PDA

View Full Version : Uh-oh!

tjcurtin1
June 26th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Well, I just received an email signed by 63 (yes, that's sixty three!) spouses or significant others of Fretters. (I don't know how it was that I was chosen to receive this email, but maybe it was because I don't list any of my equipment with my posts - or maybe they misread my Gil Janus quote...).

In any case, I have been asked to get behind the formation of a new on-line group, starting here at The Fret - G.A.S.aholics Anonymous (I hope that this doesn't breech the religion restriction here on any side...).

Well, I have decided to accede to this demand - I mean, request - by offering to act as the Treasurer of the group. WAIT! - before you all vote to boot me out of the Fret, you have to know that my wife's name was among the 63...

The other officers have yet to be appointed, but I can tell you that Mrs. Strum has offered to be President.

Regretfully,
TJC

luvmyshiner
June 26th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Sorry TJ, I am not a gasaholic . . . I can quit anytime I want to . . . I just don't want to.:D

Plank_Spanker
June 26th, 2008, 01:45 PM
I'm a "social" gasaholic.......................:D

tjcurtin1
June 26th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Good for you, Shiner! I think that's the first step on the road to recovery, isn't it? "Hello, my name is Shiner...."

warren0728
June 26th, 2008, 02:18 PM
well i don't have a wife or significant other so for once i think i'm in the clear!! :pancake: :beer:

ww

Katastrophe
June 26th, 2008, 02:34 PM
I'm Katastrophe, and I'm a GASaholic...

My Daddy once told me, "Son, no one likes a quitter."

*spits, and draws line in the dirt*

By Gawd, WHO'S WITH ME?

Childbride
June 26th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I'm a "social" gasaholic.......................:D

+1 :D

luvmyshiner
June 26th, 2008, 03:40 PM
*spits, and draws line in the dirt*

By Gawd, WHO'S WITH ME?

I got your back Kat! REMEMBER THE ALAMOOOOOOOO . . .:rockon:

oh wait, that particular battle didn't turn out to well did it:thwap: . . . never mind.

Steve206
June 26th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I guess I have been on the wagon for over a year now. Did not plan on it happening. It just slowly crept up on me. I don't really talk about it too much.

USA Strat - Indo Squire 1 [HB] dedicated for slide - Hollowbody Jazz guitar - 335 copy - Martin 016-NY - Guild D40 - Wash J28 Acc/elec - D28-12N - Johnson Tri Cone - Rogue Mando A style - Martin Uke - Oscar Schmidt 21 key Autoharp.

Not saying that I will never get another. More like a guy having made his limit and then culling.

Steve

luvmyshiner
June 26th, 2008, 03:53 PM
. . . I don't really talk about it too much. . . .

Let it all out Steve. We're here for ya' brother.

anybody up for some coffee and cigarettes?

Ch0jin
June 26th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Well, I dont have a significant other either, but if I got rid of my guitars I'd look pretty pathetic just sitting on the floor drinking rum and waving my hands about wouldn't I.

This is surely a subversive plot by game manufacturers to lure us into playing guitar hero instead...

tot_Ou_tard
June 26th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Part of the demand as I understand it is to go cold turkey.

Turkey rendevous station is Chez tOt.

Send'em all to me & I'll make sure you don't get'em back.

Selfless, moi? *blush* I just care about each & every one of you.

You can all thank me later.

tjcurtin1
June 26th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Part of the demand as I understand it is to go cold turkey.

Turkey rendevous station is Chez tOt.

Send'em all to me & I'll make sure you don't get'em back.

Selfless, moi? *blush* I just care about each & every one of you.

You can all thank me later.

Hmm... that's even more selfless than the ideas I was hatching for my role as 'Treasurer'...

Katastrophe
June 26th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I got your back Kat! REMEMBER THE ALAMOOOOOOOO . . .:rockon:

oh wait, that particular battle didn't turn out to well did it:thwap: . . . never mind.

Two Texans with a singular purpose, united for a just cause. That's enough for a win in my book!:beer:

No, the Alamo didn't work out too well, but think about how pissed we were by the time we got to San Jacinto!

scgmhawk
June 26th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Thankfully, I'm getting divorced so I must be in the clear. But, you have me thinking...There are empty MF boxes hidden throughout my house. I have been known to jam alone. Maybe, just maybe...Tell you what, after my next purchase I'll never GAS again. Promise. OK? :beer:

murph
June 26th, 2008, 10:28 PM
I quit buying guitars for this year. I bought a mandolin.

Murph

Kazz
June 27th, 2008, 04:38 AM
Good for you, Shiner! I think that's the first step on the road to recovery, isn't it? "Hello, my name is Shiner...."

Nope...Shiner is having a severe case of denial......and that is not just a river in Egypt my friend.

evenkeel
June 27th, 2008, 05:24 AM
First we have Celine covering AC/DC. Now Gas Aholics Annoymous. Some serious craziness is in the air. :D :D

PS. My wife want to know how to join!!! :thwap:

tot_Ou_tard
June 27th, 2008, 06:22 AM
PS. My wife want to know how to join!!! :thwap:
It's easy.

Step 1) She boxes up all your gear & sends it to me.

Step 2) She takes whatever money you were planning to spend on gear & sends that to Ted.

Who needs 12 steps? Two steps will take care of everything ;).

duhvoodooman
June 27th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Since this thread, amusing as it may be, is essentially social discourse and lacks any real guitar-related content, I've moved it to to the Open Mic forum.

Everyone, please restrict opening such threads to the Open Mic, where they more properly belong. Thanks!

street music
June 27th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I hope someone will appoint SPUDMAN as a therapist for Gas Aholics Annoymous because he sure knows the causes of the pain.

luvmyshiner
June 27th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I hope someone will appoint SPUDMAN as a therapist for Gas Aholics Annoymous because he sure knows the causes of the pain.

Aw hell Street, that's certainly letting the bull loose in the china shop!:poke:

tjcurtin1
June 27th, 2008, 11:07 AM
DVM - Apologies for the misplacement of the thread - I'll be more careful in future!

duhvoodooman
June 27th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Thanks, TJ! :AOK:

Katastrophe
June 27th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Aw hell Street, that's certainly letting the bull loose in the china shop!:poke:

Bull in a china shop? More like letting a crack dealer in at a NA meeting.

evenkeel
June 27th, 2008, 02:18 PM
It's easy.

Step 1) She boxes up all your gear & sends it to me.

Step 2) She takes whatever money you were planning to spend on gear & sends that to Ted.

Who needs 12 steps? Two steps will take care of everything ;).

She has a counter offer. Box up me, send to whoever. Sell the gear and... well you get the idea.

street music
June 27th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Shiner, you really don't think Spud could handle the number of clients or lack of skill? He should be a very good model for the poster and could start talking to the young kids at school, you get my idea?