PDA

View Full Version : Musicians Friend woes

LagrangeCalvert
June 25th, 2008, 12:37 PM
So you know about the peavey windsor studio

Musicians Enemy CANCELED my order without my permission and put the money back on my debit card and then sent me an email saying the amph is on backorder. But heres the problem I have with that......

I called MF last friday, talked to someone saying that my new UNDAMAGED amp would ship out on monday....I say to myself "about damn time...its been returned for 4 days" then on sat. I get the "Backorder" e-mail.....so I call on monday and they say "We have 11 new ones in stock" :confused: AND they can transfer my money to an "in store credit"...this apparently is waaay faster than putting it back on my card - whatever I just want the damn amp - and they would call me tomorrow to help me order it without any delays. So no call by 2 today so I call them and they tell me the money has been put back onto my debit card....but it might not show up for 72 hours..... :mad: I pitch a ***** and they offer 2 day shipping for free...

Once this amp it bought AND its without defect this will be the LAST TIME I BUY GEAR FROM MUSICIANS FRIEND.

Bloozcat
June 25th, 2008, 01:53 PM
For future reference...Zzounds is a fret.net sponsor, and a portion of the sale goes to support the site. Just thought I'd mention that...

And, Sweetwater is the anti-Musician's Friend when it comes to service. They're top drawer. Only drawback there, is that they don't always carry everything you might want.

wingsdad
June 25th, 2008, 09:07 PM
If it doesn't work out at MF, looks like it's in stock, same price....and just about anything ships free, no minimum $Order.
PV Windsor Studio at Sweetwater (http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/WindsorStu/)
I bagged MF years ago they last time I got scrod on an item (that's the past pluperfect subjunctive conjugation). If I absolutely can't get something locally at my GAS Station, it's Sweetwater, American Musical Supply or Elderly Instros.

luvmyshiner
June 25th, 2008, 09:41 PM
. . . (that's the past pluperfect subjunctive conjugation). . .

For some reason, after two years of college Greek, I find that very funny Wings.:master: But I'm still not sure what the hell all that stuff meant.:thwap: Maybe Rocket can help us.:D

wingsdad
June 25th, 2008, 11:01 PM
... Maybe Rocket can help us.:D
Yeah, Shiner, I'm kinda waitin' to get stomped on for this one, cuz it's practically an invitation :thwap:

Actually, I dunno either. Scrod's a fish you can get at most Boston harbor restaurants. Hop a cab from Logan Airport, ask a cabbie: "Hey, where can I get scrod in this town?" and you're likely to get dropped off in the Combat Zone ('red light district', sorta, if y'all ain't been to Beantown).:messedup:

So, to stick on topic...I just thought it fit....since MF seems to have a way of exponentially screwing things up :flamemad:

Bloozcat
June 26th, 2008, 08:57 AM
I don't know...my spell check comes up, "scrood"....;)