PDA

View Full Version : Another Wedding Gig...!

Robert
June 25th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Coming up on the weekend, another wedding gig. A guy is singing this piece, and wants me to do the guitar part. Wish me luck....
:greenguitar:
gUh1SlrtEG0

Algonquin
June 25th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Good luck Rob.

And wear more than a tee shirt this time:bootyshake: Pants are always good!... yup, you can never go wrong with pants at a wedding :D

M29
June 25th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Man I hope you don't have to play Proud Mary:thwap:

Oh yeah...Good Luck:AOK:

M29

Robert
June 28th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Well, I did it. Phew! It was the toughest gig I've ever done... the guy singing was really good, and I wasn't so good with my playing. I had limited time to learn this tune, which I thought was easy when I first listened to it. I was wrong - it was bloody hard!

I felt a bit out of my comfort zone, but after a couple of times practicing the song with him, it went okay in the end. People were happy the performance, although I contribute most of that to the singer. He was real nice guy by the way.

The other wedding gigs I've done have been for redneck types (we all know the type), whereas this was a more sophisticated crowd. I could definitely feel the pressure! I'm glad it's over. :beer:

oldguy
June 28th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Glad it's over for you, Rob, but I'm sure you played quite well.
It's always difficult playing outside your comfort zone. I've done it, and was quite uncomfortable at the time.:)

sunvalleylaw
June 28th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Way to rise up and play out of your zone. Glad it went well!

SuperSwede
June 29th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Robert, its good to challenge yourself once in a while.
I´m sure that you will get more of these kind of gigs.

evenkeel
June 29th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Well, Well done. Take a bow. I love the guitar part in the Pavarotti/Sting vid. I bet it was "bloody hard".

warren0728
June 29th, 2008, 08:47 AM
glad you made it through it robert!...of course we knew you would! :bravo:

ww

Robert
June 29th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Especially hard since I'm blues/jazz kinda guy. I really suck at playing that classical stuff.

warren0728
June 29th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Especially hard since I'm blues/jazz kinda guy. I really suck at playing that classical stuff.
yeah but most of the people listening wouldn't know if you made a mistake or not! :AOK:

ww

tot_Ou_tard
June 29th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Way to go Robert!

luvmyshiner
June 29th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Hey, congrats Robert! Glad everything went well.

pes_laul
July 3rd, 2008, 09:43 AM
Well, I did it. Phew! It was the toughest gig I've ever done... the guy singing was really good, and I wasn't so good with my playing. I had limited time to learn this tune, which I thought was easy when I first listened to it. I was wrong - it was bloody hard!

I felt a bit out of my comfort zone, but after a couple of times practicing the song with him, it went okay in the end. People were happy the performance, although I contribute most of that to the singer. He was real nice guy by the way.

The other wedding gigs was for the redneck types (we all know the type), whereas this was a more sophisticated crowd. I could definitely feel the pressure! I'm glad it's over. :beer:

lol warren comes to mind with a lighter screaming "freeebiiird!":dude: :pancake: :rotflmao:

warren0728
July 3rd, 2008, 12:37 PM
lol warren comes to mind with a lighter screaming "freeebiiird!":dude: :pancake: :rotflmao:
i am a recovering redneck....grew up in a small rural town....and believe it or not our class song (class of 1980) was freebird! :thwap:

ww