren0728
June 24th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Pass the fork when you're done with it, please.... :puke:

Musically no better, but easier on the eyes:

why oh why do these people think they can sing anything!! :thwap:

ww

sunvalleylaw
June 24th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Shania twangin' that song is a little bit interesting at least. (EDIT: until she got to the chorus. Barf!) As for Celine, I have yet to see anything at all I like about Vegas.

warren0728
June 24th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I have yet to see anything at all I like about Vegas.
they have some really good roller-coasters and as a photographer i really like the architecture....that's about it....

ww

just strum
June 24th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Pleeeaaaaazzzzzeee, Robert or one of the mods shut this thread down. Ted, I like you bud, but you should receive some sort of punishment for this thread.:D

Spudman
June 24th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Pleeeaaaaazzzzzeee, Robert or one of the mods shut this thread down. Ted, I like you bud, but you should receive some sort of punishment for this thread.:D

Ya Strum you can punish him. Send him all your Milli Vanilli and Air Supply albums. That will teach him.

just strum
June 24th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Ya Strum you can punish him. Send him all your Milli Vanilli and Air Supply albums. That will teach him.

Whew, I get to keep my Abba.

You keep making fun of my collection, but I tell you the value is going to shoot through the ceiling within the next year.

ted s
June 24th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Anything as long as you don't make me take the ABBA.
Sorry, I must repent..

Where's Marnold at ?

just strum
June 24th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Sorry, I must repent..

Where's Marnold at ?

I don't want to speak for him, but he is human and even he has to have his limitations. You might be on your own on this one.

You better post something real good to reverse this act that you performed.

Katastrophe
June 24th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Both of those are too painful to watch.:messedup:

marnold
June 24th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Fortunately for you the good Lord is more forgiving than I am :)

Algonquin
June 24th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Strummy, I know you are jesting here! I actually liked some of Celine's songs she origianally released (In French) prior to the Mega Schmultsy Icon she's become... but that was a long time ago.

There's are a hundred + folks right here that I'd sit and and have coffee with, rather to attend on of these shows...

Nothing wrong with covering other Artists material, but this ain't my cup of tea.

ted s
June 25th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Hey, if I'm going down, I'm taking VoodooBob with me, I'll take 2/3'rds for staring the thread.

mrmudcat
June 25th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Shania atleast is a looker.(Im sorry thats all im allowed to say ever:whatever: ) The lappy was interesting.At best both were up to par for karoke night at the local dive ,on a tuesday night no doubt!!:beer:

I would love to play my lappy with shania:master:

Whats that honey:thwap: .............ouch that hurt!;)

Bloozcat
June 25th, 2008, 02:11 PM
A couple of days ago, I heard that the readers of a guitar magazine in England, voted this the worst cover of a rock song....ever...:eek:

Now you can feel my pain...

Celine Dion is one of the artists my wife loves to listen to...and she's one of her better choices. There's Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond, and Barbara Streisand too (who I despise on many levels). She probably likes ABBA as well, but I've never been able to ask her 'cause I can't get the word "ABBA" out of my mouth without getting sick to my stomach...:puke:

My wife would undoubtedly find Dion's cover better than the AC/DC original. She'd think it was rockin'...or hep, or whatever she's calls the ear rot she listens to. And she'd have no idea who AC/DC was, nor that they did the song first.

But, I still love her, despite such an obvious fault as this...;)

duhvoodooman
June 25th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Hey, if I'm going down, I'm taking VoodooBob with me, I'll take 2/3'rds for staring the thread.
No way you're takin' me down with you, Bucko! For the Shania video I posted, it's a simple matter of clicking the "mute" control on your player software and just enjoy the scenery.

But watching Celine strut & play "air guitar" is almost as offensive to the eyes as that performance is to the ears! :eek: :saw:

sunvalleylaw
June 25th, 2008, 03:08 PM
But watching Celine strut & play "air guitar" is almost as offensive to the eyes as that performance is to the ears! :eek: :saw:

Yeah, that part was pretty heinous. :puke:

snoglobe
June 25th, 2008, 08:46 PM
thinking about running my cherry red SG through a wood chipper

ted s
June 26th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Ok, as an olive branch I offer this, my 2 favorite "C's"
Clapton and Cray.

yBilW9cPfDA

oldguy
June 28th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I dunno........ I kind of liked both........ goes to show what you can do if your manager is smart enough to rip off real rock and roll..... not......:puke:

It wouldn't have been quite as bad if they'd at least been a clear parody, like Hayseed Dixie......... but they were actually........serious......???:confused: