PDA

View Full Version : EX-7 for $99 at GC

marnold
June 24th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I'm on vacation at my folks' place and happened to stroll into the local Guitar Center. I was trying to see if they had any of the new Danelectro Cool Cat pedals (they didn't), but I noticed that they have the Digitech EX-7 Expression Factory for $99. Previous normal price was $199. The guy I talked to said that that price was good for at least the rest of the month, although it appeared to be a new regular price. They also have the Digitech Chorus Factory for $49. I wanted to snag one of those my own self.

Robert, you need one of these, you know . . .

just strum
June 24th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Well, they haven't changed their website yet. Where is the GC store you went to located?

I'm sure if you call that store or any store they would probably match it - I assume.

Robert
June 24th, 2008, 04:48 PM
One of you guys should buy one for me and I'll pay you via PayPal. Getting stuff shipped to Canada from those kind of stores are usually a pain. Although I haven't really checked with GC.

marnold
June 24th, 2008, 05:55 PM
The Guitar Center is in Saginaw, Michigan. The guy checked it on the computer there, so it should be system-wide. I'm starting to GAS for that Chorus Factory. I just don't know if my wife would shoot me.

Robert, if you can't find one and you are serious about wanted me to snag one and mail it to you (I have no idea what shipping to Canadia would be), let me know before the end of the week. I'm heading back to WI on Sunday or Monday.

Robert
June 24th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Marnold, that would be swell, dear chap. Can you check what shipping would be? It seems I need one of these pedals in order to fit in with you big boys.

marnold
June 25th, 2008, 10:04 AM
I'll see what I can't find out. I'll have to ask my Dad where the local UPS outlet is. I know it's not too far.

marnold
June 26th, 2008, 03:19 PM
The UPS Store said it would cost $65 to ship that pedal to you, Robert. That seems crazy, but I've never shipped anything to Canada before. Thoughts?

Robert
June 26th, 2008, 03:22 PM
WHAT! Sixty Five Freaking Bucks? That is indeed crazy my friend. What about good old USPS? Those UPS leeches - I hate them. Overcharging for everything, darned scoundrels.

jasongins
June 26th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I checked the USPS website. A 2 pound package to Canada would be $18.40 for Priority Mail International ($17.48 if label paid for online), 6 to 10 day delivery time. A 20 pound flat rate box would be about $22.00 to ship, so maybe Robert should make a big shopping list. First-Class Mail International Package would be $8.56, post office only, with delivery time listed as "varies."

There is also a customs form that has to be filled out, I think because certain items may be "duitiable." I don't know much more about that.

Tone2TheBone
June 26th, 2008, 06:16 PM
....."It seems I need one of these pedals in order to fit in with you big boys."

Huh? What was that? I didn't hear you very well you were saying??? :D ;)

That would be cool if you got one. They're really fun pedals. I'm really digging the Cry Baby effect these days and the Whammy effect is fun as heck.

marnold
June 26th, 2008, 07:28 PM
I'll research further. That $65 sounded insane, but I didn't know if they had some special fee for beaver repellent or something if they ship to Canada. I can ask the USPS too.

marnold
June 30th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Turns out the guy at the UPS Store was huffing something. The actual cost was just shy of $22--which means that someone else will soon be joining the EX-7 Club!