PDA

View Full Version : Simple Joys of Life

Childbride
June 24th, 2008, 05:58 PM
so, i was doing some chores when i got home from work, came out of the kitchen going into the hall toward the 'guy room' where the pool table is, and she startled me so badly i screamed like a little girl... then hugged her and didn't want to let her go.

BG is home. [my daughter-by-proxy]

she's here until the 30th. she latched directly onto shiner's D'Aquisto and has been playing since she got here. i can hear her sweet voice right now, she's singing away.

i see a family jam after supper. :D

life is Good.

nothing is so important as Sharing With the Ones We Love... ;)

Kazz
June 24th, 2008, 06:20 PM
That by proxy thing cracks me up.....hold on tight.....the party is at Shiners place.

just strum
June 24th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Hey CB, tell BG I said hello even though she has no clue who I am.

Childbride
June 24th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Strummy, strummy, strummy. ;)

Of Course she knows who you are. :D

i promise to tell her.

we're watching Hell's Kitchen, then family guitar time. :pancake:

just strum
June 24th, 2008, 07:11 PM
we're watching Hell's Kitchen,...

Isn't that the movie Warren starred in?

Childbride
June 24th, 2008, 07:24 PM

:rotflmao:

i told her, just a moment ago.

you got the 21-year-old 'aaaWWWwwww'... :D with a grin. ;)

and Wings, she's already absconded with one of your picks. :D

warren0728
June 24th, 2008, 07:25 PM
lol....that's the movie i live....i am watching it too though! :pancake:

ww

warren0728
June 24th, 2008, 07:26 PM

i told her, just a moment ago.

you got the 21-year-old 'aaaWWWwwww'... :D with a grin.:D
wow my legend is expanding...pancakes for everybody!! :pancake: :rotflmao:

ww

street music
June 24th, 2008, 08:08 PM
CB, Shiner & Baby Girl, enjoy that time together, it's great that a family comes together for fun & music & FOOD!

sunvalleylaw
June 24th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Uh oh! I tink I see a B... G... registering! Welcome in advance!

luvmyshiner
June 24th, 2008, 08:31 PM
She just registered Steve. I warned her that it might take awhile to get approved, but honestly that's one of the things I love about this forum. Less spam when you know the moderators actually check folks out.

It's great to have her home, even if it's only for a little while. This is the house she was born in, so it will always be home. We live a block from the hospital, and her mother and I actually walked there the night she was born.

She hasn't put the D'Aquisto down since she got here. Crap, I might actually have to start looking for another one for a graduation present in a year.:thwap:

By the way, she brought her Washburn. Seems the only person she trusts to change the strings is her old man (that's what she says, truth is, she's cheap and she knows I love doing it:) )

wingsdad
June 24th, 2008, 08:36 PM
... and Wings, she's already absconded with one of your picks. :D
Well, guess that means I already sorta said 'howdy, BG' :wave: so please, make it official for me, CB. ;)

sunvalleylaw
June 24th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Well that is just awesome! I hope I didn't steal your thunder. :thwap: But I couldn't help it when I saw the activation in process underway.

RE: the strings, that's like what I did with my laundry and Mom when I came home from college. Come to think of it, my girlfriend's Mom too. But they claimed they truly loved it. :D

Childbride
June 24th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Well, guess that means I already sorta said 'howdy, BG' :wave: so please, make it official for me, CB. ;)

you know i will. ;)

Katastrophe
June 24th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Crap, I might actually have to start looking for another one for a graduation present in a year.:thwap:

So, let me get this straight... You're gonna buy her a D'Aquisto for graduation, and you change her strings for her because you love to do it...

*gulp* Holy Crap! Furiously looks up legal forms websites

I've printed up all the necessary adoption paperwork. I'll be there in an hour and a half, and I'll pay the filing fee at the Clerk's office in the morning.

I'll be bringing a keg of Shiner Bock with me.;) :D :beer:

Shiner, CB, sounds like a great day, now that the BG is home.

luvmyshiner
June 24th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I'll be bringing a keg of Shiner Bock with me.;) :D :beer:

You had me at the keg son.:beer: Looks like I have another child I didn't know about. I just wish this was the first time that ever happened.:cry:

Bloozcat
June 25th, 2008, 09:26 AM
so, i was doing some chores when i got home from work, came out of the kitchen going into the hall toward the 'guy room' where the pool table is, and she startled me so badly i screamed like a little girl... then hugged her and didn't want to let her go.

BG is home. [my daughter-by-proxy]

she's here until the 30th. she latched directly onto shiner's D'Aquisto and has been playing since she got here. i can hear her sweet voice right now, she's singing away.

i see a family jam after supper. :D

life is Good.

nothing is so important as Sharing With the Ones We Love... ;)

Shiner, I sure hope you know how blessed you are......:AOK:

warren0728
June 25th, 2008, 09:30 AM
true....so very true! :beer:

ww

luvmyshiner
June 25th, 2008, 09:57 AM

Believe me guys, I do.:AOK:

PAPPY
June 25th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Bloozcat
Shiner, I sure hope you know how blessed you are......

Come on guys, we all know Childbride is the lucky one here............I mean, how many gals can say their spouse drinks Shiner Bock Beer :beer:

Sorry Kimmie, I just had to say that....you know good and well that I know who the lucky one is in your household. Say "Howdy" to BG for me.

just strum
June 25th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Come on guys, we all know Childbride is the lucky one here............I mean, how many gals can say their spouse drinks Shiner Bock Beer :beer:

All of Texas?

Childbride
June 25th, 2008, 08:44 PM
i am a huge type A personality that cannot delegate, and i admit that.

i currently have enough leave to take off three months at work.

i have officially decided that some things are More Important, and am taking off the next two days [but to slip in for hearings in district court] to be with BG.

let the four day weekend begin. :D

she and i are about to go hit the hot tub and have girl time. :)

Childbride
June 25th, 2008, 08:59 PM
OMG... i wish i had the proper recording device right now to let you hear what i hear...

shiner has her plugged on the D'Aquisto, and she's singing/playing.

jeezly crow, she has the voice of an angel, and she just is making my heart soar.

i have to fix that, y'all have to hear her sing.

more later this weekend. i'm going to see if i can fix that. she can make you think that Life is Pretty Again just by testing her vocal chords. ;)

magoo
June 25th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Hey CB and shiner, you guys must be so happy to have BG home.
I find the only thing I find better then strumming my guitar is watching my daughter play.

Childbride
June 25th, 2008, 09:20 PM
ok, we're now getting ready to hit the hot tub...

but we've just done family jamming time, and i'm so thrilled... the next four days are going to be so much fun!!!

Life is not about how many moments you Live, it's about how many moments that take your breath away...

luvmyshiner
June 25th, 2008, 09:37 PM
This is the reason I picked up the guitar. Babygirl, CB and I were jamming. BG introduced us to this song, only she transposed it so even I could play it, and it was in a key she could sing. The chords we played are G Em C and D. And BG sings like an angel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-ctIC65PV0

street music
June 26th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Dang it Shiner, I thought this would be of BG singing, I've seen Leona's video.
WE MUST HAVE RECORDINGS?, What am I saying? I can't do that yet myself but I'm off to the music store today and will hunt for the needed program to post sound clips.
CB, GET VIDEO OF BG before she goes back to school.:rockon: :R :munch:

Bloozcat
June 26th, 2008, 09:10 AM
i am a huge type A personality that cannot delegate, and i admit that.

i currently have enough leave to take off three months at work.

i have officially decided that some things are More Important, and am taking off the next two days [but to slip in for hearings in district court] to be with BG.

let the four day weekend begin. :D

she and i are about to go hit the hot tub and have girl time. :)

You're on the right track, Childbride...:AOK:

Just ask yourself this question: If you were suddenly faced with loosing everything in your life, and could choose only one thing to keep, what would it be?

I think you know the answer...it's what life's really all about...

luvmyshiner
June 26th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Sorry about that Street, I lack the technical know how to post clips. I guess that's one of those things I'm going to have to fix.

luvmyshiner
June 26th, 2008, 12:07 PM
:rotflmao: Well apparently the women of the Shiner household had quite a good time last night. I suspected something had happened when I woke up this morning and discovered several pictures which should have been hanging on the wall were now on the floor, two empty wine bottles by the hot tub and one half empty bottle on the kitchen counter, and a beer which had been dropped in the back room at some point and exploded.

BG called me at 11:30 and was concerned that CB might be dead, but she wasn't, she was just still sleeping.:D I just took them to lunch and tried to get a little more information. However, they couldn't tell me what time they got to bed, because neither of them remembers it. Additionally, apparently I have to fish a few things out of the hot tub that were dropped, and then couldn't be found. BG also told me I might need to water down the grass about three feet away from the hot tub. It seems that at some point she um . . . fertilized it with her supper.:poke:

Katastrophe
June 26th, 2008, 12:19 PM
:rotflmao: Well apparently the women of the Shiner household had quite a good time last night... *SNIP* BG also told me I might need to water down the grass about three feet away from the hot tub. It seems that at some point she um . . . fertilized it with her supper.:poke:

I'll bet dinner wasn't as good the second time around. :rotflmao:

If either one posts today, I'll try and type my responses softly. I hope that both of them and the house recover quickly.

Childbride
June 26th, 2008, 01:55 PM
honey, what about that thing called 'plausible deniability?'

[...]

Baby_Girl
June 26th, 2008, 02:15 PM
so about that leona lewis song...

we were having problems with the bridge. we couldn't get the timing right. can any one figure it out?

i may or may not have done shiner's aforementioned things...

luvmyshiner
June 26th, 2008, 02:56 PM
If they pull a repeat performance tonight, I'll make sure I get pictures so I can prove it.:poke:

PAPPY
June 26th, 2008, 03:04 PM
AWWW! I feel for you Shiner. It must have been the toughest thing you've ever done......staying sober so you could work today while they were having a party last night.

luvmyshiner
June 26th, 2008, 03:42 PM
AWWW! I feel for you Shiner. It must have been the toughest thing you've ever done......staying sober so you could work today while they were having a party last night.

Sniff, thanks for understanding Pappy.:cry: And the bad news is . . . they're both off tomorrow and I STILL gotta work.:thwap:

street music
June 26th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Poor Shiner, what a tough day you must have, cleaning house after two pretty ladies enjoyed a night of fun, food, music and water. Ole' I forget and DRINK< DRINK DRINK :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :beer: :beer:

Childbride
June 26th, 2008, 08:59 PM
well, at some point this afternoon, i heard shiner and the other by proxy talking on the cell about BG's/my 'alleged' exploits last night.

byproxy said 'well, heck, i guess i better come up there and help you babysit'

now, for the first time in i can't remember how long, they are both in the house at the same time. shiner has moved amps around, the jam sessions have continued, and i promise, if it's in my power, we will make a shiner recording this weekend.

:D

i've died and gone to heaven. or something. :)