PDA

View Full Version : Metallica - Kirk Solos with a Fan

Ch0jin
June 26th, 2008, 06:03 PM
sorry if this has been posted before, but I came acrosss this vid last night and every time i watch it I have a HUGE smile on my face.

As you'll have deduced from the title, It's a guy who won a competetion to jam with Metallica.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIciZD88fko

Watch Kirk's face throughout, you can tell he's impressed, especially with the octave harmonising he does during the solo "I wanted to try something with him on One" haha

Also, watch for when he drops his pick and James hands it back and he doesnt miss a beat, what a champ!

Oh and I did chuckle at the start, you can hear the last few notes of 'Cowboys From Hell' by Pantera before someone (I think Lars) says "Do you wanna play a Metallica song?" hahahahahaha.

Anyway, tell me that wouldn't be a day to remember the rest of your life!

Tone2TheBone
June 26th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Ya know that's really cool stuff. He nailed the licks and I can just imagine how he felt days later after that after playing with them. Thanks for posting. Great video.

Tone E
June 26th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Metallica do that quite a bit. They dig the fans.

Ch0jin
June 26th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Metallica do that quite a bit. They dig the fans.

As long as they dont torrent their CD's anyway ;)

Jimi75
June 27th, 2008, 01:39 AM
That video is great! Kirk is a good person indeed.

Man, can't wait until the new album comes out. This will be the rebirth of Metallica. I have seen them gazillion times live and they are a huge part of my youth. May people say and think about Kirk what they want - he is one of the reasons I started playing guitar.

GREENMACHINE
June 27th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Man that video is wicked! Imagine jamming with Metallica!!!!! And being able to impress Kirk Hammet! Wow, that is one lucky fan.

Laterz
GREENMACHINE

Ch0jin
June 27th, 2008, 02:31 AM
Man, can't wait until the new album comes out. This will be the rebirth of Metallica. I have seen them gazillion times live and they are a huge part of my youth. May people say and think about Kirk what they want - he is one of the reasons I started playing guitar.

+10 for me. I never liked Jason Newstead on bass, but I saw them play with Robert Trujillo a couple of years back and they were simply amazing. I hear what your saying about growing up with them too. All the pre "Black" albums should be mandatory listening for anyone who has an interest in metal. I also very highly recommend that double CD of covers they released called 'Garage Inc' Its got it all, punk covers and metal covers that are awesome, but one of the standouts for me is actually the Bob Seger track "Turn the page". Although that Merciful Fate medoly is really good too (far cooler sounding than Merciful Fate actually haha)