PDA

View Full Version : The Joy of Microwave cooking!

SuperSwede
May 9th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Earlier today I was shopping at the grocery store, and I thought that one of those "ready to eat - just heat in the microwave oven" would be handy since I had very little time to cook and eat something after work (I had two meetings later). So I took one that had a nice picture of a turkey dish.
I hastily unpacked it when I got home and........the thing does not even resemble the meal that was on the front of the package! No salad or vegatables (the text on the backside mentioned that those were only serving suggestions!!!).. and there I had a very tasteless meal with chopped potatoes and a tiny very dry piece of turkey and some "you dont want to know what´s in it" sauce...

Anyone else that got experience of these fantastic microwave dishes?

(If you dont, stay away!!!)

Spudman
May 9th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Ewww! I never do RTE meals in the microwave. Besides popcorn the only thing I use mine for is to dry the cat after his bath.:D

Thanks Swede for the warning. On those days that I am a bachelor again and have to fend for myself I'll just stick with tuna.

duhvoodooman
May 9th, 2006, 05:59 PM
We get those "Lean Cuisine" meals for our family from time to time, and though they're small, at least you get what's in the picture on the cover and the taste is quite good.

This is what you get for buying the Swedish equivalent of 79 cent bulk TV dinners at Sam's Club, Swede! ;) :D

Tim
May 9th, 2006, 06:10 PM
The only one I will even attemp to eat is the "Hungryman Chicken" dinner. You get the vegatables, some kind of potatoes all mashed up and some nice size chicken parts that were fried to consume. I put butter on the potatoes to moisten them up and lots of salt and peper on the vegies. With 2 glasses of ice tea and a desert, I push away contient ... until later.

SuperSwede
May 10th, 2006, 11:29 AM
:D

Well, I dont have a cat so I only use the micro for popcorn... I eat those micro pizza slices at work sometimes so I am not 100% anti microwave, but I think that someone should sue those who produce these RTE meals that does not even resemble the picture on the package!!