PDA

View Full Version : X-men 3 on the Horizon

Myles
May 10th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Its only 16 days from the third X-men movie and if the previews are any indication it should be a great movie for anyone that enjoyed the first two. Its safe to say that if a movie can be described by the letter X and 3 claws and everyone actually knows exactly what they are talking about then its going to be a huge hit. It's tough to say whether I'm going to be making opening night, but this is definitely a must see movie in theatres in my books.

Are any of you planning on attending X-men 3?

What are your thoughts on the series thus far?

blogan
May 10th, 2006, 01:51 PM
I'm looking forward to X-men 3. I didn't know anything about X-men until X2--had to rent the original immediately!

Summer is good, blue body paint ain't bad... :rolleyes:

Robert
May 10th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Lotsa movies coming out this year.

Superman Returns
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
A Scanner Darkly
Miami Vice
Da Vinci Code
Mission Impossible 3
Posedion

SuperSwede
May 10th, 2006, 02:41 PM
I never saw Pirates of the Caribbean, is it any good?

Robert
May 10th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Oh yarrrgh mate, the Pirates arrrhh goooode!

SuperSwede
May 10th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Raise Jolly Roger and bring me a bottle of Rum! I think I will have a video night tomorrow :)
I really havent watched any movies lately, I think the last one was Das Boot (probably for the 5-6 time ;) ).. what a great movie!

blogan
May 10th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Haven't seen Pirates of the Carribean?! :eek: Rent it, now! I saw it expecting to hate it, but loved it.

Robert mentioned Mission Impossible 3. Saw it this last weekend. If you like the TV show Alias, you'll like MI3. Same sort of plot, lots of explosions, and Tom running like a track star.

Oh, wait a second... Alias stars Jennifer Garner in all sorts of outrageous costumes ;), MI3 has snarky, smirky, smarmy Tom Cruise :(. If you can ignore Tom, you'll be okay.

I'm also looking forward to The DaVinci Code. If the movie's half as good as the book, it will be great.

duhvoodooman
May 10th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Haven't seen Pirates of the Carribean?! :eek: Rent it, now!
Absolutely. I wasn't expecting much either, but it was great. Very funny & constant action, really not a dull moment in the movie. And Johnny Depp was just fantastic as Capt. Jack Sparrow.

Myles
May 11th, 2006, 11:20 AM
I'm looking forward to X-men 3. I didn't know anything about X-men until X2--had to rent the original immediately!

Ya even though there were millions of comic fans drooling over these films, its nice to see they were done well so that people who knew nothing about X-men could really enjoy the movies.

Kelsey Grammer (spelling?) is going to be the beast in the next one which surprised me initially, but the shots from around the set look fantastic.

Anyone have a favourite character?

Tim
May 11th, 2006, 12:27 PM
I'm looking forward to X-men 3.

I loved the first two installments of X-MEN. I though the two movies were excellent and can't wait for # 3 to be released.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/tls/trailer/

I am waiting with high anticipation for the new Superman Returns movie to be released. The teaser is fantastic.

Go for Standard viewing:
http://supermanreturns.warnerbros.com/trailer.html

Myles
May 26th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Well X-men 3 comes out tonight. Anyone who sees it be sure to let us know what its like!

Katastrophe
May 26th, 2006, 02:23 PM
My dear, considerate wife advised me today that she's gonna go watch the movie without me... I'm really happy about that.:D :rolleyes: :D

duhvoodooman
May 27th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Well X-men 3 comes out tonight. Anyone who sees it be sure to let us know what its like!
Saw it with my son last night. The ladies went to see The DaVinci Code, which my son (age 13) wasn't interested in, and I had read the book and heard the movie wan't that hot. So off we went to see Wolverine & Co.

Good action flick, not great. I'm no Marvel/X-men fan, so maybe those who are would be more taken with it. Lots of action, good special effects, but the plot isn't all that interesting, IMO. Kelsey Grammer was excellent in the Beast role, I must say. Some funny bits, but mostly apocalyptic bad mutants vs. good mutants action. On the way out of the theater, I heard two people say "I liked the second one better", but I haven't seen that, so couldn't judge.

BTW, some idiot brought an infant into the movie, who (predictably!) started screaming halfway through. I'm sure some of the loud sound effects must have firghtened the poor little tyke. The shear stupidity and thoughtlessness of people never ceases to amaze me. I probably have limited patience for these puny humans because I'm a mutant myself....Duh Voodoo Man, mediocre guitar player extraordinaire! Bow before the power of my EL84 tubes, or I'll make your ears bleed with a badly strummed Emin9-sus6-dim7-flat4 chord!! Mwahh-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!

Myles
May 29th, 2006, 08:26 AM
I also saw X-Men 3 yesterday and I have to say I loved it. I can accept that it is a marvel fan's movie though. Part of this movies charm is that they don't waste time introducing all of these characters, you just know them the second they use their power. What really shakes it up is the length they go to, to shift the storyline from what is expected.

I have noticed a similar trend though among my non-marvel fan friends that they weren't awe struck by this movie. I would definitely encourage anyone that sees this movie that you go see the first 2 before hand. Nonetheless, I'll be going to see it again because I didn't watch through the credits like a fool and there is quite an interesting turn of events.