PDA

View Full Version : Canadians! Have you heard of Fret City?

Robert
June 27th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Check this out http://www.fretcity.com

Any knowledge about this place? It's new to me.

"Fret City Music is a Canadian online retailer offering quality Guitars and Basses at exceptional prices. Our core product line is the "Jack and Danny Brothers" brand, manufactured in Asia to RoHS standards of quality and product safety. Our instruments offer great tone, playability and value for all levels of musicians, and we offer a 30 day money-back guarantee on all instruments we sell. Free Shipping in Canada on all orders $200 or more. "

Jack and Danny? Never heard of. (I've heard of "Jack and Diane" though... :D )

sumitomo
June 27th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Thats a cool find robert I could see ya playing one of those JD JM30's heck I could see me playing one of those.Sumi:D

tjcurtin1
June 28th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Check this out
Our core product line is the "Jack and Danny Brothers" brand, manufactured in Asia to RoHS standards of quality and product safety.

I'd be careful if they're talking about product safety for a guitar!??? I know that drummers have been know to spontaneously combust, but have not heard of any exploding guitars... Maybe they make a combination ES335/.38 caliber smooth bore combo?

The Boss
July 6th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Check this out http://www.fretcity.com

Any knowledge about this place? It's new to me.

"Fret City Music is a Canadian online retailer offering quality Guitars and Basses at exceptional prices. Our core product line is the "Jack and Danny Brothers" brand, manufactured in Asia to RoHS standards of quality and product safety. Our instruments offer great tone, playability and value for all levels of musicians, and we offer a 30 day money-back guarantee on all instruments we sell. Free Shipping in Canada on all orders $200 or more. "

Jack and Danny? Never heard of. (I've heard of "Jack and Diane" though... :D )
Jack & Danny = J&D Luthiers.

AFAIK, these guitars are designed (ripped off) in Melbourne. I have one of their Telecasters. Excellent guitar. Stands up nicely to my Fender Tele, although the nut was crap - as soon as I put .11s on it, the nut actually broke...